Skip to content
Hump Day *****3/26/2014*****Cold and windy *****what happened to spring?
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day.....what happened to springtime???? Well, it was indeed a very short one. 27* it is cold and windy. Really? Well, at least I know warmer weather has to be somewhere lurking around here. It will only be in low 40's today with rain headed our way.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day, with little to no pain as well. The furbabies woke me up this morning. I was thankful though as it was closer to 7. Perhaps this was because I fell asleep last night and did not put them to bed until after 12....when I woke up. I guess I was really tired from being up so early yesterday.

So much going on around the country. Thoughts and prayers go out to people who are experiencing so many issues to deal with. I think I have problems but then I know that mine are actually not so much, when I read what is happening to other people. I am then very thankful as I know it could also be worse.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and what others have found that has made a difference for them. Of course we are all different...and what helps one person may or may not help you. You never know though until you have tried it. It normally takes a combination of *tools* that will make a difference. So do your own research and then decide what you want to try.

Vitamin D. I do encourage everyone to be sure and ask your doctor to check this....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I am hoping for sunshine today but not so sure that I will have much here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will indeed thank you for doing this. (this sure makes a difference for me)

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Hump Day Everyone!

COLD here and we are still getting flurries, and still have both a Wind Advisory and a Severe Weather Alert. Cape Cod is getting slapped around by this storm, and the wind is really strong. Yuki won't go out, the big dog hates the sound of the wind. DH is on a business trip and is missing all this, but I sent pics.

My sister came over yesterday and helped me clean out the kitchen, the hallway and part of the cellar. My sister packs very efficiently, and everything is on the front porch. I forgot to label each box, which means I can't find anything. LOL I'm glad Yuki didn't want out last night, because the flashlights are in a box on the porch"026

We're still waiting for the state to issue the emergency permit to remove the asbestos on the pipes in the cellar and the kitchen floor. They also filed a regular permit, which takes 10 business days, so we're tentatively scheduled for April 8! Cripes!

I hope this find you all well, warm and happy. I'm going to get another sweater. Wishing you the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I do hope that your day is going as well as it can and that your are not dealing with fibro pain and issues.

Cold but sunny day here. Will get up to nearly 50.Gonna get even warmer over the next few days, near 70 Saturday, only down side is that maybe, maybe, this weekend when it warms up we may get strong storms here. I could do without those. I hate cellar time.

DH and I had to cover our trees with blossoms last night as it went down to the low 20's. But I do believe that spring is now going to happen for real and that the winter from Hell is History. So we will be putting the plants out for, we're sure, the last time until next October. Yay that.

I have my neck traction today and a few errands afterwards.. Didn't go out yesterday because it was snowing lightly on and off so why bother.

Am now taking Lyrica, 50 MG's, in the day time. The night time one seems to be working at keeping the leg and foot pain away. I can see the difference between the Gabapentin and the Lyrica. I do feel a bit off balance and a bit more tired with the Lyrica but the trade off between the two is less pain with Lyrica so I'm going to stick with this for a bit longer to make sure it's the one for me.

Lou, I'm so sorry that you are having to go thru all of this. Asbestos and mold removal is a big job and I know this is a very stressful time for you. Glad your sister was able to help you pack. Sorry that things got packed without tags, but I've done that more than once myself.

Cory, sorry I am on and off here for a few days and get things mixed up. I am glad that your vacation date is near and am sure you will make it to it and get to go on it.

Hi Jan, saw you posted. Always good to hear from you.

Like I said slow day here.. so will close this here with my best to all.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope that last night was the last extra cold day here. It was just above zero. Tonight is supposed to be 28 but snow is on the way. The long term forecast is allegedly going to be much warmer and I hope they are speaking the truth.

Today was a good day overall. Work was quiet, but I always have lots to do. This means I can choose my pace though so that was nice. The rest of this week looks good and hopefully my three days next week before I go.

Lou, I know that asbestos removal is quite a process. A friend of mine was certified for asbestos and lead removal. He had to buy a fair amount of special equipment.

Linda R, thanks.

Mimi, that is not much warmer than way up here, far too cold.

I hope you all have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi All-- My Hump Day had a Surprise-- I was having my coffee this morning and checking facebook and low and behold here was a photo of my brand new grand daughter! She was born in the middle of the night on the other side of the country so I didn't even have my phone on as she's not due for a couple more weeks. LOL. so Well I found out about our new grand on facebook! She is #5; 3 girls 2 boys some are here and some are out in WA. That was amazing.

I was feeling good this am for first time all week--then I baby sat and we had a good day--but so busy--and so hard on me. My neck flared and my SI joints are kind of sore too. I'm not fitting my exercises for the SI in like I should. (bad) Since I felt so sick -- really that was the problem. I think the SI exercise is irritating the neck. grr.

Linda R-- does traction help you much? I have a traction machine from PT and I used a week ago or 2 and I prob should have been using it all along cuz my neck is horrible. I need to get new pillows too--but I am leaning toward having it scoped getting sick of it.

Well time for Gramma to get to bed. God Bless All-- I hope the best for all your days.
Mary

ajnsmom replied to missist's response:
Congratulations, Grandma!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.