Skip to content
Saturday - March 29, 2014 *****End of March
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is damp today. We are supposed to get some showers off and on today. I guess we can use the rain but I would sure like some sunshine. My DH had a business trip and was suppose to get back around 7 last night, after sitting in airports all day, he ended up getting back around 10:30....I was not a happy camper since I had to go this late to the airport to pick him up. I do not like driving and certainly not so late at night. I know he was tired though sitting in airports all day. How boring can that be. I don't understand why there was not better choices. It seemed that the company did not want him to take a direct flight (I guess they are a little more expensive) so they send people around their elbow to get to their thumb. It is what it is though and I can not do anything about it. I am sure glad he no longer travels much.

I did have a nice dinner last night with my older son and his friend and my GD as well. She was excited as she gets to stay all next week - it is her spring break. I think she lives for time to spend with our family. She is enjoying every minute of it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. This is a good group to learn more about what others have found that has made a difference in coping with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found what works for you. It does take time and effort to find the right combination of *tools* that will make a difference. So continue to try different things until you find what works. It normally takes a *combination of tools* that will make a difference. Learn all you can about FM.....as I think most of us, FMers, have found that the more we know the better we get along with the illness that we have been stuck with.

Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* where you will find some good *tools* to try.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this. It is important to a lot of people these days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi, things are a little better here this am. I was able to get all of the work done on my Jeep to prepare for the 3200 mile trip it will take next weekend. My cousin and brother were a big help.

My back is not good at all, but better than it was yesterday. I bought some Aleve and it is helping. I used to take it for my knees but have not for some time. It does make it easier to get around.

The snowstorm coming is still uncertain, but it looks like a good sized mess is headed our way. I hope it is too warm and we get rain instead. We will see what happens.

I hope you all have a great pain free day. Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Nasty day ahead for us. Rain turning to a mix this evening. We're still going to Olean (34 miles) to take our younger son to dinner at his favorite restaurant.

Have been feeling cruddy for the past week or so. Hopefully things will get better soon. Light headed along with the fibro pain in all the usual places and alternating sweats and chills--but no fever, no sore throat, no cough or other obvious cause.

None of the above affected my pre-surgery checkup. I'm good to go for the right side RF ablation. I won't miss those nerves while they are gone. They've been screaming "PAIN" too long.

Hope you all have a pain-free weekend and a great week.

Bette

booch007 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Oh GOOD MORNING on Sat for Sunday.

Again I beat the post of Mimi.....First Mimi I loved that saying of going around the elbow to get to the thumb. That is my life with DH....I don't know if it is a Gemini trait but we do projects so different. He seems to take the long way each time.......

Hope your DH landed safe and the night was long and restful for you. Still love hearing the GD stories as I know how hard you fought for that!

Cory: ? Back hurting....is the bathroom done? I only get on here on the weekend so i miss the saga build. " This is my house.(bathroom)." where are you at?

Bette, thank God I am lower in NY,I just heard and felt rain...but the body responds to everything and anything.

Barometers we become! I needed to food shop and do laundry in the same day..planted me on the couch with the heating pad. But I did alot of stuff yesterday. I have the girls (GC) today. Their Mimi has had OHS a Mitral Commisurotomy and they think a small stroke after. She is at NYU and the family is tense. So I have the kids and I am trying to teach and diffuse a fire......crap happens.

I have lots planned for the girls. I got them power toothbrushes that they sticker to make them their own. Including their names. So that is 1, I have a small egg hunt planed to prepare for Easter and their regular costumes, childs piano and miniture friends from disney I keep in a lock n loc container.

That was best money spent. 25 of them for 19.99 at BJ's. Priceless imaginary play with these little guys.

I picked up bunnyrabbit cookies to bake from the store too for dessert after Sunday dinner. So they have a alot to do.

I just hope as I started the day guys at 6 am for pain issues that I make the full day with them. I have work in the morning and shots. Then maybe I will make it half a day and come home and rest.

Something is different with me now and I think it is the stress of leadership. And the 5 days no rest day in the week. So many negatives thrown at you and it does tense your muscles. When I was only in charge of me it was one thing and I was happy. Looking outside my box and monitoring and teaching others makes for nerves...and frustration. I have no control over most but some things are my responsibilty in the end...so the buck stops here. I look for perfection but better is what I will take and we are getting better. Alot of crap.....alot of drama...* more than ever compared to the ICU staff of nurses I had leadership over.

Still in the newbie state and getting my feet wet. It is gonna be what it will be.

I did get the meds approved for my muscles with alot of writing and variance applications. Hope it stays. This is my mix, it gives me the ability to do what I do. Why would you even think of taking it away or changing it! Stupid...so stupid.

OK, off to the house and ironing before the girls.

Good day to all who are around today and all the Fmily really.
Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.