Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Red light therapy
    An_256398 posted:
    Hello all,

Trying to get feedback on red light therapy for fibromyalgia - has anyone tried it?

booch007 responded:
    OK...what is it? Is it a ulrasound machine? An UV light to help break up congestion? Is it a laser?

I have never heard of it. So many things that are out there are just money makers for the MD's to bill for, or have youpay for and they are nonsense. Find out exactly what this RED LIGHT does.

It just may be a RED FLAG...that wastes oyur money.

hugs, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
    Hello....MiMi in NC. I had not heard of red light therapy either. But I was able to read some things about it on the internet. So I have to ask have you tried it or are you just looking into what results people have had with it? Is it something that just might help people with FM?

I do know that I had some ultra sound therapy on my feet and my hands...(I have had 7 hand surgeries). And I do know that this helped with the pain.

I hope that others will see this and chime in about it if they know anything or anyone about it or has tried it.

Let us know more, if you can.

Take care.

MiMi
    IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.