Skip to content
Monday. Monday.....3/31/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Early Monday Morning to each of you. Yes, indeed....being up around 3 am is not a good thing. I have been awake for over an hour now and decided to go ahead and post. Today will indeed be a very long day for me. It should be a law that people should NOT wake up this early in the morning. As some of you know I am NOT a morning person. I often wonder how I managed in life this far. I use to be able to get normal sleep and enough of it....but life is different now. I no longer have a schedule to meet every day and I have plenty of time now to sleep but sleep does not come easy for me.

Well, I do hope everyone here is resting.....as I should be as well. But that is not going to happen for a while. I know that I will indeed have to have a nap some time during the day. The mind and the body will force me to take one, whether I like it or not. I guess it is a good thing that I do not have to keep my GS this week. I miss him already. He took his first long distance trip yesterday. I hope he makes a good traveler.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find some good *tools* that will help you improve the way you feel. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination* that will work for you. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we figure this out. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D. Ask your doctor to check this as well. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day. I hope there is sunshine present for your Monday......as it is spring time now. The warmer weather must be hiding still.....but we all know that it will soon appear.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good last Monday of March to all.

MiMi I am so sorry that you woke up so darn early. I wish you had been able to sleep thru the night. I do hope that you are able to catch a nap sometime during the day and recoup.

It's a lovely day here. Spring like all over the place. The sun is out, it's gonna be in the 70's and it really feels like winter is gone now. I sure hope so. I am beyond done with it.

Went to DD's house yesterday and watched as she and her DH were planting flowers and grass plants around their driveway. Always a good sign of spring when people are out planting and mowing. Yay

DH and I are also getting our yard and house ready for the warm months that are ahead. The heaters are now up in the closet(s) and the comforters are off the beds, washed and packed away until next Fall. DH will be putting in the window AC for the TV room at some point this week and we'll be making sure the windows are all ready to open ( we winterize them ) as the next few weeks become nice enough to have them open and have the breeze come thru the house.

We already have the porch ready and the back porch is next. We will bring out the lawn chairs and wind chimes at some point today. We have to move the dog's house from it's protected winter shelter out to the back porch where he will have shade from the warmer days coming, which I hope is very, very soon.

Hard to believe that it's almost Easter. I talked to DD's yesterday about what each had planned for Easter Sunday. Consensus is we each attend our own Easter Sunday service and meet up in the afternoon for a late lunch and Easter egg hunt, etc. Sounds like a good plan. I will, as always, bring the cake, pie and sweets. So no real cooking for me.

And as for the fibro: I am feeling much better, always do when I begin to feel spring's warmth and sunshine. And like I do each year, I will begin to back off the Gabapentin, that I just went back on last weekend, I do this because I usually don't need it during the warm sunny months, don't have the bone pain or aches, so don't take what I don't need.

Sadly the Lyrica, although a great pain killer, had just one to many side effects for me. After one week I hardly had any balance and feeling dopey, gosh I couldn't remember my own name there after a few days on it. Glad to be off it and although I hate the Gabapentin it doesn't bother me in any way other than a weight gain. But I get to get off it now until October, so yay that.

Since I find myself off post here more days than on I miss so much of what most of you are saying and doing, Please forgive me if I don't mention you or what you've been posting about. I am going to try to stop by daily now that the lap top is working so well. You all mean so very much to me.

Okay, gotta get this day going.. My very best to all...
HAVE A GREAT DAY.. A FIBRO ISSUE AND PAIN FREE DAY...
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday everyone!

COLD again in southeastern New England, hovering in the low to mid 30s. I went to my parents' accountant this morning, so that chore is done. On the way there and home I saw rain, sleet, and snow.

No new news about my mold. Someone from the insurance company is supposed to call, and I'm not holding my breath! If this works, the private adjuster is earning his fee!

Mimi, I think there's little worse than waking too early. It's one thing if you know you have to get up at some ungodly hour, but waking before you're rested - UGH! I'm not a morning person either, but I'm living in a 9-to-5 world. Again - UGH! I hope you can take a nap or two before dinnertime!

Linda, I started think ing about flowers this weekend. A store in town is selling roll out plants - I think it's a grass with dirt that has seeds embedded. I might try it, I could use a little spring! My snowdrops appeared a little late, but I can see crocuses on the other side of the muddy backyard, and there are tulip leaves outside my office window.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening. We are getting a big storm here in MN that I hope does not reach you as it goes east. The northern most parts are getting more than a foot of snow! Luckily, here we dodged that and have rain and wind, some freezing later to watch for. I have seen enough for one season.

I am counting the minutes now until I go. Work was ok today with just 2 more days to go. It looks like it will be in the mid 60's up to 80 degrees for the week in Utah. I can live with that!

I am doing ok and hoping the back holds out. It has not healed yet. I am thankful that my Jeep is actually surprisingly comfortable, so the trip should not hurt much. I set it up this way so I can enjoy the hobby.

Mimi, sorry you were up so early, I hope you got your nap in.

Linda, soon I will be able to feel what spring is for a week. Hopefully when I get back it will be spring here as well. I doubt my AC's will go in until late June-early July.

To all have a good night and take care.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello on Tuesday on the Monday post!

I took off the next couple of days for so many reasons....so glad today is SPRING weather here in muddle NY! 50-60 next 3 days! Rain coming in the end....those april showers that bring May Flowers!!

Mimi I wish we had a trick to return to sleep when somethng wakes us. Hope your day got better and you got a nap!
Kat: That was a storm....I think L.I got the worst with 5 inches of snow again!
Cory: Yes your storm is our next...but is to be rain when it gets here...I feel for you (always) Minnesota living is tough stuff.
How is that bathroom??? done yet?

I did have my shots yesterday and I was in trouble after work I left early and had to rest my head on the seat in the car. There is no HIGH place to rest the muscles after injection like I did at home.

When I got home I medicated I had already taken 600mg of motrin to no avail, then I took a soma and tramadol and added the hot pad for the neck (the one that wraps around the shoulders and up the neck...love it) I napped for 60 minutes and was in a better place tho sore as heck. It was a tough evening....BUT this a.m I got up better than I should have.

Almost like dues were paid last night! I am hopeful to do a big throw out project while home. Bags in the attic from the year before that I didn't bring down for the season....need to get rolled out of the attic and then I am giving GOODWILL a bundle. Being objective and letting go* is the plan.

I have to downsize. Last year I didn't do anything with working so much i just bought new. Now I have DOUBLE crap....so it is this year that I clear out the things I don't wear.

If I have time and energy I will do the garage next. It is a maze of things.....we just don't put thngs away right. I also have to get the gas OUT of the generator. It was out in last winters storm (2 yrs) and even with the stabilizer...it is too long. I want the gas out and we will put fresh if it needs. Sure we got the power back after I filled it!!

I plan on walking the property if I can (muddy) to look** for spring. I just NEED to see it. Some bulbs that are alive, a bud on a tree.....hear the birds songs that have changed. I'll take anything.

I had a great day Sunday with the girls, dressed as princesses from the costume trunk and then baking cookies with rabbits in them....watching movies and playing. great time. My DIL's mother had Open Heart Surgery. Not bypass...actual open heart where they repaired the Mitral Valve. It is called a Mitral Commisurotomy, well she had a stroke after. She cannot move her right arm and leg. It is common for this to be from a peice of Calcium that was in the aorta (in the elderly). It resolves and with a little PT she will be better.

This is why I had the kids. Her Mom is doing better and it is turning out to be OK. Arm moves already and with PT she will get it all back. Scary for the family, they depend on her so much. The way I am now with work and my body...I am not a good fall guy. I am so limited. .

So that is my story today. Hope the Tuesday goes well for all. get out your tools and crap, punch our dragon in the eye if you have to to get him to back up a bit!! Send him to your neighbors house (the one you DON'T like! LOL)

Take care, NancyB

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.