Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****4/6/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Early, early Morning to each of you. MiMi in NC....and I have been up now for about an hour. Could not go back to sleep so I decided to post. I am having sleep issues again. WOW...it seems like this is a never ending story for me. I hope each of you had a good week-end and I hope today we will all have a good day, with little to no pain. As for me....I am sure I will be taking a nap sometimes today. It is not a good thing when the mind and the body does not get enough rest.

I am so thankful that NC is finally having some nice weather. We passed the park yesterday and it was full....people are out and about enjoying the sun. I sure hope we continue with lots of spring time weather for a while. I am indeed dreading the hot, hot weather. Sure hope is does not get as hot as it got cold this winter. That will not be a good thing either. It is always something to deal with.

I am having major issues with my allergies as well. Went yesterday to get some of the D medicine to see if it will work. I have not found anything that has made a big difference yet. There are times when I can not even focus. Just another issue to deal with. My eye water and itch a lot. It has been reported that this year will be one of the worse ones that NC has ever had for people who have allergies. My neighbor is also having issues too.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. Dealing with the wrath of the dragon creates a challenge for us FMers daily. But there are tools that will help a person cope better, you just have to figure out what your body needs in order to do so. I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D....this is my favorite tip to share. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I continue to read where researchers are still finding out new things about Vitamin D. It seems to be a changing and challenging study for some of them and the info is sometimes conflicting. But I guess this will continue until someone figures out all of the *ins and outs* of it and just how it can really help and hinder people.

I also continue to read about all of the different chemicals that we are exposed to and just do not realize it. It is sad that we really no longer know just what we eat, unless, of course, you are fortunate to grow your own food. I think this is the only way a person can be assured of what they eat these days. I also read that all sorts of nuts are good for people.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Sunday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good Morning to you Mimi and the Fmily,

I am back to me! I splept better Friday night and then the projects I did Saturday helped work the muscles out better. Now pacing and the neck heating pad (QVC) was part of this. Instead of sleeping at 3pm I went to the deli and had a cup of tea and watched the crowd, opened mail and got my mind in a different place. Tempted to get a masssage but held back $$ for one, but I was afraid she might take the muscle somewhere else and I have been off for a while now.

I haven't been able to turn my head to the right! You know what that looks like? Not Good....But I am back!

Maybe a switch in my head was pulled.....we have a wedding in a month or so and I am going to house a guest from Austrailia. My choices were Italy, Italy, a couple(2) from NJ or this younger one from Austrailia. Well I always would choose Austrailia so I can talk to them. But I don't care about the little dust bunnies I may have with this one. But it got me motivated to finish the spring change out and fixing up the things lagging in the house.

Maybe that is what brightened my body? There is alot to accomplish all I need is the weather (22*) right now! No spring here......they** said it was going to be beautiful this weekend. N O T.

The wind yesterday was awful and it was so 'chill to the bone' cold. I AM DONE!!! Spring has to be here...has to come sooner than not, right. Has the earth changed...is NY the old Canada? Has the Polar cap moved down and swallowed us??

I am wondering if making a garden is even worth it as the season will be short. You never put anything out til May first, and you also still risk a frost issue........but man you can't even envision at this point.

Mimi, I hope you get some rest today. Hate when the inner clock is messed up!

Cece, I read Dad has got a sodium problem? That is something to experience. In hyponatremia the brain swells and early on they feel like they have the flu...then confusion sets in. I have only given saline IV and Gatorade...held back on diuretics (water pills) as they were usually the cause, that and a low salt diet. Salt pills can get elders into heart failure. Careful with him. Hope he is not been given too many.
Increasing dietary salt and the gatorade is often the gentlest fix. Good luck. You are our HONORARY NURSE here!! So great a daughter and caregiver. (wish to have the icon with the smiley with hearts as eyes!)

Bette, Here's hoping you are feeling well. That all your efforts have paid off and youare feeling better. This crap is tough.

JR, you are right, there are many who take their meds responsibly and never advance to a problem. I think too it is a person looking for a complete pain free state. It can't happen.
I am glad to hear you have mastered your tools and are doing well with this. Having a support system in your doc and famliy is a big part of that. Accepting the change we have to make is another. I can't imagine what she is dealing with right now. Meds not there...baby gone...career gone....OMG. Whata story.

OK all have a better day today. Get your boxing gloves on and go for it! Take any crumb you can get......it's Sunday, the day of rest. The day of Family and a big dinner....(Ozzie and harriet! or June Cleavers house.....My three son's....Lassie, (the kitchen and mother in)......Hmmm I am right there.)

See how we were programmed as kids to do all the housework? We had the laundry and the kids, the finance, CEO of problems, interor decorator, chef supreme and nutritious too....we had no chance. No one was working full time and maybe more than the husband in hours and still doing all the chores needed to run a house. Those women I think didn't drive in those shows either. Running to all the games and sport events. We had a busy life....now crash and burn and we REST. We earned the rest we take.....but I wish I could say we didn't earn the mess we are in.

Crap...ending on a low note. I ran out of charechters 7 left this it.
Hugs, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMi, Nancy and to all that follow. I hope that today will be a good one for each of you and that you will not have fibro issues or pain to deal with.

It's a lovely day here, 60 something, as it was yesterday. Not really spring warm, but nice. Very spring like everywhere else tho.. The lawn trackers were busy mowing lawns around the neighborhood, as was ours. DH got his flower beds cleared, weed killer on the lawns and food for the Azaleas. And the day stayed nice so he and I kept finding things out of doors to putter around with. I had forgotten about the beautiful wind chime my DD and family bought me last Christmas so when DH found it and we put it up is just made me forget the terrible cold and gray of winter. Nice to feel that winter's cold and ice is behind us.

MiMi, sorry that your rose to early this a.m. I know it bothers you no end when that happens. Your GD sounds so very settled in and very, very happy. What a difference one year makes. And you sound so happy now in your posts. All the troubles and worries left in 2013. I am so happy for you and your family.

Nancy, so sorry to hear that your neck is bothering you when your turn it to the right. I have had that happen so often to me and, for me, it was because of the Peripheral Neuropathy across my shoulders and neck. When I would turn my neck it, at times, would trigger a migraine and so I went looking for the answer.. PN was what it was and now I deal with neck traction, back adjustments meds, lotions and potions. But again, that's me. I do hope that you begin to feel better quickly.
Having a guest from Australia sounds like it will be very fun for you. Dust bunnies.. who ever notices them.

Angelswife, if you are checking posts here today I hope your yard sale this weekend went well and that you sold EVERYTHING.

cece, I hope the salt pills keep making your father feel and sound better. I've heard good things and some bad about them. You gotta be careful with them is what I've been told... so I hope the doctor has just the right dose going for him and that he is able to continue to use them as needed and get and feel better.

As for me as I said a we had a busy day yesterday. Didn't attend any of the Mule Day events going on around town instead we went to DD's house to plant a Birthday tree then onto church service with them. A nice day over all. Didn't wake up early and didn't have any pain so much have paced myself well yesterday. I don't get luck and do that to often.

DH is fishing so I have the morning to myself. I do hope he catches a few good size fish.. he comes home so happy when he does. He fishes off the Nashville Dam and they stocked it again last month because it was still cold enough for the trout. So hopefully it won't be all fished out and there will be a few left for him.

I hope DH will take me to the FRIST Museum today. It's a free day for those with a BofA accounts.. we do .. so I'd like to check out some of their new exhibits. I have missed so many good ones over the years that this months I'd really like to go and the food trucks will be out today so a nice afternoon with DH in Nashville, good food and a really nice sunny day sounds like my cup of tea. Hope it works out.

Speaking of foods since the city was awash with foods venders and restaurants having meal deals DH went to a newer restaurant that serves New Orleans food, not the one we ate at last week, but one in town and he order 1 lb of boiled crawfish ( crawfish boil ) and for 10 dollars not a bad deal but not a great meal either. The one thing we did for Mule Days and it was a disappointment. Did see some of the Mule Parade. lots of old time buggies drawn by teams of mules. Very pretty some of them. Had school bands and drill teams.. nice.

Okay, best wishes to all. Hope that your day is a good one.
Gentle hugs, L

missist responded:
Good Morning Folks! I have been off sick all week. Though it was flu but ended up in doctors office eventually and this is all looking like somethig else now so waiting on a ctscan and gastro apt.

I'm a bit better but def. not over it. have issues with lower abdomen, mouth and eyes--my mouth seems ok now I've been gargling with a lidocaine thing. My eyes are inflamed I guess? they are always red and sore but not pink eye so no junk.

My DIL had emergency surgery on the other side of the country. She had retained placenta and some odd artery due to old c-section scars so after little Lucy was born it got hung up there and she hemmorhaged lost a lot of blood and they say it will take 1-3 mos to build it back up. She is to rest and not even hold the the poor little babe who isn't even 6 pounds. Thankfully my son was able to get sweety used to a bottle while my Mommy was in hosp. She is home now. Her sister is coming to care for her. Wish I could. I'm hoping we can go there in June.

Weather here is amazing--well today its cool and gonna rain. I slept much of the week. Hubby came home to work so he could care for me. He left today. So quiet in the house. I did some work out on my deck garden when I was feeling better.

I have only begun to read all above! So will say quick--

MIMI--- I sure hope you can sleep soon--and try
'cetrizine' for allergy. I just take one at night and it works. Also fluticasone nasal spray (rx)

Nancy-- wow I love Aussies! Also--- in Wisconsin I could not put my garden all the way in til June 1st and it was just fine. Just Do it!!

Linda-- 'here here! Cheers to winter's end!' And azaleas.

We are in dogwood season-- there is NOTHING ON EARTH as eye catching as Dogwood's in bloom. We also have Crappie's biting off the dock-- my GD caught a few big ones yesterday she was so proud.

Mary

Cece-- hope things get straightened with your dad.

rudyandirmouse replied to missist's response:
Mary, so sorry to hear that you have been sick all week and still under the weather with it,

I know there is a stomach bug going around here and last night at church service, as much as I hated to do it, I passed around my hand sanitizer for my family to use after greeting others at service. I really felt bad doing it, but would hate getting a flu bug worse.

DO FEEL BETTER QUICKLY AND I GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO GET YOUR GARDEN IN NOW WITH THE WEATHER TURNING SPRING.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Morning...

Well...back to the salt pill story...I do believe I was right and the salt pills were making dad sick...that long name that Nancy said..hypo...etc..exactly..dad was having these headaches and not feeling good..confused..and I swore it was the salt pills. The caregiver called the doc who swore it could NOT be the pills..but I told caregiver not to give them to him, and lets see. He was so bad, we didn't dare leave him alone at night..so paid a caregiver to spend Friday and Sat. night. Caregiver had given him pill on Friday, before I called..and Friday night was one of more confusion...Sat. no salt pill..and had a bit of a problem in the night with bathroom business..but less confusion...and by the time he got dressed this morning...he was his normal self...best we had seen in awhile...so thanks Nancy, for the info...so glad I said to stop it...now we will have to see how he does for the next few days..I swear those salt pills nearly killed him.

We went to breakfast...but the place was having some real problems....they didn't get our order..had to reorder..and it took over an hour to get the breakfast..it was good when it came, but what a pain..and it was the same for everyone there..apparently the orders didn't make it to the kitchen..and no one got to asking..."don't we have any orders?" or the waiters saying..."where are my orders?"...anyway, they did comp our breakfast..and the food was good when it finally got there...but we missed church because it took too long to get the breakfast..oh well...at least we are well fed physically if not spiritually !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....so glad that you decided to *stop the salt pills*...as I think you proved, doctors do NOT always know best. It is sad as I think most people *think* that when they go to the doctor they are going to get better. But as I think we all know no one is the same....and what helps one person may or may not help another...and actually just might make matters worse.

I do hope your dad will continue to recover from this. And it is good that you are monitoring the situation closely. I also hope you are feeling ok as well. Remember that you have to take care of you. I know just how stressful things can be when you are being a caregiver. It is easy to get caught up in things and forget to pace like we should.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to dollbug's response:
Cece, OMGoodness. I am so sorry those salt pills put your dad in such a bad place. Glad you said to stop them.
I hope your dad continues to get better now that he's off them.
Gently hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.