Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Minday, Monday ******April 7, 2014 ***Rain and cool
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is raining and cool. Not a good way to start the week. They say tomorrow will be better. I edo hope so. Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end and got some much needed rest. I was sleeping good when a fire truck came by and woke me up too early. It seems like it is always something with me and sleeping.

My GS got back and I sure missed him. He just smiled when he saw me. He is such a sweet baby. Today instead of rocking him I laid him down and he put himself to sleep. A good thing. He fussed just a few seconds and closed his eyes. This is a good thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time to find the right combination of *tools* so hang in there and continue to learn all you can about what others do that has made a difference for them.

Vitamin D. Again I want to include this....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Be sure and ask the doctor to check this for you....as it is not included yet in the normal blood work that they do.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more can make a difference for some people. Learning how to listen to your body and rest when you need to is also a good thing. Dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM does challenge most of us every day. We have ups and downs and have to figure out how to balance our lives.

It is very hard in the beginning but as you learn more about how to deal with FM you will find ways that will make it better for you to deal every day with it. Taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well is how I have managed. Using a heating pad helps ease my pain. Getting enough sleep and keeping a schedule of sorts also helps me. Trying not to stress is a good thing also, but this too can be a hard issue to deal with.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope the weather is better where you are today.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
Oops.....sorry about the Boo Boo on the Monday, Monday. I guess I was still tired when I started it this morning.
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hi All:
Sorry it's late when I got here, it's been a long day. Cool out, but nothing a sweatshirt won't ward off. I have a meeting tonight, so I'll take my jacket.

The guys come to remove the asbestos tomorrow. DH and I are anticipating we'll be living in a motel for awhile. The dog will be at the vet's office for the day, and I think she'll spend a couple days before we can get settled. DH said I should start icing out a new kitchen, I told him that had been done a long time ago!

All this is making me very anxious, and I'll be seeing my counsellor Wed morning. I'm doing what she's told me, to use visualization, decide whether I can control the situation or not, and use meditation to relax. If it was over it would be SO much easier!

We got to see my MIL yesterday. We hadn't seen her since her mild stroke a month ago, and DH brought her some candy from his trip to Israel. She looked and sounded good. I know its inevitable, but I'm hoping she's with us for a good long time, or it might kill me. *can't control it*

Heading to a meeting now, and I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Mimi-- sorry you are still having sleep issues. Praying for you.
Lou-- also praying for your MIL and your environmental issues at the house. What a pain!

On to me ish.
I'm still dealing with some intestinal 'issues' and with sore red eyes--I guess they are inflamed the eye drops are useless just got some RX drops to try.

I see Gastro thurs. Ins. rejected the ct scan--fine.
Got a new rx for cholestoeral ins. won't pay.. grrr. I'm not taking a $160 RX!!!!! no.

So I'm looking much more seriously at diet. no more butter even if I am from Wisconsin--breaks my heart.

Anyhow I don't think there is anything sticking to me as it is right now. LOL.

this was def. not flu-- (is not flu?)

My primary suggested diverticulitis which is possible--but it is common in my family and my symptoms are not quite the same--most have had pretty significant pain.

I'm learning more towards crohns. also common in my family and my symptoms--including eyes-- match my neice who is the one I asked.

That's prob the worser diagnose--maybe either one can end up with surgery eventually. But Crohns comes with a gift pack. LOL.

I really need more of this kind of chronic junk.

I am hoping it is a fluke and nothing will show on tests and it will go away.

We shall see.

Bright spots in my rainy day-- was finally up to watching grands today. We had a nice morning they did some pretty coloring for me. (for an almost 2 and a 3y/o. one is learning to write her name and the other has learned to use crayons not eat them.

I have hummingbirds!!! and today they found my feeder.

Spring!
God Bless All!
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon...actually the Minday Monday brought a smile..sounded so sing song...I think I will start calling Mondays "Minday Mondays !"

I am on Spring Break this week, so DH and I decided to go out to the Wild Animal Park (now called Safari Park)...to see the new Butterfly exhibit. Oh it was wonderful..a place full of butterflies, expecially the Blue Morpho...so amazing. I was hoping to see a Monarch..but didn't see that one..but oh...I just wasn't up for the walking today..don't know why..It was hotter that heck up there..but don't know if that was it or just one of those days..

Well, we stopped giving dad the salt pills and within 12 hours he was better, and within 24 hours I would say he was back to normal. Didn't need a caregiver at night..and the confusion was gone...and today's caregiver said that they went and did the grocery shopping and dad was fine...back to normal...amazing...like Mimi said..be careful about what the doctors say is ok to take !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.