Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ******4/8/2014******
dollbug posted:
Early Morning to each of you. MiMi in NC and I have now been up for about an hour. Have no idea why I woke up this morning. No phone rung, no dogs barked, no firetruck came through....but I am awake. It should be a law against people waking up so early. HaHa.....I guess I am really lucky it isn't though. I would be in deep trouble for sure. I get in enough trouble as it is. Sure don't need any more.

Well, I hope each of you are resting peacefully and soundly. It is really very quiet here. And then I hear the motor of a freezer which came on. Nope, it did not wake me up as I am in a different part of the house when I sleep. I have no idea why I am up. Yesterday it was the fire truck. I don't know what happened this morning. No idea.

Well, yesterday was a fun day with my GS. He was gone for over a week and he decided that nothing I did pleased him. We got off to a good start and it went downhill from there. He took 2 very little naps and then he turned into a fuss box. Yesterday afternoon he had to go to the doctor to get his shots...so I am sure he will be in a good mood later this morning. He is now trying to get up when he lays down. He thinks he can do this and I am sure he will soon. He is a strong little fellow. We bounced from the activity table to the swing and then I got his little seat he normally likes to sit in for a while. Nothing worked. We played games and I sang the ABC song to him. He would laugh and smile and then he would cry....almost at the same time. I have to wonder what is going on with him. It is funny that he is so very different from his big brother.

OK....so that was my day yesterday.....I am sure we will have some fun today as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure you will soon find something that will help you cope better. There is a lot of info here on this site that new members can explore.....Dr. P use to be here and his discussions can be found under *tips* and *resources*....just scroll and find Dr. P. We sure do miss him. He has FM as well and understands exactly what we FMers face each and every day.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this....also do your own research about Vitamin D and find out just how important low Vitamin D can be to some people.....I do know from my own personal experience that low Vitamin D can certainly cause additional pain. I think we all know and understand that none of us, FMers, need any more pain to deal with. This is a cheap fix as well. But it just might take a while for you to get your level back within the *normal level* and keep it there. There must be something that prevents these people from keeping our levels where it needs to be. What? I have no idea.

New members should also learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is extremely important. Hard to do sometimes and hard to remember something but it just might make a BIG difference in your pain level. Once we have met up with the wrath of the dragon, we become different people. We have to rearrange our entire life to adjust to what is going on with us. This takes a while and then we have to continue each and every day. It is a challenge for most of us as we never know from day to day and sometimes hour to hour what might happen. Well, at least our lives are never *boring*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It is now almost 4 am and I am still very tired. My recliner is calling me.

Have a good day. I do hope there will be some sunshine in NC today.....as we had none yesterday. OMG...maybe that is why my GS was not happy too.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi-- also up too early here in SC. I have been up since 4 too.

I guess I don't have much else to say. LOL just wish I could sleep.
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
hope you got some rest Mimi..

your story reminds me once of the time my middle son was a baby...and I tried everything...rocking, singing, putting him in a rocker, and he was getting more and more upset, and I finally thought.."I don't know what else to do with you, so I am putting you in your bed for five min. and taking a break."....and as soon as I put him in his bed, he settled right down...I swear he was saying..."Thank you, I have been trying to tell you for an hour to put me down." !!! You just never know !

Had a nice day yesterday, visiting the Butterfly exhibit at the Wild Animal Park...and today we went to Smashburger and tried the Salted Carmel Milkshake. It was listed in the paper as one of the 25 best deserts in San Diego...and it was good. DH and I split it, so hopefully not TOOOOOO many calories..I didn't ask !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Boy, MiMi, does that grandson of yours bring back memories. Our older boy came home from the hospital, woke up the first night for his 2 a.m. feeding, then started sleeping from 10 til 6, when I had to get up anyway. The second baby was a shock. Every night he would wake up at 1 a.m., and I would do the whole diaper, nurse, and burp thing. He stopped crying long enough to eat, but it was continuous otherwise until 5 a.m.

He was about 9 months old, when my FIL made the boys a rocking duck. One night, delerious with exhaustion, I sat my little guy on the duck and put his little hands on the grab bars.
He rocked franticly for about 20 minutes with me sitting along-side and bracing him. Then he fell gloriously asleep. I put him in his crib, and he slept through the night.

We did this duck rock for 3 1/2 months. Then one night he slept through without a peep. The duck was a daytime favorite for both boys through preschool years and retired with plenty of wear on its seat and handles.

Babies can't tell us what they need. All they can do is cry. (They do that quite well)

I had the left side RF Ablation yesterday. This time they used the I.V. fentanyl before the first injection. I remember getting positioned on the pillows. I remember sitting up in recovery with a glass of juice in one hand and a graham cracker in the other. Nothing in between. And I can stand for more than 5 minutes with no pain! Lets hope the nerves take a long time to grow back.

I'm still a little sleepy/groggy more than 24 hours later, so I think I'll say goodbye for now.

Towards better days for all of us,

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.