Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****4/10/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is suppose to be a nice day again. I am enjoying this spring time weather. Although it has been a bit cool, it is nice to have this kind of weather to enjoy.

So much going on around the country and around the world. It is sad when things happen that can change people's lives forever. A person never knows when something can take place that they had no control over. I think about all of what I have been *blessed or cursed* with and I know that it could be worse than what it is. I am thankful each day that I have had a good life overall, It has been tough at times but then it could have been tougher still. We never know from day to day what might happen. We just have to continue to move forward and do the best we can with what we have. It helps to keep a positive attitude no matter what goes on. Sometimes I think this is the only way a lot of us can survive.

I was watching *Katie* this week and was surprised to learn that there are 20% of kindergarteners who are labeled *bullies*. The professional speaking about this said that this kind of behavior begins at home. I then read that 40% of all babies born never form a *bond* with either parent. How sad is this? I think both of these issues stem from children being raised in a single parent environment and not getting the attention that children need. It seems like *family life* as I think should be is no longer in the majority of people's lives these days. Perhaps this is why our families are *shrinking so*. Sad to think about this.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* as well I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. You never know what might help reduce your pain level until you try different things to see if indeed it might help.

Learning what other FMers have found might also help you as well. We do have to remember though that what works for one person may or may not help another. We are all different. It normally does take a *combination of tools* though that will make a difference.

Most of the things that are discussed here you will NOT find out from a doctor. We are here to support and help those who are seeking to find something that will help them cope better. There are no quick fixes and no magic pills and the wrath of the dragon is a chronic illness...with no cure. I know that sometimes I will see something that indicates there is indeed a *cure* for FM. Don't be fooled by what someone might tell you. You can find ways to *manage it* but it will continue to be a part of our lives.....until the medical researchers perhaps finds a cure. I doubt that this will be in my lifetime. We can all continue to hope though.

Vitamin D. Be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked. This is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping each of you can enjoy some sunshine today. Remember also to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all to follow! Spring is Glorious in South Carolina. Wish it were much longer... I know Heat comes in about a month probably--sometimes sooner.

I am doing almost all of my gardening just on my little side deck--it is like a balcony garden. Much easier for me. I cannot dig in my clay dirt--can't even get the shovel in. But I have a solution for that too--I am landscaping just around my driveway this year. I have my hubby or my son in law dig holes for shrubs so I can take care of planting them then and watering.

My kids are taking out my old garden back at our rental--they want grass there--fine. They are slowly bringing my plants here. Yesterday my SIL brought over a rose bush and another shrub--I am not sure what it is--can't remember but it will come to me. Today I babysit so he is going to come early and dig me holes for those.

I have the kids at the garden center load my jeep for me and my sil or hubby unload it. So I have learned to get help finally.

I bought the most awesome little gardening aid--that is fantastic in the house too. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RYPZQ8/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can sit on it, or flip it over and kneel on it--and use the 'legs' as 'railings' to help you stand up again.

I've used it in my house many times already when I need to be on the floor. I will also use it for planting perennials around my driveway and in the little bed near my porch downstairs.

I can't dig so I am just putting more soil ON TOP OF my clay. I will garden on top of it. That's my plan. not with the shrubs or trees--just the smaller things. I have 3 areas picked up that need that. And my kids will be bringing me all my plants so that will help.

The house here needs total landscape makeover as we bought it with old overgrown things that were in bad places etc. It came with the most beauitiful cameillias but they are huge and sadly they planted them right in front of the house!! I mean you don't want the growing up and hiding the whole house. LOL> I tried cutting them back but it just is not the solution--we had to finally cut them down cuz digging them up will require a trip to China via shovel.

the ones we cut down last year came back! LOL. I'm sure this years batch will too--but at least they are little now--I suppose we wil have to keep doing that.

Anyhow I love spring!! (obviously) I have a month do what I'm going to this year. So I do need lots of help. After that I will water and fertilize and that will about it as it will be hot enough to melt a Mary.

When I can do no more in the dirt I will give away plants to a friend.

I am a little flared up today about the neck and shoulders. not as bad as yesterday. Plan to babysit this afternoon only so they will nap. So it should be a slow day and I hopefully can get this in control before the weekend.

Have a glorious Spring Day if you have spring--if not--it will come.
Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.