Skip to content
TGIF****Roll Call ****4/11/2015 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a nice spring like day....with lots of sunshine. I was able to sleep half way decent last night. Yep...I can tell it makes a difference. I keep my GS this morning. He is such a delight. We do all sorts of things together. I sing to him and he just laughs. He loves the ABC's song. He pays attention to everything. I asked my DS to get the stroller out soon so I can start walking with him. I think he will enjoy getting out. I know his brother did. We will also swing and blow bubbles. There is something about Bubbles that most babies love. I guess it is that they move and then disappear.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. There are no cures for the wrath of the dragon, aka FM (as we call this ugly and mean illness)...but there are *tools* that will certainly make life less. You just have to find the right combination of tools which will worth for you. You should also remember that what works for one person may or may not work for you. You have to decide what helps you.

I have found that vitamins and supplements work for me, along with using a heating pad and doing other things as well. For whatever reason heat does wonders for my body and I have discovered that putting the heating pad around my neck area helps soothe whatever pain I might have at the time, regardless of where it is. Don't quite understand this other than to know that it has something to do with the spinal area. It sure works for me.

Vitamin D. If I could only share one *tool* here ....this is it. Vitamin D is important to a lot of people these days. I often refer to D as the miracle vitamin...it is actually a hormone and not even a vitamin. The medical researchers are still making all sorts of connections to this vitamin and just how important it is.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...I am not even sure that they really know just how many *issues* it might help. I do encourage anyone who has not gotten this checked to speak to your doctor about it.

That's all. I hope each of you will have some wonderful sunshine to enjoy today. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
What a quiet Friday...

DH and I did our walk around LaJolla yesterday. The weather had been so nice, that we wore shorts and short sleeve shirts..and we forgot the one thing in San Diego, ...it can be nice inland,...and cold at the beach..and it was cold...we didn't stay too long..but it was nice to walk around...

DH just left to do his volunteer work at the thrift shop...and I have some time to relax...I need it !!! This has been one busy week.

My parents caregiver has gotten sick with vertigo....so had to take three days off. I count on her so much, that having these subs has been challenging...The first day, the sub didn't get there until 11 am..and my dad HAS to have his pill at 9 AM...so I had to run over there and get them going..I was none too pleased..and was thinking if they were in assisted living, this wouldn't happen...Then I scheduled a visit to an assisted living place...and thought how much worse that place was...basically the people were just sitting in a room..not much place to go...and I didn't want to do that, unless they got much worse..

not much else to say...back to warm weather today..I have been sitting on the porch reading...nice..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday Everyone!

Warm-ish here, I thought it was cooler than it was, and wore a jacket when I went out for lunch. It's 68 so I didn't need the scarf either! I'm so looking forward to the warm weather, we had too much cold and snow for my liking, tho' not as much as others.

It's been 6 months since Dad has been gone; it feels like it was only last month. Still so much to do, signing papers, filing reports. Mom is still going strong, she asked my sister last week, "Is that your father?" when another nursing home resident walked by. My sister said, "no, it's not," and Mom didn't ask again. Mom has Alzheimers, so you never know what she'll come up with.

I've seen a lot of new people here lately. Some are newly dx'ed, but there are a lot who have been struggling with FM for awhile. I welcome all the newcomers and hope that we're able to help with your issues, answer your questions, and make you feel welcome!

I just came in from getting some natural D. The dog needed outies and I took advantage. She's healing from her skin issues, which I think are directly related to the kitchen mold thing. The plumber comes Monday to cap the pipe at the boiler. We shouldn't need heat in the kitchen soon, so we figured we'd save $ (and time) if they just cut it and cap it. We're waiting to hear from our private adjuster, the hygienist and/or the insurance co amending what they'll cover. (Short story for the newcomers: a steam pipe broke, the ins co said they'd cover it, then changed their story.)

Still no work for me, so I'm updating my website. Gotta get back to it!

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Alive and well near Kearney Nebraska where we will spend the night. With any luck we will be home by dinner time tomorrow. I miss my little group. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
aw..Cory...we miss you too but hope you are having a fantastic time..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....so glad that you checked up to let us know you are *alive and well*...I have missed your posts. I hope you had a good time and I hope you arrive home safe tomorrow...update us on how things went when you have time.

I am sure you will need to rest and recover.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.