Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic Fatigue ****Dr. Oz. Rhodiola Rosea
dollbug posted:
Hello FMily. MiMi in NC and today on Dr. Oz his guest was Dr. Tieraona Low Dog (what a name)...and she was talking about Chronic Fatigue and what might help. Rhodiola Rosea ...she was also discussing some home remedies on different things...one of them being colds and flu...umckaloabo being a good thing to use for these infections.

She also had an exercise she showed for Chronic Fatigue and it was just breathing and stretching...(I think she said it was something that cats do) anyone interested might be able to click on 4/11/2014 and see this. Dr. Low Dog also has a book titled *Healthy at Home*. I think this would be a good book to invest in.

She spoke of Thyme Cough Syrup and a Sage Gargle, which you have to make. Quite interesting info today.
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Take the Poll

Rhodiola Rosea ***have you ever tried this to improve fatigue?
  • No
  • Yes
vote
View Poll Results

rosielou responded:
Hi Mimi,

I've been taking rhodiola for a few years and wouldn't be without it. It helps your body adapt to changing conditions and stress, it works with the adrenals. And it's also good for mood stability. It's been used in other areas of the world for a long time for things like Seasonal Affective Disorder (winter time depression.)

When I've run out and haven't refilled for a week or two I can definitely tell the difference, I start to feel draggy and worn out. You'll want to take it in the morning.

Please do try it, I hope you'll find it to be as helpful as I have.

Rose

dollbug replied to rosielou's response:
Thanks Rose.....I was hoping some one here had tried it or was taking it. I plan to give it a try. I hate the chronic fatigue that I have and I have tried so many *tools* which have not helped me at all. I am hoping that maybe this will be it.

Thanks again for the info.

MiMi

rosielou replied to dollbug's response:
I hope it works for you, about 200-250mg is what I take.

I've been using P5P at your suggestion and having good results also. The woman at the store was interested about why, when I asked for it, especially when I gave her my story. She said it would really be better than a regular B vitamin, and it is. So thanks for that tip.

Rose

dollbug replied to rosielou's response:
Hello Rose....I was wondering how much you took....I guess you were reading my mind. The doctor on Dr. Oz who was talking about this said that 200-400 mg would be ok. I want to go to the vitamin store and speak to them about this. I have found that they are very knowledgeable about vitamins and supplements and IF they do not know the answer, they know where to send you to get the answers needed.

I am glad to hear that you are having good results from the P5P. I am still quite surprised that this is still working for me. I only take 1 capsule in the morning. A couple of times I have forgotten and soon my lower back screams at me. I hope it will continue to work for you.

Did you have lower back pain as well ?

Take care.

MiMi

rosielou replied to dollbug's response:
You can take more of the rhodiola, but it can disrupt sleep so definitely don't take any after noon. I have sleep problems (yay Fibro) and am skittish of trying more than what I take now.

Yes I have some bulging disks and one ruptured disk, both cervical and lumbar. Degen disk disease. They're not as bad as I hear with some people, but definitely achy. I also have problems with my SI joints, that's my real painful area.

I have good doctors and try to keep my core strong with Pilates and walking. That helps support the weak back. Sometimes I just use the Pilates for easy muscle stretching. Instead of a heating pad I sit on one of those electric throws on a low setting. It's long enough to reach from the back of my legs to my neck, and wide enough for arms and shoulders. So much better!

Well I went off topic there, sorry about that. My mix is kind of working for me now. Meds, supplements, some exercise, heat, hobbies, that's all I have. I hope it keeps working.

dollbug responded:
melpomene, this is the post I wanted you to see. I thought I would just reply to it to bring it back up so hopefully you will read it.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.