Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday - 4/13/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC...where I woke up too early again this morning. I woke up to hearing water dripping...which is NOT a good thing at all. Seems that my DH used the toilet last night and it was left running. OMG. And we are on a well. DH has a hearing loss and I guess he did not hear this. The TV was up too loud for me to hear it before I went to sleep. Funny that I just heard about a young woman who invented a toilet without water. Not exactly something that I might want to have but who knows. I think her invention was directed more to 3rd world countries.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I hope today will be a good Sunday for us all with little to no pain.

My DD has some problems with the back deck and we went over to see what needs to be done with it. It truly needs to be replaced as there are places which are not looking too good. I guess this might be a project that we will try to help her with. It seems like it is always something to do. The good thing is that it has good support. She did say she would like to extend it a bit....which should not be a big deal. Sometimes though when we think something will be simple, it ends up being a much more complicated issue that we had planned.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. It seems like I see more people now than ever before. It is quite sad knowing that so many people are affected with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....but at least they are trying to find good information on how to cope better.

I do hope all new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and the *member toolbox* as well. It normally takes a trial and error process to find what just might make a difference so continue to learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them. We are all different though and what helps one may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found something which helps ease your pain.

For me, this is vitamins and supplements plus doing other things as well. A heating pad sure helps me. I use mine almost daily. It also helps me to stay on a schedule of sorts. Getting up the same time each day helps a bunch...but here lately has been a real issue with me. It seems like I am always waking up too early....which is NOT a good thing at all. Sleep is so important for me.....and this alone can make or break my day.

Drinking plenty of water each day and eating right is also good. Doing some gentle stretches and/or exercises also helps. I know that movement is so very important for my muscles.

Everything is a process with FM. And you never know what and when to expect other things to pop up. We, FMers, just have to take it one thing at a time and deal with what we have been *blessed or cursed* with. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also a good tool to have. This too takes time though.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope each of you can enjoy some warm sunshine today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

I have to laugh, we are walking similar paths..Mimi. I want to kill my deaf husband for the toilet, the faucet not turned off...the clock radio on low.....too low for HIM to hear it...

OH the list can go on!!

Last was the faucet....we were in bed and I could just hear a tink*, tink* going on. I got up and found it full stream running, don't think he even tried to shut it......crap. I got back to bed and smacked him'.. What gets me is that he won't get a hearing aid. He was told he needs one. WTH?

We are a well and septic and I watch both like they are my babies! It is big money when things go bad.

OK, well yesterday I DID get in the sun!! I cleaned a few flower beds and then switched to the garage while the laundry was going.....I purposely switched the muscle groups being used and "Paced" (Mimi) when I tired. It was a good day of effort.

I found the can of paint I needed for the wall in the guest room. THAT WAS BIG....found where mice had made homes for the winter and plans to THROW out all that stuff...

I saw a grouping of daffodils we have in the back of the house, WOW what a surprise! You can forget where you put things until they pop up! There is a hyacynth coming up there...I can't wait. They are my favorite! So bountiful in fragrance!

I did get overwhelmed in the amount of projects to come and washing that needs to get done again for the season. If I have 2 parties or gatherings here in the yard now, it is alot.......all this to maintain for what? Got to look into this stuff*

Either I drop most of it....or I step up and USE it more.

Another thing to think about.

OK, Happy Palm Sunday to all. We celebrate that our Saviour has arrived. Hope the day is beautiful for you. I am unusually warm and a pink cast is outside? Not sure what is making that? Hoping for another great day of sun.

Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is good to be home and to have slept in my own bed last night. I slept like a baby. Our trip went very well. We left here in snow covered roads. About 50 miles from the twin cities a car spun out in front of us and slid in the ditch. We made it past the cities and the roads were good all the way to Utah.

We did some very hard trails that I did not think we could get through. Honestly, our Jeeps are much smaller than what the trail rating recommends. We are somewhat professionals in our hobby. We have all been driving trails for 10 years or more. The scenery was amazing and the breakdowns were easy fixes. On the way home my Jeep ran a little hot, but it is 16 years old and was way overloaded. It got us home safely. In all we drove 3200 miles. It was in the mid 60's up to 80 during the week. I have the sunburn to prove it.

I slept poorly in the tent. My brother was snoring, and the geese on CO river were have big conversations at 5am each day. We were camping right on the river about 4 miles from Moab and it was beautiful. I will share pictures when I have them loaded.

The dry air makes a huge difference. I felt pretty good for being tossed around like a ragdoll for 8 hours a day on the trail, and sleeping on the ground. Once back over the MN border I could feel the chill in my bones. It was a nice break though.

Funny, my toilet needs attention here too. It keeps running and the float is sticking. I think there is rust in the line and it is filling too slowly. I will have to tinker with it today. Luckily we have city water that is now metered yet.

I came home to about 3/4 of the snow having melted already. It looks like spring here now instead of January. It is supposed to be only in the upper 30's this week though. I guess it's and improvement over a couple weeks ago though.

I have a lot to do today so I best get rolling. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good (Palm) Sunday FMily. I do hope that each and everyone of you will have a good day and one that is fibro issue and pain free.

It's eye candy spring time here. 80 something, sunshine and OMG haven't I just longed for two days in a row that are like this one and yesterday. Rain due here tomorrow I hate to say and believe me I don't like this one bit, and 33 at night on Tuesday. We'll have to bring in and cover all the tropical and ' tender ' plants, but I know that that will be the last pre hard frost night for months. And yay that.

This morning DH has mowed both lawns, weed wacked and is working on the in ground sprinklers right now. He put weed killer on the lawns and food in the plants Friday and yesterday we went up to DD's for her church's service. WE stayed at her house until after 12 as DSIL and DD and DH watched the pay for view Manny Pacio fright out of Las Vegas. I snuggled up on the couch and fell to sleep and they woke me up when it was over.

As for church I plan to go to my church for Palm Sunday service later this afternoon. I don't expect DH to tag with me, as I do with him, as he doesn't enjoy or ' gets ' the Catholic Church's Latin Mass. I completely understand. I grew up with it so it's a familiar thing to me and it reminds me of my growing up years and family members who I've lost and loved over the years and I get to remember them when I attend.

MiMi, sorry you got up so early but TG you heard the water running. It's happened to us as well when we were on septic and just to hear or find a faucet or toilet left running brought fear to my heart. So I understand. Now we are on city everything so no need to keep such a watchful eye but even having said that we have had pipes leaks from the in ground sprinklers which have lost us a ton of water and upped our water bill(s). One year after a bitterly cold winter we had a pip crack and we didn't know it and didn't see the water stain from it.. we found out when the DWP came out to find the source of our LARGE use of water for 4 months and low an behold there it was. Just out of eye sight and happily letting water leak out at a trickle. No pun intended, as I too am deaf in one ear, but I hear both you and Nancy when you talked about water left on and toilet's left running.

Nancy, so very happy that signs of spring, daffodils are popping up there. Daffodils and Winter Veronica's are the first signs of spring in my yard and I am always happy to see them coming up out of warming flower beds.
They know when winter is over and I just love to see their colors each spring.
And I too know the feeling of happiness when I find a can of paint, just the kind and color I needed for a project, just when I needed it. Happy painting.
And glad you have been able to do you out of doors and indoor things without fibro issues or pain.

Cory, we're glad your home as well! Sorry tho ' roughing ' it was really roughing it. I used to love going camping, tenting it and being ' one with nature '. Now however, give me a cabin over a tent and sleeping on hard ground any day. I still want to be ' one with nature but just now so up close and personal.
But on the high side the way you described your camping area it sounds beautiful! I'm glad you got to get away and see and enjoy it.

Not a lot to post about. Fibro and NP symptoms are still with me and I'm not happy about it, but with the meds and pacing I am getting by and enjoying the out of doors and warm temps with sunshine even with them. Always a good thing.

Will close this here with gentle hugs to all and feel well wishes to each an everyone of you.
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Linda, I wish it was 80 here, but at least I was able to visit it.

Here is one of the my favorite pictures I caught.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/coreezz75/NSW%20Moab%2014/IMG_0534_zps47a23c30.jpg

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
OMG*****Cory....I have to know...what color is your vehicle? Good views though but some of the videos.....OMG. Don't know how your body allows this.

I am glad you had a *good* time and stayed *safe*...which is really important.

Thanks for sharing.

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Mine is the black wagon. I set it up to ride very soft. I shared driving with my brother and cousin. It beat me up some but the dry warm air and adrenalin made up for it.

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Thrills and chills.....interesting.

Do you also ride roller coasters?

MiMi

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, it's gonna be a hard frost tomorrow night. So not outta the winter woods yet. -83D-E22

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.