Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****4/17/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is cold again this morning. 35* right now. It was high of 54* yesterday. I woke up last night and was cold. Had to get my other blanket out. Warmer weather will be here by the week-end though...or so they say. Seems like there is weird weather everywhere. They have said that it will hurt some of the crops that have already bloomed....I think some were apple trees.

When I kept my GS yesterday I guess we played too hard. He slept for a bit over 2 hours. (this set a record of him sleeping this long for me...he started screaming after about an hour so I went to see if I could put his pacifier back in his mouth, but he had his eyes closed and was still asleep. He never woke up but I had to pick him up to soothe him. He then continued to sleep. I guess he was really tired. I was quite surprised that he slept this long. He is such a little bundle of joy. He weighs just over 15 lbs now. We have so much fun together. He makes me smile. He is such a happy baby.

So Easter is this week-end. My GD will be with her dad. It has been 2 weeks now and she is supposed to get here at 12 on Friday. So wanted to come early. I know that this is a hard time for her. I can sense that she looks forward from when she spends the week-end with her dad to the next time she is with him. (he gets her every other week-end) She is so happy when she arrives and is in tears when she leaves.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* that will work for each of us. What works for one, may or may not work for another. We are all different....so hang in here and learn all you can from what others have found that has made a difference for them.

I have found that *vitamins and supplements, plus doing other things has helped my FM pain*....but I am still searching for a good tool for fatigue. Vitamin D....is my favorite *supplement* and I also use P5P which sure helps my lower back pain. I also think Magnesium and Fibro Response helps me with the FM pain and I take Omegas as well and a joint supplement, since I have other health issues as well. It took me a long time to find something that worked....but for the most part, it does help my FM pain. Sometimes I get sick and tired of taking them though.

Heating pad....yes, this is my best friend these days. Use it every day at least once and sometimes more.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also a good *tool* for me. It helps me not to *push* myself or *cross the fine line* when I do things. I sometimes feel as though I go in a *slow mode* most days. I use to have a very fast pace before FM took over. A big difference now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Thursday!

It's cole here too, Mimi, just 41? now. Last weekend we went out for ice cream wearing light jackets, yesterday I had to scrape the ice off the car. What the heck???

I saw the doc yesterday, and other than specific pain, I was feeling pretty good. He gave me six injections in my upped back and neck, and I was feeling pretty good for awhile. They do eventually wear off, and the pain is different today. I feel like I've over worked those areas. I'm trying gentle stretching to see if that alleviates what is now just discomfort.

Mimi, I'm glad your GD enjoys spending time with her dad - and by extension, with you. Her tears speak volumes about her relationship with her mom. My sister's GD spends equal time with her mom and my nephew. DH once said, he felt bad for her because she doesn't have a home - she's either at Mommy's house or at Daddy's house. But she's a really smart 3-year old, and we enjoy her too. We're going to my sister's for Easter.

My kitchen is still a disaster area, tho much drier now that the steam pipe has been capped. DH said the boiler hasn't needed filling since it was done. We went out to look at new cabinets (since the room will be gutted to get rid of the mld), and he has agreed with everything I've said I have to have. It could be that he agrees, but more likely he's trying to prevent me from having a meltdown. LOL! Light brown cabinets and marbly green counters!

Gonna see what I can get done today. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It was an ugly mess with about 6 or 7" of heavy wet snow this am. Some places got 19". The highway drive for the DW was iced over. Luckily, by 2:30 when work was over, half of it had melted so I had little to clean up. Warmer temps are supposed to come here as well. I will be ready.

Work was uneventful. We just had some head butting with upper management on decisions they do not understand the outcome of. It can be difficult to convey sometimes. It was one of those days I felt I have just been there far too long and need change. Someday...Tomorrow is Friday and things should be quiet. I can't wait for the weekend.

Mimi, I am glad you got to spend time with the GS, I miss when my boys were little sometimes, but at almost 40, I am not wanting another. My brother and cousin both have little ones. I will wait for grand babies.

Lou, the plan sounds nice for the kitchen. I let my wife decide as well. I tell her that she can choose because I can deal with what she likes. If I choose wrongly, I have to live with that, (and her), for the rest of my life. It's the better choice.

To all have a great evening. Take care.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
They said that the radiofrequency ablation would have aftereffects like a burning sensation. Unfortunately, that particular information was delivered back in Dec. for the right side. Since I never had any problems then, I forgot the details. Like how long this will last. It's like the feeling of a sunburn on my left "cheek." It's a heck of a lot better than the pain it removed, but it is a little bit of a pain. You notice the feel of clothing, your chair, the bed, etc. But it is still a lot better than what it replaced.

Tried something new today. Canned pumpkin and cake mixes were both on sale at the market yesterday. I got creative with 2 boxes of spice cake, some eggs, and the whole big can of pumpkin (no oil). I topped the loaf pans with brown sugar and cinnamon. Boy was this a hit. And no one (but us) knows that there is all that VEGETABLE in the cake and no extra fats. Everyone had seconds--including me.

The cat DH brought me from the abandoned farm next door last November has been a joy all through the cold weather. Now that it's nicer out, he's trying to sneak out every time the dog does. We live too close to the road for that. Every cat we've ever had has met its end that way. Not this one! Our road is only 3 miles long, and we're right in the middle. It's a narrow, country road that has only recently been paved. No, the speed demons didn't start with the tarring. The road was actually wider as a dirt track. If anything, drivers are more cautious now, but the speed limit on unposted areas is still 55 mph in NY. So we're playing, "Grab that cat!" every time the door opens. I'm getting good at the 3 yard sprint.

DH planned on the Great Spring Seed Meet being today, but it was too nice out--50's and sunny. The next rainy day, he'll get together with the others who share our own little "community" garden and compare leftover seed packets, this season's wants and needs, and our combined checkbooks. He had a shocker when he saw that sweet corn seed has doubled in price since last year. This makes it 4 X what it was 2 years ago! Remember this when you get sticker shock in the produce isle. I just hope he tests his soil before he plants. Last year's way too much lime may still be lurking to do damage to this year's plantings. How heartbreaking to see the onions and carrots disintegrating in the ground. We don't want to see that again.

DS doesn't say anything about another foray into the computer dating game. He's had 2 girl friends and a bunch of first dates in the past 16 months or so. Ms. right is probably out there, but I think it's a mistake to bring them home to meet mom and dad (us) on the first date. But that's just my take, and what do I know?

Hope you all are doing well and have a Blessed Easter,

Bette

ve

Anon_10089 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette-

I've used that recipe with chocolate cake mix. I believe I just used the mix and the pumpkin, nothing else. It's really good! My MIL showed this to me. She uses bread pans but I've used a bundt cake pan. It turns out so rich and moist that I would never use frosting, either.

I still don't love some of the junk in cake mixes but this helps. Last time I sprung for a "healthier" mix. I think it was gluten free, real sugar, etc. It turned out good too, but more expensive!

Either way, it's an easy, nutritious dessert. Even with the sugar, there's a lot of added fiber! Yum. Although I would love to be a strict health nut, I probably never will be. I think small changes like this, though can make a good difference!

--JR

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.