Skip to content
GOOD FRIDAY*****4/18/2014 *****TGIF****
dollbug posted:

Good Friday to each of you....Friday before Easter. MiMi in NC and I am so glad the sun is shining. It is cool here though. Don't know about this weather. Hopefully next week it will get better and spring will *stay* for a while. I had to turn my heat back on and I am still having issues with my allergies. DH worked out last week outside and he got stopped up as well. Neither of us has had to deal with so many problems with allergies. It is mostly my eyes that I am dealing with. DH is stopped up though.

So it is going to be a quiet week-end here for the most part. Holidays are traveling time for some of my family. I don't complain though as they live close to me and I see them almost every week some any way and almost every week-end. I hope they will have a safe trip there and back.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I think I might have pushed myself a bit yesterday. I felt as though I was going to get sick last night. I ended up going to sleep early though and I woke up around 4 am this morning....but I was able to drift back to sleep. I feel better the 2nd time I woke up which is good. Sleep is such an important tool for me. It seems like getting enough of it can make or break my day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good info here and some good tools which just might make a difference in the way you feel. You will also find FMers who truly understand what you are going through. Bring up most any topic and someone will join in and provide you with some answers.

New members should also check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and the *member toolbox* as well. There are also very good *discussions included which Dr. P had when he was here with us*. Sure do miss him and I hope he is doing well.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Some doctors are still a bit behind with Vitamin D. But we can at least make them aware that we know about Vitamin D and just how low Vitamin D might affect us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a great GOOD FRIDAY....be careful and safe if you are headed out somewhere for the holiday. Enjoy some warm sun if you have a chance....as your body will thank you. Most of all remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

When I read you picked up the baby and he slept in your arms....I thought Ohhh 15lbs....careful.

I feel it always after "loving the baby!" I was up yesterday at 3am in so much pain from a dopey choice to food shop for the holiday baking I needed to do for the deli. Head was like glass. I knew right away what happened.

Up in the recliner with meds and hot pak.....thankfully it turned around.

I wish we had a red button on us that glowed when we are passing the line again! Wouln't that be great! It would tell us to PUT IT DOWN, or STOP STRETCHING LIKE THAT...

Ha! Always thinking how to help us. Too bad it can't happen.

Today I have to walk in a mall. A trigger for me. I need an outfit for the wedding of my favorite neice and I WILL LOOK great for her. So off to Connecticut to do this. Lord and Taylor and a BIG Macy's is there and I am praying close to eachother for me to get something.

I baked all day yesterday and did well with my body. Looking into my HEAD as part of my failings. I also think I was with the girls a bit too much and they screwed up the muscles with the crazy things I get into with them. It is not all failure to respond.

I love stepping back and looking at what is happening, sometimes you really don't realise what you just did to yourself.

It was nice to see Kat on yesterdays post, don't see her too much anymore. Cory posted a great picture.....it was so warm.
I am 29* this a.m and I fear for our fig tree. DH opened it up too soon. Time will tell.

OH JOY...I am getting the raised garden I asked for. My DS#2 asked for the specs I was interested in. Last night he asked when did I need it by?...Ha! Well before seeding season I would think? But anytime would be good.

I think he is making it as my Mothers Day and Birthday gift. No problem...it is all I want or need right now. The future looks promising. Hoping to surround it with marigolds and strawberries and then that the deer leave it alone!

OK, off to the shower and get the day started.
Hugs to all......may today have sun and a be bit warmer than yesterday. We will look back and say this was good when it is 99* and we can't breathe it is so hot!!

Nancy B

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday! Hoppy Easter!

Still cool here, low 50s today, 63 tomorrow, and going to 58 Sunday. That's good, I have a nice dress picked out, and I'm thinking about wearing heels. I may regret that Monday, but you only go around once. Who was it who said, "It's better to look good than feel good"? LOL

I'm delighted to report that my private adjuster got the insurance co to cave on the mold coverage - I'm getting a new kitchen! Tuesday the ServiceMaster guy will come into scope out the situation, and I have a call in to have the floor (containing asbestos) pulled up. Under it is mold, so we'll have to be out that day. We went out to see what we want. Well, let's get real, what I want in MY kitchen. DH said he wants me to be happy. WOOHOO!

I took today "off", met my BFF for lunch, visited with Mom. It's nice to be out of the house. Tomorrow is blood donation day for my hemochromatosis (a genetic thing, my liver doesn't get rid of iron).

I saw the rheumy Wed, and he gave me injections, for the pain in my shoulders and neck. Six shots in all, they made me feel really really good. When they wore off, I felt like I had overused my muscles, but it has settled into a good feeling. Not a lot of pain, very little stiffness, I don't have full range of motion, but it's better.

I just reread what I typed. That's the order of importance to me, right? LOL

Easter is Sunday, I wish you all a good day, with beautiful flowers, happy families, and good warm weather. The daffodils in the yard have finally bloomed; I wish we could share pics. (I'll check that out - probably need a new post!)

Heres wishing you all there best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!!!!!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday..

Not much to report here today...I have been busy working..I even got to sub for a teacher on Thursday and that was so much fun..enjoyed it..

Dad called today, and was concerned he has enough money, and I told him, he did even though he had a big tax bill...and then he stated he needed to buy some things..I asked what and he said, "Well, like new patio furniture."...The caregiver cracked up...They never go outside hardly at all, and their patio furniture is fine..Dad is just a worrier and will find the oddest things to worry about...one min it will be about dying, and the next...about taking a trip..

We will be going to a lunch with mom and dad for Easter so that hopefully will be nice...as nice as it can be with a couple of nutty older people...and I do mean that in a nice way..but they are a little nutty these days.

hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a good Easter, if you are celebrating that.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Fatigue! ! !
Today was one of those days that seems to hit us every now and then--although more now that I am older. I was suddenly, irrationally fatigued. I had to force myself to get out of bed in the morning. However, since there was nothing pressing on me, I was able to have a quick run through the bathroom, grab a glass of juice and my morning meds, and jump right back in bed. Lucky me.

Looking back, I know that this feeling has always been part of me. It's not a weekly thing, or even a monthly one, but I do have days when it's like someone pulled the plug on all my power lines. I remember having them even when I was a kid. School days were never take-the-day-off-and-stay-in-bed days, but there was always at least one of these energy deficient days during Summer vacation.

Fatigue days, as I call them, would often come during some minor illness like a cold. They loved calling at "that time of the month," adding fatigue to the misery of bad cramps. I never took off work for menstrual cramps, but I did when the cramps included a fatigue day.

Of course, fibromyalgia did nothing to make this less of a problem. In a small way, every day is a fatigue day. We all experience this. But, since fibro, these infrequent bouts of allover lack of energy have been more insistent.

When my body says, "I won't do that." it means it. The few times I've tried to override the signals and act like it is a normal day have been disasters.

One time, I woke up to a fatigue day when I had to attend an inservice. (Drive 100 miles to Buffalo, attend the meetings from 8 til 5, drive 100 miles home.) This was the annual recertification inservice. If I didn't attend, I didn't teach that year. So I went. That was Saturday. I spent Sunday in bed. Every muscle in my body hurt--from the roots of my hair to cramps in my toes. I missed a whole week of work because I ignored a fatigue day.

Am I alone? Does anyone else out there get these super bouts of fatigue? Mine are once or twice a year. How often do yours come? Have you found a way to counteract them?
Or do you do what I do and crawl in bed with an old favorite from your bookshelf?

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I have many more warm pictures if anyone needs them. I am sure I will. We may see 55 Sunday and Monday, but then the 40s for a bit. It is better than below freezing so I should keep my mouth shut.

Mimi, I had eye allergies again in Utah. I did not have to do a panic stop while driving this time because I could not see, but they burned. Washing them out helped it go away, even just a wipe to remove any pollen can make a difference. I know how uncomfortable this is. I hope you get your needed rest.

Bette, I get bouts of bad fatigue. Some last one day, others go on for several. It is commonly a day before bad weather. I just grind my teeth through them .It is not something I recommend. We do not get sick days so I try to cut the week short my taking Friday or Monday off to cope, it helps some. We get a point for calling in, 6 in a year we are fired. We need a Dr's visit and note to go back after 2 days missed. They are not a very caring employer. It is like I need a truck to drag me along. It is good I have my tool cart to hang on to sometimes. I can't walk straight. I struggle to climb stairs or ladders. I could use some tips to cope better as well.

Nancy, I hope the mall trigger didn't go off.

Lou, great news!

Cece, Happy Friday to you too!

To all, take care and have a good night.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Morning all on Saturday...up early.

I didn't do to well at the mall. I parked by Macy's and walked to Lord and Taylor that is 3 stores away on the inside. I walked in L &T and asked the first person I saw.......Where are the fancy dresses? "Straight ahead..".

I swear in 3 tries and moving to the next department I FOUND MY OUTFIT....oh I love it. But just in that little effort I was feeling the battery running out. So I shopped no more in there..(Oh the best part...outfit was on the sale rack, 25% more off for friends and family and then I opened a card 15% more....how much in the end? Tag started at 250.00 and I got it for 60.00!)
It is so me....it is perfect...

So I walked slower back to Macy's and now carrying the bag with the outfit and my pocketbook.... just to peek in their dept. OMG...they had the one I liked in L&T and IN MY SIZE..only one there....and NO PRICE on it. I had little ability left so I just went to the register and told her the story....she rang it up and used her coupon of 20% off more and out I went.

The car was parked right in front of Macy's so I just got in, water waiting and my meds in my bag. I sat for a bit, taking in the find and how nice all were to help me. Then I went to the Christmas tree store (only do that when here) They have wagons so I could continue. Found things for the new garden and for the yard. Huge noodles for the pool.

Then the meds gave me a help. I stopped at kohl's that also has a cart and decicco's food store for gluten free things. Then to our deli to see the family woking hard for Easter Catering.

I made my husband sit for coffee and then off to the farm to buy plants for the Holiday. I love hyacinths....but I got tulips and daffodils too. 10 people to get for. I near cleaned him out !
Thanks God he still had stuff.....

I returned home and rested the evening away. DH put Sombra on my back and neck last night and I fell to sleep easily. We were watching UP TV and folowing the religious movies for the season, but neither could keep our eyes open.

Today I will just do my laundry trigger and take it easy. It is 33* now but to be warmer by afternoon. I have things everywhere that need to be done. Spring is a busy time and the hot humid summer the slow time. PACE (Mimi) I know.....I am trying so hard.

Good day for you all.......Yanni is playing in the air throughout the house right now and it is a great start to the day.

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.