Skip to content
Monday, Monday ******4/21/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is a chilly morning....but going to be a very nice day. Well, Easter is over with so I am hoping that warmer weather will arrive and hopefully stay. DH said anything could happen with the weather until Easter passed. So I guess we will see. What weird weather we have had this year....and it seems like it has affected most states....one way or another. Some places had lots of snow, wind and rain....others had not much at all.

Here is hoping all will be safe in Boston today. They said there are over 700 people from NC running.

I hope each of you had a nice Easter and I hope today we will all have a good day, with lots of sunshine and nice weather and hopefully little to no pain... I had to get up and go over to let the grand dogs out again this morning. I did sleep better last night which I am so very thankful for today. I took a new kind of allergy pill yesterday and I think it gave me a headache for most of the day. I guess I will go back to what I had been taking....or perhaps I will try something else. There are many kinds out there, just finding something that will work is the problem.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better soon. Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked, if you have not already done so. Low Vitamin D causes some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. If you have low Vitamin D...it takes time and effort to get it back to within the *normal range*...it is NOT a quick fix....but it just might be well worth your time to find out just what your Vitamin D level is.

Here is hoping you will each enjoy some sun today.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday - I hope you all had a good easter weekend!

It's 55? here right now. going to 62? mid-afternoon. We had a lovely Easter with my sister, her "Special Friend", son and granddaughter. I made a greek yogurt "cheesecake" that was just splendid with cherry topping. Here's the link to the recipe:
http://www.oikosyogurt.com/greek-yogurt-recipes/all-recipes/creamy-yogurt-cheese-cake.aspx

Mimi, they say the Boston Marathon will be the safest place to be today. My "little brother" works the start with a radio club, and I have to say I was really afraid for him last year. I'm "watching" it on the web through a local TV/radio site, and they're streaming live. The men's wheelchair winner has already come in (the wheelchair men started just after 9am). The Red Sox won last night, the Bruins are in the playoffs; so much good happening in Boston today!

I'll sign off here. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday. I hope there is sunshine and warm weather where you are today. A bit over cast here but will be near 80. No complaints. -83D-E00

I hope that today will be a pain free day for you and that the allergies brought on by the spring pollen will not be effecting you. MiMi sorry it is still bothering you. I too had to take a nasal spy yesterday because of congestion. Hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and that your Sunday was blessed with family, friends and happiness. We went to church and then onto DD's and had a nice meal and the children colored eggs and decorated cookies. The egg hunt was nice and every little one got a ton of candy. Very special. I am truly blessed.

Louis my DO planned to run Boston this year bit a late hip strain put it off. I felt a bit uneasy about the race but know everything possible had been done to make it the safest place ever. There will be no repeat of last year's tragedy. I'm sorry that we couldn't see it here. Not being televised. -83D-E02

Not much planned for day. A few phone calls for medical reset appointments that I missed due to DD's visit and my sister's medical scare Friday. May rin an errand or 2 but that's about it. A slow day.

Will close this here with best wishes to all. Have a wonderful day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I survived yet another Monday with no major issues. Work was ok and it was another warmer day her at 55 or 60. The week could start a lot worse.

For Easter we stayed home. It was just the four of us and made a ham dinner. We used my GM's recipe for glaze and sweet gravy and it turned out great. We normally go to a house of 40 or so people and this was a nice change.

My pain in my joints has been high the last few days. I am not sure why. It has been warm and dry. My wrist has been a bear and my knees and hips are not far behind. I am hopeful it will pass quickly.

We are supposed to get one more warmer day of 50 tomorrow then 40's and precip the rest of the week. I made the best use of these nice days as I could. Yesterday I washed my Jeep, today I cleaned the windows. It was filthy from my trip and I never leave it that way for long. I used to spend 3 or 4 hours detailing my vehicles in one shot. I spread it out over a few days now. It is likely what set things off. It still frustrates me that I can't do what I used to. I suppose it always will, but I have to get used to a new pace.

It sounds like spring finally showed up for all of us now. almost all of the snow here in town is gone. It is hard to believe after leaving here in a snowstorm with three feet on the ground just a couple weeks ago.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory...MiMi in NC. I sure hope you feel better soon. I know that my wrists and elbows on occasion will start to ache. I have to put on my support braces for a few nights and I use the Stopain Spray as well. Soon they will stop hurting.

I did want to ask you....do you take any sort of *joint supplement? I don't know IF this might help you, but it just might. At one point and time I had to get injections in both knees and both hips....actually I have had my knees done several times with the synvisc injections. I had the 3 injections, one every 7 days. Mine worked for over 2 1/2 years each time although the doctor said that they normally do not work this long for most.

I am glad you and your family have a nice quiet Easter. Sometimes it is good to just stay at home and be together.

I hope you will have a good week.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi.

I used to take a Glucosamine Chondroitin complex. I di not notice a change, but then I was a line lead and constantly ducking under conveyors and walking for 12hr shifts. When money was tight I stopped. I may have to try again. Injections were the next step mentioned by my pain management Dr. My wrist and back don't give me much of a break. It would be so nice to manage just those 2.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.