Skip to content
Tuesday *****4/22/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is cloudy today, with showers expected. Well I guess NC could use some rain but I sure do enjoy the warm sunshine. Sunshine just makes the body feel better, in my own personal opinion.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I had issues with sleep again last night. Not a good thing at all. I am so glad my DD is back and I can now rest some. Climbing stairs several times a day is not exactly ok for my body. She lives in a 2 story house. Her washer and dryer are downstairs and the entrance that is used is also downstairs so I had to use them quite a bit. Several times a day going to check on my grand dogs and tidying up as well while the grand dogs are outside. OK...so I get back to hopefully a somewhat normal schedule. I do keep my GS today. He brings smiles to me. He is the apple of my eye right now....so sweet...for the most part....as long as he is fed and gets his rest.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will improve the way you feel. You just have to figure out what *tools* will work best for you. This does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. You never know what just might help you until you have given it a try.

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Well, I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he says that taking Omega 3 will help one sleep. So I think I am going to try this and see IF it will improve my sleep. I know just how important SLEEP is for all of us FMers. Not enough sleep causes more pain for me. I have not gone to the vitamin store yet to pick up the supplement I plan to try for fatigue. I thought I could do this Saturday, but after the battery went dead and we had to do that....time ran short and I had to get back to check on my Grand dogs. Soon though I plan to start this.

Always looking for something that will make a difference in the Chronic Fatigue that I had. A person needs *energy for almost everything we do*. It is not fun when mine just runs low.

New members should check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*....Nana B started this post and it offers a lot of good *tools to try* that just might help you cope.

Vitamin D.....be sure and ask your doctor to check this...which is so important to a lot of people these days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you for doing this.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday and Earth Day MiMi and to those who will follow.

It's over cast here,not cold but gloomy. It will be warm from this point on and I am so glad to know that.

MiMi, sorry your sleep was short again last night. I do hope that you are able to recoup today. Also glad your DD is home and your visit to her home with the stair case is over.
As for Omega 3 helping sleep I have heard that so if you try it I do hope it works for you. With my IBS I can't take Omega anything anymore. For whatever reason it just makes me ER bound sick.

Am so glad that the northern states are now getting warmer as well. It has been a hard winter for the US and most of us have suffered from it's cold, snow and ice at some point. I for one am not sad to see it go into the History books, just wish it hadn't been so darn Historically cold.

I have a few errands to run today, not a lot to do and that's okay, Tomorrow is a busier day with two medical appointments and errands while out. I have my neck traction starting up again for another 12 weeks. I do hope by the end of that time I have no more neck issues. f

DH and I have hummingbird feeders out as out neighbor saw two yesterday feeding on her's. I am surprised to see them this early here in southern TN. But one year we had them here right after Mother's Day.. so maybe. If that is the case DH will be very happy as he lives to see them here with us. The longer the better.

My Dear Niece has been told that she is going to have a mastectomy on her right breast some time early next month. She will not need Cimo, just radiation. Which is a good thing. Her aunt, on her father's side, had the same kind of cancer 27 years ago and is alive and well today. She is giving my niece a lot of support and that makes me very happy. And my niece has lots of moxie so am not really worried about depression getting to her. Dealing with breast cancer is no easy thing and I hope that in some way I too may be a help somewhere, sometime in her journey dealing with it.

My sister went back to her doctor yesterday and they did a biopsy of her uterus. They are now telling her they believe she has cervical or uterine cancer. They told her they believe she had a HPV and since she hasn't had a pap smear for 10 years, or a mammogram, she's 68, it started and got away from her. Being she has a very low IQ and has only been able to hold down part time jobs with no insurance, she couldn't go and get yearly check ups. Sad. Anyway, she made the mistake of thinking they said Ovarian when it was uterine.

Put the scare into a lot of the ladies in our family by doing that. My phone didn't stop ringing over the weekend. And since her daughter, my niece, has her own cancer to deal with right about now, my sister is treading this alone to a point. I may drive up there when I know more and try to be of some help. We have a nice size family but we're all living in different states so dropping over to help is more difficult than if we all lived nearby. But God willing everything and everyone will be come out the other side of this A Okay.

Cory your pictures were stunning! Thanks so much for sharing.

Hope everyone is doing well today and that there is some sunshine and warm temps where you are. And also that fibro issue or pain are not playing a part in your day. I know this can't always be true for each and everyone of us, but wishing it were for all just the same.

Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Mimi, stairs are my enemy some days. I used to skip every other step and just about run up them. Now I hang on the rail and walk very carefully. I used to live in a beautiful third floor apartment. The laundry was in the basement. I could not do that now for sure. I feel your pain.

Linda R, I am a little bit of a shudder bug. I will always share when I can. I love the desert. It is so different than what I have here. I will be thinking of your family as you go through all of this cancer stress. Such a terrible thing.

I had a horrible day, but it is over. Tomorrow is a new day. I hope it is great for you all. Take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 responded:
Good Morning on Wednesday.

Happy Hump Day . Mid week for me and 2 more to go.

Cory for me it was a bad day too, returning from a 5 day break I knew I would be busy...but it was overwhelming. The stress continues to this moment when I woke at 3a.m with DH pulling covers off me when he turned (a chronic issue with us!)

I laid there reliving the issues. I cannot return to sleep. Our most precious commodity....We should invent a sleep jacket or dreamy booties...something that soothes you back to sleep.

I did do so well when I was off. I know I take too many things to heart and it will get me sick. Pain is really not too bad right now, so I have one thing going right.

Over the break off, I got the room painted for the guest from Australia. The chest of drawers is now in place and sheets stripped and bed fresh. I just want to get a small basket of toiletries for her and I am set. She arrives next Friday to me. Here from this Sunday among the family.

I just came up with the idea as she is staying 4 days with us, to go out to dinner one night and then a dinner/show venue that I have open tickets for......I can plan Saturday night for that maybe? I just can't SIT here and talk...or entertain. I have little to say.

Glad I am not worried for the house and dust around. I LIVE in this house. My home is not a show case like some of the others in the family. I have dings in the moldings from years of vaccuming and toys banging into them and scratches in the oak floors from feet that have passed through, and parties.
The place has charechter (sp?) . I loved the saying:
"My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". Good right?

I also had a magnet that said " DULL PEOPLE HAVE IMMACULATE HOMES. That was my defense when the boys were still here and it was 3 against me cleaning up after them all and I was working 3 jobs..........the cards were stacked against me.

But....doing better with my neck and watching the posture and stressors in my life. I journal my day at work all the time because I often can't remember ALL that I do, but it helps to pin point what is getting me with the tension I get into.
At one point yesterday I said to the manager....we need a massage person in here. Good for the staff and I just need a quicky right now to reset me....

Life is crazy, a series of bobs and weaves around obstacles in your path. A goal to enjoy the veiw on a detour is always in my mind. Taking a minute to breathe and let out the concerns I carry. It is not a perfect world.

You know the people you have issues with in the offices you go to. The things they SAY to you and you just go ..Oooh. This is what I find and have to address on a frequent basis. Places where we can do better for the patients and need to up the bar a bit. Gettting the staff to rise up is the challenge.

OK...I am numb from 4 hours of sleep, it is gonna be some day today. Alot on the plate.

Hope the day is bright for you all and the struggles small. I am waiting for hummingbirds too. Mine come in August here in NY though. I do have all my buddies at the feeder though. Woody (the woodpeck**) (I was flagged for this word!! LOL )was here over the weekend...love seeing him!

This is a great time of year, so much promise for the yard and the summer to come. The BarBQ's I would love to have and laughter I would like to be part of. But until that...work to be done. Cleaning all the stuff with the power washer or by hand, is a task to pace through. I need to make a dent this weekend so I can sit outside with our guest and take in the yard and birds with their songs. Breakfast on the deck is so relaxing at this time.

OK.....I am off to the shower to start the day. Glad I am in low pain this morning and hope I last for the day ahead...or don't have a meltdown before the day is through.........

Hugs to all, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Nancy,I read with great interest your post and am so glad you are here to put things out there for us to see and understand. I am so grateful for your input here.

Somethings I just roll with and think nothing of them. Reading your post I realize I am not alone. Others have those same issues. Knowing that I am doing what most here are to coup gives me comfort.

As for your neck issues I know all to well how that is. I do hope that your feel better from that. I have to have neck traction to my neck.

As for your house it sounds beautiful and I am sure your house quest will think the very same. Dust has appeared on the top of a table I just dusted moments before! I have found that dust just won't let anyone win one. It appears at will no matter how much one chases it away. Your house quest will never notice if there's any dust, of this I am sure of.

As for hummingbirds my DH has me on the look out for them now. The ones we get are most likely yours. They travel up from the Gulf and just stop by here for a drink of sugar water and then onto NY they go.

Hope your day isn't too long knowing that you got little to no sleep last night.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.