Skip to content
Thursday *****4/24/2014****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and I woke up again this morning too darn early again. I thought that perhaps I might get another couple of hours but could not go back to sleep. I think that IF I could get enough sleep every night that I would indeed feel better. But I do not know what I can do in order to achieve this. I do plan to try the Omega 3 tip though, just to see if it helps.

Showers are headed here. Maybe this is why I woke up hurting. It seems like the body knows before hand just when damp weather it on its way. It is going to be a really wet week-end.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about this ugly and mean illness and what others have found that has helped them cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find what might work for each of us. What works for one may or may not work for another. Only you will know when you have found a good combination of tools which may a difference.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and the *member toolbox*....where you will find some good info. There is a lot of other info in this community as well.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope there will be some sunshine in your corner of the world. Be sure and remember to pace, pace and pace again.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all that will follow.

I hope that today finds you all in a good place and that fibro's issues or pain is not an issue.

It's a lovely morning here. Going to be warm, so they say, and no rain. I am getting quite used to days like today and can't wait to have everyday like this one. I hope that I soon leave the fibro symptoms behind and get quite used to feeling well. It's been such a long time since I have felt that way.

MiMi, I am so sorry that, once again, you didn't get a good night's sleep. Perhaps it is because of the rain coming your way that kept you from getting in a full night's sleep. I do hope that today you may find a few hours to rest and recoup.

Am sad that today, as planned, we are not going to see the Corvette Museum in KY. Called ahead yesterday to make sure of their operating hours and price of admission. The lady on the other end of the phone asked me if I liked crowds, odd question. I said " depends ", and was told that today some kind of Corvette convention was going to be there so it would be very crowded. DH said we'd pass so it will be the Farmer's Market in Nashville instead. I'm disappointed but there's a lot of days to the Museum.

DH and I are also going to pass on going back to Los Angeles in late May. His sister was disappointed when we told here, but right now we'd rather go somewhere other than LA.
Instead we are thinking about going to Hilton Head Island, SC and then Savannah,Ga for a few days. Then up to visit with DD in NC. before heading home to TN. The last 2 trips into LA were sad and stressful ones for us and we just wanted to go somewhere where where there were no unhappy memories or cemeteries to visit. 2 deaths of dear ones so close together, 27 days apart, we think just overwhelmed us and we can't, don't think I can, deal with going where we have to so soon again after losing them.

Anyway will close this here as DH seems to be stirring in the bedroom. Means the day is starting and getting coffee and breakfast made.

Wishing each of you a good day, a fibro issue and pain free day.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

It seems that we are just opposites. You wake up about the time when I finally get to sleep. Unfortunately, our lab usually gets me up around 8 each morning. Nowhere near enough sleep possible that way.

I cannot believe how good DH's hand looks. It doesn't seem possible that you could cut out a quarter-sized chunk and then pull the skin across to the point that there is NO gap. And of course the skin is just the last layer that had to be restored to its previous condition. God bless family physicians.

This evening DH and DS were ready to come inside when they noticed a cow was calving in the pasture. She was a young one having her first calf and seemed to be having trouble. They tried to get her to come into the feeding area where they could tie her up and get her to hold still so they could help. No go. They tried to get her to lay down, hoping they could then help pull the calf out. She wouldn't lay down. She wouldn't stand still. Night fell. They lost her in the dark and tried to find her with their ATV's. All she did was panic and run into the woods. Last seen, she was running at full tilt with one calf leg sticking out and the rest not doing anything. When morning comes, cow and calf will probably both be dead. DH and DS are heartsick. Yes, that's a big chunk of money to lose, but it was her suffering that kept them at it until 9 p.m. Let's just pray that her run through the woods started labor back up naturally.

(It's not just vets who assist with calving. Farmers do it routinely. But the heifer has to let you near her. Loose cows can kill you with a kick. You HAVE to get her into a stall or laying down. Anything else is suicide.)

And you thought farm life was peaceful and calm!

Hey, the fibro is pretty calm. I'm still amazed by the lack of pain at my waist level spine since the RF ablation. I think I found the answer to the "burning" feeling on that side. I used my Voltaren gel on it last night and the sensation went away! It started to come back tonight, so I put some on again. Believe me, feeling like you have a sunburn on your left "cheek" is a weird feeling. It's super to have banished it.

Hope you are all doing a little better each day and continue to go in that direction.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.