Skip to content
Saturday - 4/26/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is suppose to be a nice day here. I hope we have lots of sunshine today. DH has to work on our GS riding toy. We gave it to him for his birthday in January. Well, it would NOT run. It was already put together when I bought it. I had no idea that it would not run though. Anyway the company sent us parts 3 different times and we got the last (hopefully) part that was needed and he wants to get it on for him. It will soon be summer time and they will want to ride them. I debated on whether or not to return it but now I am glad that I just got new parts for it. It should be good to go once this last part goes on.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. Yesterday we got rain but not as much as was predicted. Damp weather is NOT a good thing for most of us though and I had issues yesterday again. I got up too darn early again this morning.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. I do encourage ALL new members to check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well....where you will find what other FMers have found that has made a difference for them. Nana B started this several years ago and it has some good info which is worth reading and trying.

Vitamin D. With better weather we all should be enjoying the sunshine which does help our body feel better and it provides some of the natural Vitamin D that we need. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Scott has just joined our support group and he provided another good link about Vitamin D. I encourage everyone to read it and read the comments that others have made about their experience with it as well.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi, your rain is here!! Dreary right now, but the whizzes say it will be a good day eventually. I will wait. Laundry is always waiting in the morning of saturday anyway.

I had a good week, neck is arguing but I am not listening. Hotpaks increased and moving forward. Family wedding is next weekend, so the final touches for the European arrivals and Australians is in full bloom. Calls back and forth......
We have 7 people to place in houses. Looking good though.

I am just so glad the room is done, see how things work to push you to finish. over 1 year that wall has waited. DH wasn't going to tackle it and I put it to the back.....so done!

The joy of spring is starting to fill me, our plants are exploding with green color (young green) and the forcythia's (sp?) are just popping open with the yellows. Plum tree on the property has the buds, just need a good hot day and wa-la it will be open. The weeping cherry tree is what sets my heart a flutter and she has a bit more to go.

I hope this weekend to power wash the back, if it doesn't happen...it is OK. I am not too worried for the patio with the guests. We won't be home too much. My little deck is just fine.

Ok, still leaning on the pace mantra of yours. So needed at this time of year.
P: please A: accept C: charity/assistance/help E: everytime it is offered.

That's my pace at times. I never asked for help. The new me needs 4 arms. Ha! Admitting that change in me is big. I do have a hard time at work to ask someone to lift something but I will get better at it.

OK, a good day for all of us. Low pain day ....Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is cloudy here right now but it's supposed to be a nice weekend. The last mess of snow is almost melted and I hope it stays away for at least a few months. Good grief. We had 126" of snow this season, the third most on record. yay for that, lol.

I have not posted in a few days but I have popped in to see how everyone is. It's good to see that spring is finally settling in, even for Bette and I. It was a terrible winter, the hardest one I have ever endured. I also angered my wrist the last few days. One day I had to run an air impact with just my left hand, the other I had to make up some wood blocks by pounding about 30 nails. I should have been wise enough to switch hands, I can hammer right handed. This made typing no fun. I am greatful it does not bother me all of the time now and it does not wake me up at night.

I have been able to use my wrist brace less. The Plaquenil does help I think. It is usually used to treat inflammation in Lupus patients. It can take up to 6 months to work, I am on 4, and I noticed changes in just a few weeks. I did post on the Lupus forum to discuss the medication. It is awfully quit there, I have had no replies. I have read lots of info, but there is no better feedback than that from the user.

Mimi, I am sure your GS will enjoy cruising around in his riding toy.

Nancy, I am glad you had a good week. You deserved one.

To all, have a wonderful day!

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Sat...

We just went down and picked up my DH's car from the fix it shop...it didn't pass smog...and had to be fixed..something he should have done a long time ago...just "LOVE" (sarcastically said) seeing more money put into that car...grrrrrrrrr

then to get some groceries in..and then to go look at another assisted living for mom and dad. I saw this one when they were building it..but wanted DH's opinion...and naturally, this doesn't mean mom and dad will go...sigh..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Nancy, Cory and to all that follow.

It's a lovely mid morning here. So pretty as all the flowers and colors are back. Lots of sun and warmth too, near 81, they say. And not a sign of the wicked weather heading towards us from the west this evening. It is to begin this evening and then storms on and off through Tuesday. It will be a very bumpy next few days. Not a good outlook for us now that we have gotten used to lovely calm spring like days.

Speaking of things spring DH and I saw 2 hummingbirds yesterday at our back porch feeders. So their on their way up from the south. The little birds are such a joy to watch zooming to the flowers or feeders. I don't expect to see any of ours little birds until well after Mother's Day though. If anyone else here as seen any I'd be interested in knowing.

We have a tree trimming guy due here around 4 to give us an estimate on taking a tree on our fence line down. It's around 2 1/2 telephone poles high and looking kinda dead t the top. I wish we had gotten the tree taken down last fall but the people living behind us need to let us access their back property to get at the tree at the right angle and they've moved out. I am hoping that this tree trimmer can access the tree from out yard and not have to deal with asking, ??? if we can go thru their place.

And now with the bad weather and high winds coming this weekend I'll be watching the tree more closely, hoping it holds upright and doesn't come down onto the house. UGH.

Nancy, so glad you have had a good week and that you are ready for your company. Also glad spring colors have found you and that your area is in spring mode now. I am sure your company will just enjoy it.

Cory, glad the brace is working for you and that you have been able to get some things done with it's help.
126 inches of snow. WHOA that's a lot of precept. I take it that it has melt down without any issues of flooding.

MiMi, glad your have gotten the parts to make the toy rider work for your GS. I am sure it will give you a lot of joy to see him enjoying it in the days to come.

Lou, hope that everything is moving along well with you and that you were/ have been able to get everything out and are settled into a temporary place.

Angelswife, if your checking Roll Call, have a terrific yard sale this weekend. Hope you get a fist full of money.

cece, wishing you a good weekend.

Okay, I will close this here as I intend to head out the door to the back yard to put away the lawn chairs, take down wind chimes, bird feeders, etc. , anything that can be blown away and in general get the yard ready for the strong storm(s) coming in a few hours.

Have a good day.. a fibro issue and pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.