Skip to content
Thursday *****5/15/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is supposed to be off and on showers all day today and part of tomorrow as well. I have been dog sitting for some time while my son took a vacation. Harley had been really good until last night. Don't know what is going on with her....but she stayed up all night. (not good at all). I guess she is ready to go home...and after last night I am ready for her to go home as well. Boy, what a night.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out the *just right combination of tools* which might help. So hang in there and try different things that perhaps others have tried that has made a difference for them. You should remember though that what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found what helped you.

Most anything and everything that we FMers do is a process....some being good and others not so much. There are some good tools right here under *tips* and *resources* as well as in our *member toolbox*. Be sure and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. I think the more we learn the better we seem to deal with it. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more can sure help most of us. Not crossing the line is a good tool. Sometimes though it is hard to figure out. But eventually you will.

Drinking plenty of water and watching one's diet might also make a BIG difference. Taking vitamins and supplements is what I have found that has allowed me to control my FM pain.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this....as it just might make a big difference in the way you feel. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all to follow! Here in SC it also raining. I woke to the sound of it and it has continued now for a couple hours straight. I am thrilled! I wont' have to go out and water anything and rain is a better waterer than I am. I've got my doors open so fresh air is coming in through the screens. Getting a little damp in here though so I'll probably put the AC back on in a bit.

I've caught my grandkids cold and they are coming in about an hour, here I am still in PJs!

Hubby will likely be home today too, which is fine, but the house is not a lot cleaner than last time he came. LOL... he knows I am putting plants in right now--and he knows I can only do so much in a day--and watching the grands is a lot too. So I'm not worried about his reaction to my poor house keeping really--- just sometimes I wish I had a cleaning person--although

I think it would be hard to justify a cleaning person so I can out and play in the garden! LOL.

I guess we'll just make do with conditions as is.

Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Hi all....well I have the day off of work today...San Diego is in a state of emergency....so all schools are closed. Two days ago we had fire very near the school I work at in the afternoon...came about a couple of blocks away...and the school had to be evacuated...but luckily, the student I deal with had been picked up...so I was able to go home...and then yesterday, fires broke out all over town, but not near me...Luckily, today is a much better day...still VERY hot...(over 100 degrees yesterday)...but the winds from the desert have stopped..so that is what is needed to get these fires under control..

I will try to catch up reading a few notes..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It's still cold here at 41 with tonight getting down to 34. The weekend is supposed to be cooler than they previously said as well but still in the 50's. I guess I should be greatful it's not terribly hot like you all have endured too early.

I am very sore today. The day went well though and Friday's are usually quiet. I can work at my own pace. Today was lots of crawling in equipment. I just tried to focus on the task and that kept me from noticing how I felt. My back is just not right. I am ok unless I am standing. I think whatever is going on in my other joints is there too and not getting better with age and hard labor. I need a change before something gives out.

I have not done my workout for a couple days, today I will not be either. The rheumatologist said to move every day and the wife keeps reminding me. Some days it is just not going to happen. I think you understand this.

When coming in I noticed my neighbors had their power shut off by the red tag on the meter. I hope family steps in and helps them out soon. They need assisted care.

Here is hoping you all have a wonderful evening. Take are everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Let's face it, Spring and Fall are times of change, and our bodies just don't react well to change. Here in WNY, it is about 80 today, but will be in the 40's tomorrow. Our poor bodies just don't do a very good job of regulating themselves, and conditions like these don't help at all.

So many of us are having so much trouble with weather-related problems. Whether it's wildfires in the west, tornadoes in the midwest, or plenty of rain here in the east, we are all on alert. And that causes our old enemy, stress.

Please try to remember that you are so much more than your fibro. You are a wonderful person who is doing the best under trying conditions. So often, we see all the things we cannot do, all the deficiencies in our housekeeping, our physical limitations, and all the changes that fibro has brought to our lives. All of that is just the outside. The inside is some pretty tough cookies who accomplish an awful lot in this life. We bring joy to our families and to each other. We care for each other. We contribute to this world. We are a force for goodness. The support we give each other carries into our homes and our communities, making this a much better world for everyone. There are some pretty wonderful people here. Be proud of yourself.

Whatever local anesthetic they used Monday while they were injecting cortisone into my right hip has definitely worn off. Unfortunately, the cortisone has not kicked in yet--if it will ever, which is anyone's guess. The result is one extremely sore right hip socket. The whole area from the "cheeks" to the groin and out to the side of my leg is just plain miserable. The good news is that this is probably temporary. I hope. I hope.

Towards better days,

Bette

dollbug replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Hello Bette. MiMi in NC....I had to get shots in both of my hips a few years ago. I had bursitis in both and they were both so bad that they had *calcified* according to the PA who put the injections in them. They both bubbled when she did them. I had to get them done at different times as she said she did not know whether or not they could make me sorer than I was to begin with or cause me pain. They didn't. This was the only time I got them and they sure helped my hips.

Several days ago, I posted an O/T (Off Topic) post to you and I guess you did not see it. I think it has now rolled over to the next page. I was wanting to know if you have ever had *SILKIE* chicks. I know you live on a farm and have animals but I did not know if you ever had any of these.

So I decided to repost this again. I hope you see it and let me know.

It has rained a lot here in NC today and more is expected tomorrow. I am hoping the week-end will be nice. DH and my DD and SIL and I have been working on redoing their back deck. It has been a very slow process. She has furbabies and they go out to get down to their side yard....so we had to do this so they could continue to use the path. It has been interesting since we enlarged it a bit. We have to take up the old part and replace it along with adding the new part as well....but keep it where the furbabies can get out.

OK...I hope you recover soon from your hip problems....I have been there done that and I know just how much pain hips can be.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.