Skip to content
Sunday, May 18, 2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....a good Sunday to each of you. MiMi in NC where it is going to be a nice day, I think. It is now 52*....yesterday was a nice day to be outside, not too hot and no rain....thank goodness for this. DH, my SIL and I were able to get a lot done. I did not do much.....but boy I am sore this morning. I guess I used muscles that I have not used in a while. We did not finish it though. But hopefully it will not take much longer. Got the deck floor down....they have to put more screws in today. DH had already put up part of the top railing. This has to be finished and the pickets have to be put on. It will be so much better now. I hope it will last a long time for them to enjoy. I enjoy helping with a project but it is nice when it gets finished.

Here is hoping each of you had a good Saturday and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find some good *tools* that will make your journey each day a bit better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* where you will find some good things to try.

As Nana B often says....we, FMers, must learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon. What a difference this can make in life. It is a process though and does take time and effort to figure out just how this is done. So hang in there and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them.

Vitamin D.....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked asap. It is hard for me to know that there are some people who thinks this is not really important.....BUT I can assure you that IF you have chronic pain, then you should get this tested. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
You MUST ask the doctor to do this.

One last thing to share. On Friday my DIL was getting ready for work and my GS's big brother was supposed to be keeping an eye out on his little brother. She came in to check on them and Big Brother had his play handcuffs and had put them on his Baby Brother's feet.....OMG. What little boys do. Baby Brother was happy as he could be though...he was being entertained. We all got to see a picture of this. So funny. Today's modern day technology allows people to keep up with just about everything. Phones which take really good pictures.

Well, have a great Sunday. I think I am going to rest today. My older son is back from vacation and my GD is here so I will have everyone here for lunch....just something easy to fix today.

Enjoy some sunshine if you have a chance....as it does make the body feel better. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Happy Sunday all.
Mimi you rest up, sometimes I read about the dogs and kids and hammers with nails...I get tired just hearing about all the activity!!

I just couldn't get too started yesterday, I ended up doing all in the afternoon...no my forte'. I went to the store for the Combo's for LIFE cancer fund raiser. They did 1077 Italian combo's for Cancer research......***so proud a Mama I am.

I did nothing but supervise and pick up a couple of things as Olivia's recital was soon after that. How cute is a recital....there were 6 girls on the stage in glitter and head dresses, all in pink...spinning and then tapping to songs for us. We were a captive audience and I stupidly had to have my camera going....

What does that mean.....arms above my neck area.. I know better but there was no way around it. I captured it all on my phone and showed DH last night so he could feel he was there too.

BUT, I was in trouble and reactive in the car leaving there. I hate my neck...(it hates me too as I shoot every 2 weeks) Lol.

Settled in with heat and a soma with stretch. I notice today the clavicle bones are out of allignment....that is about a year now I can see when I need my shots. No pain, they are just pulling on the bone and it protrudes upward from the other on the right side.

Any way...today is new start, I am washing the outside furniture and getting the patio looked at...a plan for the summer and this afternoon with DH, we will complete my project. Good music, slow movement and singing like no one can hear me....should do it. I saw at least a pound of pollen on everything, and there is more to come. When I wash now I cover all in sheets to not have to do it again.

God bless the man who invented the power washer! Maybe it was a woman? We don't give ourselves credit for the things women have brought to the world. Sure there are many.

The birds are at the feeder, I took it in last night as some animal with pastey paws had it in its grip and there was a creamy clay paste all over it and the deck railings......these animals. No manners to wash before they eat!

Missed the flowers from the trees but the azeleas are about to pop. Need to see that it is 9 bushes and they are spectacular. Color is a definite mood elevator. OK, off to projects. Busy week this week and I will try to not let the drama get me, or the negative..........( a goal).

Hugs to all who handle this mess we are in. It makes you stronger, I never thought I would be where I am today. It's a tough road and there are tunnels of true darkness, but a light happens and you are at the end. We jump over obstacles and get inventive with tools to squeeze a life in there. We can win a bit. In that all the time research is happening to help answer the questions we have.

Good Sunday to all...........Nancy NanaB)

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. I hope you all have a great day today. It is supposed to be nice here as well. We finally hit 60 yesterday and by afternoon it made it up to 65. It was very nice to be out and I was all day.

Our Jeep club hosts an annual Open House at a state run offroad park about 60 miles from here.That is where we go play with our Jeeps about once a month in the summer. We only go on legal land and promote responsible wheeling. We take people new to our hobby out on a guided trail ride and provide lunch, all for free. Our club has about 16 members, 8 of witch could attend. Well we were spread very thin, but managed things very well. We had about 30 vehicles total, split into two groups. The day went almost flawlessly and we surprised people on what they and their 4x4 can really do.

The only problem was my brain fog and anxiety. I am not comfortable at all in large groups. It has gotten better over the years, but I still have a hard time with it. I also could not complete sentences without stumbling. It was pretty bad, but I just helped where I could and everything worked out. I don't know if I was just having a bad day or if the anxiety messed with my head.

I am feeling a little better though. The warm up helps me most of the time. I don't know why my joints were so bad the other day but they are quite a bit better now. We will probably be able to take our walk today.

I did not sleep well. The DW was snoring tremendously all night. She is very sensitive on the subject. She has not always snored and struggles with her weight. I have noticed over the 22 years we have been together, when she is heavier she snores. Over the winter she gained some, this does not bother me at all, I love the dear woman. The snoring though... I can only nudge her a few times before I feel rude. I have not been able to sleep in my chair or on the couch without waking a sore mess. Not sure what to do, we will figure it out.

I hope to do a few things today. My Jeep is filthy and I don't like things dirty for long. That and our walk will be enough for the day.

Mimi, enjoy the day, try not to help too much. I know that's hard to do.

To all have a wonderful day! Take care everyone.

Cory

mnjeepguy replied to booch007's response:
Good morning Nancy, I did not see your post as we both posted at the same time. Try not to do too much today. I hope your neck is better.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday one and all. I do hope your yesterday was good and that today will be better.

Warming up nicely here and we're cloud free. I have the windows and doors back open to catch the warmth and the breezes. Yesterday it was down right March here! Cold and raining, on and off, most of the day. I knew we had to go to an out of doors event, a Revival service.( My first time attending one. ) and I was sure it would be a wash out. 5000 chair placed out on the corner lawn of the church and it might just wash the event away.

Anyway, when DH came home it was raining, and when we we're on the road headed over to DD's to pick them up, it was raining. When we got to DD's house the rain had stopped but it looked like it would rain any minute. And although dark clouds loomed over head I was sure, knew in my heart it wouldn't rain on Angus. I just felt that the clouds would part over Angus Buchan's service. And they did! Not a single chair was wet and only a few drops of water fell at the beginning. And I really mean just a drop or two from passing clouds. The sun even broke through the clouds and it got warm. I was amazed,

DH is cutting down the last remaining tree in our back yard. Can you say good bye shade. :"( He called the tree trimmers that uses a cherry picker but they said they'd come back in 2 weeks. DH didn't want to wait. But cutting the tree down to the ground isn't going to easy because of it's height. DH had to build a wooden platform just to so he could reach high enough with an extended saw, on his extended latter, to get the top of the tree cut off and then start cutting downwards. I hear the saw going so I am guessing he's hard at it.

Cory, glad you are feeling better. I so know well about snoring spouses. My DH is such a snorer thank God we have unused upstairs bedrooms. He's not over weight he just eats to late at night. And DH was hard it all night long so at 5 I got up. Put the dog out and the cat and I went up stairs to get some sleep. I was dead tired since he woke me up at 12, 2 and again at five. So cat and I were just falling asleep and we hear DH coming up the stairs. Now he knows why I go up there but there he was getting into bed. I said " You do know why I came up here? " He said " Yeah, but I missed you." Too cute so I let him stay and not 5 minutes later he was hard at it again. I just rolled over and struggled back to sleep. I do so understand.

Nancy, thank you so much for the medication info. I will most likely post about my heart doctor's visit and share what medication I have been offered or given. I see my old Gastrologist tomorrow afternoon and will ask him what he thinks about the PN making my heart race. I will also be asking him to move up the colonoscopy and endoscopy dates because I am NOT getting any better even with baths, pills and lotions. If it's IBS it's gone way outta my control. If it's colon issues it falls into his. And honestly I think I do have bigger issues going on. Tomorrow I going to try to get to the, no pun intended, bottom of things.

Okay, will close here as DH is asking me if I want to tag along to Loews with him.. Oh Heck Yeah..
Gentle hugs to all... Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Well everything was looking up this morning. After my post I got out of my chair. In doing so my back went out again. CRAP! In the words of Nancy B. I tried to stretch but it only got worse. I took a Flexeril and went about things.

We had a surprise 60th Birthday party for my mother. She was surprised and we were able to get her three brothers, two sisters, all her grandchildren, and her aunt there. It is rare we can all attend. We had the party in the next town at my sister's. On the 30 minute ride there is got worse yet. I just couldn't get comfortable.

My sisters worked very hard on this and all we had to do was help with the cost. My twin brother did not bring his share so my sisters absorbed that, I offered to pay more but they declined. We had plenty of notice.

There I was on my 2 regular meds plus a relaxer, all three cause drowsiness. I was not sleepy but not up to driving in a stupor. The DW wouldn't drive. She has to drive there every day so I can't say I blame her. I had to. I did talk her in to driving home. I now have tingling in the back of my hands, my middle and lower back are not good. I also have a sharp pain down my right from my neck to middle back when I tilt my head at all. If it does not get better over night I will be staying home and going to the Dr. I can't remember the last time I had to call in.

I am beyond frustrated with my body today. I keep thinking, only 26 more years to retirement, LoL! I hope I can make a career change in the next couple years.

Enough of me, I just had to vent a little.

Linda R, I am glad you were able to enjoy the service.

To all, take care and have a good night.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....sorry that you are dealing with so many issues right now. It was nice that all of you children gave your mom a surprise party. I am sure she enjoyed this.

I don't know what the circumstances are in your family but there is always someone doing something in ours. I have to laugh as my DH came from a very large family. He was the baby boy next to his little sister. There were 8 of them 5 boys and 3 girls. There are now only 2 boys and 3 girls left. 2 of his sisters are old enough to be his mother. Years ago it seemed that an education was not that important. Only a couple of them actually graduated from high school. Some of their children did not think education was important either. So the majority of them did not get through high school. Well, I was just the opposite. I studied hard and made good grades. I wanted to go to college and actually started but gave it up since I could not make the grades that I had hoped to make. All 3 of my children continued their education and graduated. I do know that the way a child is raised has a lot to do with what happens to them as adults.

I sure hope that you can rest and recover soon from whatever you are suffering from. Did you do something to cause your back issues. Perhaps just the work you have been doing has caused this. I know you said you have a couple of rough days. I can understand the neck problems. I think neck issues can cause all sorts of things with other parts of our bodies.

Take care.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.