Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****5/21/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day....yes, it is hump day again. MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a *above normal temps* today. I guess spring has returned. Just hope it won't be really hot again. It seems like the weather is up and down a lot these days. Showers are expected today and tomorrow. It is supposed to be a nice week-end though. I sure hope it will be. DH and I still have some work to do with our DD back deck. The pickets have to be put up and a small gate made. It will then be done. It really looks very nice. I am sure they can now enjoy it. There are bees there. I think we need to put plastic under the deck to hopefully keep the bees from staying.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.....with little to no pain,

Pre school is over with this week.....I will now have a break. I think I will help my daughter with my other GS this summer some. She works part time and she will need me to stay with him some. I am sure we will have a busy summer. It is always a lot going on....especially when there are children involved.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I see we are *growing again*....so sorry that the wrath of the dragon has made its presence though. It is a tough illness to deal with. There are all kinds of good *tools* here though that perhaps will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well.

I think the more you learn about FM, the better you will cope. This does take time and effort though. So hang in here with us....this is a good support group of FMers here. We understand exactly what you are dealing with.

You have to find the *right combination of tools* that will make a difference for you. We are all different though and what works for one may or may not work for you. Continue to try different things though and soon you will figure out what your body needs. You should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try, unless, of course, what you are doing is making you sicker than you were. It takes time for your body to adjust and get the full potential of whatever you decide to try.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is my favorite *tip* to share....it is so very important. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important. This does take time to figure out though. Listen to your body and do what you think it is telling you to do. You have to decide when to stop before you cross the line and over do. I can assure you that your body will then let you know.

That's it for today.

Have a great day and try to enjoy some sunshine, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the everybody. I hope this post finds you all feeling well and that fibro issue and pain are not part of your today.

We've got a pretty warm day, 86, going on here. But I'll take it. NO rain or pop up showers due anytime this afternoon. I'll take that too.

Just a few plans for my today. Gotta get a nail fix that I broke once already. May redo them all just cause I'll be there. Then it's onto the market, senior day today, and get 5% off the bill. I plan to go to KHOLS to get % off and use my KHOLS dollars back card. I did my ROSS shopping yesterday, I got 15% off there for being a senior. I really like getting money off and money back. This senior discount stuff is pretty cool.

Should have seen the lung doctor yesterday but passed. It's a 6 month thing and I am just co payed out this year. So I passed.Will reschedule i August when a yearly is due. Should also get in and get my 2 year kidney, bladder check up but I am sure I got tests done on them while in the hospital. They left little unchecked and little blood left in me after the 24 hour stay I had there.

Speaking of hospitals ( I'm on a soap box today. ) I hope there is no truth to this but I read yesterday that with the under the rigs of the new National Health Care law seniors who have medicare and are admitted into the hospital lets say on the 2nd of any given month. Have a stay there of 2 days and are then released are going to get a sticker shock if they have the misfortune of having to be readmitted to a hospital again that same month .

Here's why: under Obama care regulation hospitals are be faulted if a patient is readmitted to their hospital within the same again after being released. So to get around being penalized they will re admit a patient who had already been in their hospital within the month by admitting them for Observation.

This lets them off the hook and puts the patient right on it! The patient will be billed in full for their time in the hospital! If a patient has a secondary insurance it will not kick for the second stay as it usually only pays a portion of what Medicare will pay and Medicare will not pay for
Observation admissions. It didn't mention if test, blood work, etc will be covered. Operations during the 2nd admission should be covered. The doctor will be covered but not the hospital's costs. If true this is just down right wrong!!!

The article said that seniors will be paying for things so money can be freed up to let younger, the once non insured get more bounce for their insurance buck. Nancy what have you heard on this.

I should get up and get my day going. It's almost 9 here and the day is slipping away.
Gentle hugs to all.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Mu

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hello....I just wanted to comment here....I heard that there are *LOTS of SURPRISES* for senior citizens.....to be rolled out soon....so this just might be the *tip of the iceberg*.

I am not sure things are as good as some seem to think about the new insurance coverage. I know that my son's insurance increased a LOT. He has had it for a long time. I guess there was a lot which was NOT SHARED about what people would have to deal with in our future.

I know that is has sure increased what we now pay on our insurance. But as we all know....it is always something.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
And Happy Hump Day to you too! My brain is free-associating today, just warning you.

For those who indulge: Today is Iced Coffee Day at Dunkin' Donuts. Profits go to a local children's hospital. If you're out, get a cup! (I'm no a coffee drinker, but DH is. He's SO happy!)

It's really lovely here today, 69? and heading to 71. I have a few errands to do and will be heading out soon. i hope to meet a friend for lunch. The last time we lunched I got the Daily Special for $5 and she ordered heaven-knows-what that came to over $20! I'll try to reel her in today, since neither of us is working.

I finally got some sleep last night. I haven't been sleeping, and it was wearing me down.

No news on the kitchen, the lady from Lowe's comes tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the price for what I want, and I'm wondering how close the insurance co will come. At least we'll have an idea of what we're up against!

My yoga teacher is on vacation, and I can't stand it. There's so little space in the house right now, I can't even roll out my mat.

I've heard something about observation admissions. If they don't do the paperwork 'right' you can in deeded be on the hook for payment. And it's not by calendar month, it's a 30-day month. So if you get admitted on the 15th for a three-day stay, then have to go back on the 5th of the following month, it's considered the same month. Cripes"026

Time to get my errands done. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, I believe your right any given 30 days. Just not fair.

MiMi, your right too. Senior are in for it! -83D-E02

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I survived another day. I thought I would have to go home again but by noon things were improving enough to be positive. Tomorrow is our long day and I may still go to the Dr. for the appointment I set up the other day. I don't know if he can do anything for me or not, but good to keep up to date I suppose. I would like to ask him about switching off of Flexeril, is give me restless leg issues, oddly only on my left leg.

I worry about things more than I should probably, but times like this scare the crap out of me. If I can't work for any length of time we are in serious financial trouble. I need to work towards a good savings and reducing what we can for expenses. I feel like something bad will happen soon and I don't want to be unprepared. Sorry to be so morbid, just a feeling.

On the bright side, I had a long talk with my boss when I went home early yesterday. He hinted strongly about my attitude and how much he likes it. He never has to wonder if I am busy, so I can do what I want most of the time. He knows I am working and never need babysitting. You would be surprised how many adults need one.

The health care system could be so much better. Here we are one of the wealthiest countries and have some of the worst health care plans. Obamacare helped some and hurt others. I pay over $400 a month for 80% coverage and a family deductible of $5K. Some pay more for less, so I try not to complain. I hope they can hone it to a better fit for all.

I hope you all have a wonderful night and sleep well. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.