Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****5/22/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is going to be hot again today with chances of scattered showers. It was hot yesterday.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day, with little to no pain. I think this is what we all strive for.....a good day without a lot of pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I see where we have had lots of newbies here. It is sad that so many people are facing the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. I hope soon though that the medical researchers will figure out this ugly and mean illness and find everyone something which will make a BIG difference for us all.

Vitamin D. This morning I clicked on a slideshow right here on WebMD which was talking about Vitamin D and just how important this is. I hope everyone will take the time to view it. I think more articles are being made on just how important Vitamin D is and just what and who it helps. It seems to be important for *EVERYONE*....not just those of us who suffer from FM. I know that the doctors put my little GS on infant liquid drops.

Be sure and enjoy some natural sunshine today, if you have a chance. The sun is a good way for our bodies to soak up the natural Vitamin D....which is also good for us as well.

I will try to post more later. I to go

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday and Hello to one and all. I hope that your day is going well and that you have a fibro issue and pain free day.

It's going to be very warm here, near 90, and with that, later today, storms will be brewing over head. UGH. They say some storms might be strong and with high winds. I am glad that we've taken down the large trees that could have come down on the house in high winds. But in the long run I will really miss the shade those two provided.

DH is home so we will be out doing errands in a bit. Need to drop off my neck X Rays to my Rheumy. He wanted to look at them to see if there was any reason my neck was causing the migraines. I know they are. Will have DH pick them back up on Monday and get them back to the Chiropractor. The tests I took for the Rheumy have all come back. Some things were a tad off, but not uncommon for my age group, or high, like B12. But over all everything looks okay, he says. I feel terrible tho so I asked him if there was anything in the tests results that could be an indicator of reasons I feel terrible.

He said NO. It's all fibro driven. And he said I am Stress mess. I had shared with him that my DBIL and uncle's passed so close together n late January and then mid February, then 2 months later I get the news of my niece and sister's cancer's. I was in tears as I spoke. He says my body is dealing with way too much.He didn't have to remind me that Fibro feeds on negative emotions . He says I really need to let my heart heal and accept the things that I could not change and be helpful and open to those that can. He said I need to let my emotions get back to normal so my body can. He said I have to relax, eat better and get out more. Okay I get that. I now have my marching orders.

About the new Medicare regulations on admissions I was talking to a friend, who works at the local hospital, about the new things going against senior's and admission - re admission. He said hospitals don't like it any better than seniors do. They are trying to get it changed back. ARRP is in Washington trying to get it changed. He said he things there is a way around it, it maybe possible to be a new admission if one is admitted at a different hospital. For me that is possible. I have doctors at the two of the large ones near me. I have doctors at both as well. So maybe, until they change it, for me this won't be an issues. I will of course ask if this kind of tactic would work.

I am going to check this out because in August my bone and joint doctor want to redo my knee. I will have to be admitted to the hospital nearest me. But I have to my PCP at the other hospital and if I need to be admitted to his hospital I'm thinking maybe it would considered a new admission. I will be talking to my PCP and surgeon pretty soon so will asked what their take is on it. Sad that anyone of us has to try this tactics just to keep from paying for hospital stays that we are paying for each month out of our checks.

Okay, off to KHOLS, Costco and Whole Foods. Did my Ross shopping Tuesday, my marketing last night.. so with this trip I should be really done spending money for awhile.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Hi FM Sibs:
Too much icky going around lately.

Mimi, you've got the grandkids, and I know you worry about them. And about your own children and in-laws. Why do we do that? We're supposed to be taking care of ourselves!!

Linda, I know exactly how you're feeling, and my doc said the same thing, but not in the same words. Mine said, "you need to find a way to relax." I almost snorted! We need to remember that we pay them to take care of us, and they really do have out best interest at heart. And so I knit some more"026

The lady from Lowe's was here, you should have seen her face when she saw my kitchen! She started talking about demo'ing the rest of the walls, bringing the electrical and plumbing up to code, putting in a new sub-floor"026 THEN she pointed out the new mold growth! Plus she said we shouldn't be living here, since there's no working kitchen. I was exhausted when she left! I'm getting in touch with my adjuster this afternoon for a status report. Fingers crossed!

I hope you're having the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I am a heck of a lot better today. I slept poorly yet woke up better than I have all week. My back is about 80% better. I went to my Dr. appt. anyhow to go over things. My back issues are changing as the years go by. He said "you are worried that you will have something bad happen and you won't be able to work" I said, "yep". He said things look ok, just some arthritis that was noted in my last x-ray 6 months ago. I asked to switch me to a different muscle relaxer as well. I have been getting a twitchy left leg whenever I take Flexeril. He switched me to another, I forget the name but I will pick it up tomorrow.

This weekend we are going to the twin cities to visit the Science Museum. We are headed down early Saturday morning and coming home Sunday. It is supposed to be 70 here and 80 down there, not too shabby.

Mimi, I think you are right. We all strive for the same thing.

Linda R, it sounds like you have a great Rheumy. I think we can all relate to fibro feeding on negative emotions. I hope you can find ways to relax and feel better.

Lou, let us know how it went with the adjuster. I hope you don't have more setbacks.

To all, thanks for listening when I need someone to.

Here is hoping you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, I'm tired just reading with all you are dealing with! Was there any truth to new mold growth? If you think she may be on to something new growing I am guessing you'll want the mold removing company back for a recheck.

And I hope that the adjuster comes back quickly and you are able to get things set up for the remodel and get you kitchen back to working order and looking beautiful quickly!

And as for my Rheumy's lack of real understanding of what I am dealing with. Yes doctors forget we pay them, it's their job to help us when we are under the gun.. but alas NO just words no real sympathies. File that under UGH :'( I wish I knew how to knit.

Hope your today is better than your yesterday! <3

Gentle hugs, Linda

mnjeepguy replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Oh geeze, I misunderstood part of that. Perhaps I need to take up knitting as well.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.