Skip to content
Sunday *****5/25/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we are having nice weather today. It was a nice day to work yesterday, had some cool breezes and the sun was NOT that hot. I was really glad since we wanted to finish this deck project. So now we have only the clean up and getting the tools and things that were used back in place. I am sure my DD and her DH will enjoy this deck now. It looks really nice. Yesterday my DH and SIL were debating on the door. They had an idea but then I thought about it and decided to give them my idea as well. They decided to go with my idea and it turned out really nice. There are times when women know best....regardless of what some men think. I continue to think that there should be more women to make decisions about what it going on everywhere. Our country is in need of some good decisions and since most of them have been made by men forever, it is time to allow women to be more involved. This is just my own opinion.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I think I am going to rest up now, after being up and about too much yesterday.
(I actually expected this though).

Again I see we have had lots of new traffic here. So sad that so many people are seeking ways to help them cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. This support group is a good place though and I hope each of you will find some good *tools* to try. Welcome to our support group. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* and the discussions that Dr. P shared with us. I do miss Dr. P. He was such a great asset here.

Vitamin D. I am beginning to think that there are lots of people who do not absorb enough of the Vitamin D, which is really a hormone and not really a vitamin. It seems that there are lots of people who have issues with low Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I think that once our Vitamin D gets so low and just getting some sunshine can NOT get our level back in line within the *normal range*. (this is my own opinion after doing my own research about Vitamin D)....I think that people should do their own research about Vitamin D and figure out how much to take. I know that it took me a long time to get my level back up to within the *low range*, from 12. I am not quite sure that even the doctors realize how long and how much Vitamin D is needed to restore our levels and keep them where they need to be.

I hope each of you will also remember those who have served our country and their families as well. I do think a lot of people take these people for granted and that we need to remember them often. So many people have given their lives for our country, so that we can be protected.

Have a good Sunday....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

Got alot done yesterday, the weather was not with me though.

No sun, major clouds then thunder in the distance....it was holding me back a bit. My DS came over to lug the old rug from the patio so I canpower wash it. NEW one goes in place as soon as they fix the cement issues. The old one will be cut by me and fit to the pool deck* (nice idea to reuse something). The pool deck is brown stained wood and it GETS HOT in July and August go a soft muticolored rug in beige and green will look and feel great.
I have to trial to see it doesn't hold water on the wood and rot it though.

I was with the girls last night. A bit of tension with the sisters but "nana" figured a distraction and all was well in the world. One was out in there jammies on bikes riding and me walking with them.

That was ok then, today I am beat. All I own is talking to me. **This is a down day". Not going to do much.

Remembering to drink my water was tough. I got 3 bottles in during the outside work and 2 at the DS's house. It is becoming the thing I watch the most. At work I am not hydrating like I used to.

The sun is out now and it looks beautiful here in NY. I heard that it can be in the 80's. So I have that graduation in Connecticut to go to later. Bringing my suit (just in case) I am also in charge of the **bubble machine, the BRAVE book with toys in the back and the princess friends(little statues) that I have.

Nana's have alot of jobs!

OK, looking to pace today so it is perfect. Ha! Hoping to sit and talk the whole day...that will be the muscles used!

FOR THE NEWBIES:

As Mimi guided, please look in resources and the right panel for more information about this challenge we have. Remembering as a newbie, we are never not in pain, it is just turned down a notch or quite a few notches so you can have a life.

I feel that when we are out of health, everything you do then should be to get back in. What you eat, what you drink and the supplements you choose. It is not all found in a pill and no instant fix.

The doctor as your partner then takes the rest, tuning you up as best he can. Try to remember when starting a med to start real slow and give it a week or two before you raise it or say it isn't for you. We seem to show side effects when other do not. Better to be on a small dose to jump off than moved to a big one and wean off when you are not feeling right.

It may be too, like me who needs only 12.5mg of Savella a day to be better. When other use 50mg twice a day. We are all different and less is more in my book. Good luck to the newbies as they figure themselves out.

Hugs for a better day today.
Mimi congrats on the deck! You guys left a legacy forever!
Sunshine for all, I hope......................Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.