Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heart
peace32 posted:
Hi all! Have a question. Has anyone had fibromyalgia increase a resting heart rate? Mine is sitting between 115 to 120. I'm not sure if it could have something to do with the fibromyalgia or if it's something completely different?

booch007 responded:
Good mornng,

We have had other Fmily members complain of this and were not given it as a FM thing. Check you meds if this is new.

Get your thyroid checked for "thyroid storm". There is also a condition called P O T S. This is postural orthostatic tachycardic syndrome and it tortured the hell out of a member here years ago. There is another of bypass tracts in the heart that are quiet until you are older and then the heart energy decides to use this path rather than the normal route of impulse in top of heart -delay box- lower chamber. It gets in this other tissue and *bypasses the delay box...this speeds up the heart. (easy fix)

If you are diabetic and your sugars are running low it will raise your heart rate. Diabetics also run into autonomic nervous sytem changes in time.

That is surely NOT a resting heart rate and you should be seen. Your internist should refer you to cardiology to follow this up. You are not short of breath or fatigued with activity?
I am tired just thinking of this. I am a 48-52 heart rate most of the time. When we added savella my heart rate rose to 80 and it was uncomfortable for me. The med I was on for my B/P is now gone and the heart rate is rising again and I am uncomfortable....

Seeing the cardiologist on Thursday, I want to add another med as I am not losing the Savella 12.5mg, it is the bow on the box of my meds. So you see it is risk and benefit. I benefit too much from the savella to take it out.

Please bring this to the MD's, it is not good for the heart to be racing at this rate. Normal HR is 60-90. With workout it will rise but it needs to return to baseline with rest. You are to tachy. It takes alot of energy for the heart to maintain this rate.

So, thyroid check is first in my mind and a cardiogram to be sure it is not an abnormal rhythm from another site in the heart. Then see cardio for full work up. Hope this is an easy reset. and you are in a better place.

Research says that some of our issues is adrenal fatigue, so that again goes against FM causing this. We seem to all want to blame our dragon for the crazy things that happen to us in life.

OK, I ramble with all of this and I don't know you, your age, medical story or overall health. So disclaimer.......I say get to the PMD and check this out, it is not normal. Most common is your thyroid is changing.

Good luck and keep us up to date on the findings. You teach all when you share your path.
P.s.: My field is cardiology for 35 years now and we see this.

Nancy B R.N.

peace32 replied to booch007's response:
Thank you. I am very tired a lot. I go through spells of coughing when bouts of taking a deep breath. And sometimes I get a sharp pain.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.