Skip to content
Monday, Memorial Holiday ******5/26/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Memorial Holiday 2014.....MiMi in NC. I hope each of you will have a good day. I guess not all people have today as a holiday. My DD and her DH had to work. I do hope each of you will remember those who are serving or have served our country. These people are important and so are their families. They go through a lot for all of us. The put their lives on the line to help protect our country.

It is going to be a nice day here. I am hoping the pollen will get better soon. Every morning I had issues with my eyes still and have to take my pill. It takes about an hour for it to start working. I only take it every 24 hours. I am not sure though that it works for 24 hours on me. I can certainly tell it does work.

DH and I finished the deck for our DD. I have to pick up a heavy latch for the gate. We have to gather the left overs for pick up.
My DD had an old umbrella that she was going to wash off. She picked it up and there were 2 snakes in it. I guess they thought they had found a new home. She threw it down and they headed for the woods. Not a good thing. So it is going to the dump as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find some good *tools* that will improve your journey each day with dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time and effort, as there are no magic pills which work for us all. You have to find what works for someone else and try it yourself. Eventually you will find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better.

Check out the *tips* and *resources* section here and be sure and read the *member toolbox and *Dr P's discussions as well. (Dr. P is no longer here - but his discussions are and he provided us with some good info).

Vitamin D. Be sure and talk to your doctor about getting this checked. I encourage all new members to get this done as soon as possible. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. SO VERY IMPORTANT.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Monday. Enjoy some sunshine, if you can and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. You are right, today is not a Holiday for some. U used to work all holidays including Christmas when my kids were young. I feel for those who work today. It is a day to remember those who served and have served for our country. No matter if I agree with our governments decisions I support our troops.

It is supposed to be a second day in the 80's here. We were in the twin cities until yesterday morning. On the long drive home it was about 80 degrees until we dropped down the hill in to Duluth you could still see ice in the harbor! It seemed wrong. Once down just the temp dropped to 60 where the wind was coming off the lake. All my joints started yelling at me. It quickly rose again just a few miles ahead.We are 23 miles up the shore and at home it was back up to 84.

We had a great trip. The Science Museum was very interesting with lots of interactive exhibits for the kids to try. I have never seen so many fossils either. In addition the weather was perfect, and we drove the right way at the right time. Traffic was minimal. I have lots of big city anxiety and none of it was bad at all.

Yesterday we had a bbq with the friends we traveled with. It was a good day to just relax and get some sun. I swear every bud on the trees just appeared a week ago and they all opened yesterday. The pollen is up here now. I even mowed the grass the first time. I hope the allergies are kind to me this season. Mine are completely random. Some years are horrible, some years I have almost no symptoms. We will see what the season brings.

Here is hoping you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.