Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ******5/28/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day....yes, it is Hump Day....at the end of the month. June is right around the corner with summer getting closer. MiMi in NC where it has already felt like summertime weather. Just wondering how hot it might be. We had thunder showers yesterday and my furbabies did not like them at all. I ended up giving them a calm down pill which did help some. Any sort of loud noise bothers them both. And actually these are expected the rest of the week. I am glad that we got finished with the clean up of the old deck. The only thing left to do is to put on a bolt for the gate. I got one but due to the weight of the gate, it is not big enough.

Here is hoping each of you had a good holiday week-end and a good Tuesday as well. A lot of activities going on. School will soon be dismissed for the summer break. I think this is the longest it has been held, which is due to cold weather days which had not been scheduled. It will be the middle of June before it is over with....but that is only a bit over 2 weeks now.

Time has passed by quickly again for 2014. My GS was not happy that most of his classmates in preschool will be entering kindergarten next year. His birthday is in Sept so he will have another year of preschool before going. He will be one of the older students. Actually his brother will be the same with his birthday in November.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. We are growing again....with lots of new traffic on this support site. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. What works for one person may or may not help you. You have to figure out what helps you which does take time and effort.

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important to me as well. Each person must learn their own body and figure out how much they can do before they cross their line. I know that when I do it takes me a couple of days to recover. There are times when I think we all do too much, possibly just trying to get the things done that we need to do. It is true though that when this happens, we will surely pay for doing it. It is a matter of choices and consequences.

Most people have no clue how the wrath of the dragon affects our daily journey of life each and every day. Those who go down the same path though do understand exactly what we go through. It is good to know that there are other people who truly understand.

Vitamin D. Again my favorite tip. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is also important to keep tabs on this as well. Each year you should remind your doctor to be sure and check it to make sure your level is within the *normal range*.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and All to follow!
We had a nice weekend, went down to Florida to visit my in laws. When I"m down there hubby & I walk on the beach every morning. Hubby is a great support now--he has changed so much lately! He helped me be sure I did not walk too far for my 'limit' and that I could sit down a little on a bench on the way home. He is encouraging me to get a little more exercise but not too much. He is also interested in what meds I use. I am finding now I have a good amount of energy from morning til afternoon. After that fatigue starts to set in. I wish I could get more as I have things I want to do!! I'm hoping to find a way to push it a bit more.
My pain level is very good now. I have pain from my SI joint problem--which was difficult with all the driving and being in airplane over weekend--but it did not bother me walking at all. So I do not at all need a cane and I can get out of my bed and chairs very easily. I hope this continues.

My knees were a problem recently but resting them seems to have done the trick pretty quickly.

I'm not sure if this is cymbalta helping me or the higher dose of gabapentin. I know that taking aleeve again has made a big difference in my hip area and SI joints. I'm not using celebrex currently. I did try turmeric for a couple weeks and I know JR said to wait 6-8 weeks but I gave in and used aleeve and it worked fast and I just don't want to wait so long for pain relief that may or may not happen. So I gave up on it.

Perhaps when/if the day comes I cannot use NSAIDS at all--I will be more willing to go with the turmeric again.

We have what looks like a hot day coming here. There was rain and thunder and hail when I was gone--my daughter says.

My chihuahua found an escape route on the deck steps so I have just placed some concrete blocks on the steps. He is next door currently playing with the neighbor dogs while my german shepherd barks at the fence. Poor guy, he wants to play too. Anyhow I am waiting, he won't come to me, but I know he will be on the porch soon and I will let him in and his adventures will be over with the blocks. Grandkids come for Granny daycare soon. My grand-daughter has a Sept. B-day too- so I know what you mean Mimi, her little friend is going to K-4 and she won't be able to. I am the preschool for her right now--I hope she can go to somewhere with kids part time soon--as I know she wants to. Her folks need to find the money and have a plan for that. Meanwhile I'm looking for ideas to help her keep learning. Not hard to do as little ones are 'learning machines' they want to learn! And love any kind of interaction with an adult. My days are very full with the little ones now here M-Fri.

Well hope you all have a lovely day!
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Happy Hump Day!

Cold and dreary here, 51? and they're saying rain in a little while. YUCK! It was close to 80 Monday, what the heck, Mom Nature??

On days like this I feel like I'm the only one with FM, I feel so crummy, which is why I'm grateful for all of you. we're in this fight together, and I'm glad we're all here to get help and give help when we can. I've been in such a fog lately, I've been losing things - my favorite fleece among them. AAARGH!

I too am a September baby, but the 'deadline' for turning 6 was October 1, so I started first grade at 5, and always thought I was the youngest in the class. I found out not too long ago that a classmate was born in January - and she didn't turn 6 until the January AFTER we started! Apparently, wherever she started, they took you if Mom or Dad said he/she should go!!

This week's parade of people looking at the kitchen has started.I found out Lowe's charges $75 for a quote, but you get it back if you hire them. I'm not going to get just one quote, bc if I hire someone else,I won't see that $75! I have a couple independent contractors coming, maybe I'll go to Home Depot later.

I wish you all comfortable days and the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's chilly here to but the day warmed up to 65. This morning it was 60 downstairs so I had to turn the heat on. It was just too cold. The AC was on just a few days ago. It will be in the 60's for quite a while now.

it was a decent day. I am not sure why but pain was higher. Hopefully by tomorrow I am a little better as the day will be a lot tougher. I am sure it won't be anything I can't handle, but it's a lot easier when the body cooperates.

Mimi, both of my boys were born in August. We gave them 2 years of preschool as well. They just were not quite ready and it helped them both better prepare. I am glad we did what we did.

Mary, I am very happy for you that your DH is more supportive and involved in your care. It's something we all need.

Lou, hope you are staying warm and feeling better. I do not like abrupt changes in the weather of any kind. They always seem to hurt.

To all, I hope you have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.