Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ******5/29/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is supposed to get a bit cooler for a couple of days but some places will also have scattered showers as well. The temps have been going up and down somewhat this spring. It is interesting that part of our spring has been like summertime as well.

The 1st graders are having their awards day this morning so I am going to meet my DD to go to this. They are also having a picnic I hope the showers do not mess this event up for them.

Not too much planned today. I got my hair cut yesterday and had to rest up after doing that. It is sad when we FMers must pick and choose what things we do and then wonder just how much we will have to rest up before being able to do something else. But it is what it is.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

It does take time and effort to figure out just what might make a difference for each of us. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on though until we land on the right combination of tools that work.

I hope today each of you can enjoy some warm sunshine which is a good form of getting some natural Vitamin D. I know how good this makes me feel but I also think that if our level is low enough that it takes more than sunshine every day to bring the level back up to within the *normal level*....for those who can not take the Vitamin D soft gels, they do have liquid form of D as well. I don't know if this would make a difference or not, but it would certainly be work a try. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Thursday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
TGI"026Thursday!

Another cool one today, 62? now and sunny. I'm looking forward to getting out this afternoon, maybe I'll head to the outlets and walk..

Yesterday, in the cold and rain, I dragged myself to Home Depot. They are a one-stop shopping trip! I spent 1.5 hours there with two people in the kitchen department, telling our story, showing the pictures, and getting sympathy. Their lead contractor is coming over the weekend, which he doesn't usually do, but it's such a large project. I've started a list of everything that needs to be done - O"026 M"026 G! I'm a graphic designer by training, and I know nothing about how to get this kind of together, so I'm relying on friends to guide me!!

One of my nieces posted a prom pic on Facebook yesterday. I know she graduated from high school last year, and wondered if her college has a prom. No, I was told she has a new boyfriend, and it's HIS prom. They grow up so fast"026 I chuckle at the graduation ceremonies from every grade, and I worry that these kids will expect a ceremony for every little thing when they grow up.

The magnesium doesn't seem to be helping but I said I'd give it a chance to take hold. Does anyone else take it, and what are your experiences? I seem to be having more pain, and muscle spasms, especially in my legs. Not happy! ;-(

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....I wanted to tell you that it does take time for the Magnesium to work. I do not know what kind you are taking but I take Magnesium Malate by Source Naturals that I get from the vitamin store. You should allow at least 6-8 weeks for it to start working like it should.

You said you are having muscle spasms in the legs. Are these like cramps or Charlie horses? I take a potassium for mine. Sometimes I forget to take it and I also have issues with my legs too.

So I am sure you have some idea what kind of kitchen you want. When I remodeled my kitchen I got a double oven installed....and a cooking stove top as well. I did not get a dishwasher. Some days I wish I had one and other times I don't. I also bought a pantry type cabinet since I did away with my pantry closet area. My kitchen is small and I thought I would have enough cabinets since I actually had more put in than I had before. I don't think I could ever have enough cabinet space though. Before my kitchen area also was the dining area as well, so it was really crowded. When I remodeled though I put in a separate dining area and a den combination. I went from a very small kitchen table to a large dining room table....as we keep growing though, it will soon be too little as well.

Anyway...I sure hope that you figure all of this out soon. I hope your insurance company will cover most of the expense for you as well.

I agree with you on the ceremonies that they have these days. Children tend to expect too much as it is. I have 4 friends who have children or grandchildren who are graduating this year. I guess it will be a card with some money for them. I have no idea what they like. Money or a gift card should work and it is an easy fix for me also.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I am sitting in my chair looking at a beautiful night sky. It's not a bad view One of our cats is staring out looking for anything that moves.

It was not a bad day today. I woke feeling better than when I went to bed. My day of crawling around could have been worse. It was warm but not too bad in the mill. It's nice having all of the big garage doors open letting fresh air in now. The only negative is that I am starting to have some allergy issues. It's mostly the eyes though and I can usually make it until the afternoon without it driving me crazy.

I was taking Flexeril as needed for years, for my back. I was having issues with my left leg getting restless when I took it, just the one leg. My Dr. switched me to Balcofen. I had never heard of it. It is used for MS and spinal injury patients. I only need it on occasion. I looked it up and it more of a daily med that takes a month or more to work, and you are not supposed to stop suddenly. This is kind of puzzling to me but I took it yesterday and last night only. It seemed to help and I woke less sleepy, no restless leg either. I take only 1/2 tab, 5mg. At first I thought it was from a lack of potassium. I ate dried apricots and bananas but it was the Flexeril.

I sold my beloved old truck the other day to a gentleman who appreciated the very shiny 17 year old Chevy. I owned it free and clear and it was still worth a bit. I keep my cars as clean as they are in a showroom most of the time. With the DW going back to school I decided to sell it if I could get a fair price, well I did. He paid cash on Memorial day. I called him today because I found a remote for the radio in it. He lives on the other end of my block. I walked down and gave it to him and he had something for me, Lifeproof case for my I-phone 4. He had no use for it. They sell for about $80! That is why I didn't have one. They make the phone waterproof and completely sealed. I guess he liked the truck enough to think of me.

Lou, I am sure you are hurting more than normal with all of this stress, even if you are doing things to help. I am sure it would be worse if you did not. I hope you feel better.

I have no big plans for this weekend, just relax and go fishing Saturday morning with my youngest. It is supposed to rain the rest of it. I hope you all sleep well and have a great Friday! Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.