Skip to content
TGIF*****5/30/2014 *****End of May
dollbug posted:
TGIF*** FMily.....well, we have reached the end of May, almost.
MiMi in NC where it is cloudy with scattered showers expected. It is supposed to get cooler for a few days and next week will be more like springtime weather. Weird weather for sure.

I woke up too darn early again this morning....but I was able to go back to sleep. Woke up again though and did NOT feel much better when I did. It is going to be a long day for me today since I have a lot to do. I have decided that on days when I do things it takes me the next day to recoup from what I did the day before. Not a good thing at all. I am trying to rest and watch what I do but this does not always work either.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good Friday, with little to no pain. I think this is what we all try to achieve each and every day....ways to prevent us from having to deal with the pain. I continue to try to find something which will make a difference in the fatigue that I have every day as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that you will find some good info here. Be sure and read the *tips* and *resources* as well as the *member toolbox*....you can also search for Dr. P and find some very good and interesting posts which he provided us with when he was here. He also knows exactly what we are dealing with as he, too, got hit with this illness while he was in college and has treated lot of patients as well as learning how to cope with it himself.

Vitamin D. I would also encourage those who have not gotten this checked to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this done. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. There is lots of good info right here on WebMD.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more might be a good start for those of you who are just getting started in learning about how to deal with FM. Keeping a daily journal might also help you figure out what affects the way you feel. A lot of us have other health issues as well. Not all things though are related to FM....which is sometimes hard to figure out as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Friday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday, everyone!

We had a nice day yesterday, and we're expecting the same today, maybe a little rain this afternoon. I got out, went to the local outlet mall and walked and walked and walked! I bought nothing (felt a little guilty, but oh well), did some window shopping. I could use a couple pairs of new sneakers, I guess I'll have to go back! LOL

The 'muscle spasms' are really really sore spots more like knots. I've extended the stretching routine I do before getting out of bed in the morning, trying to make them go away. The sorest places are the outsides of my thighs and calves.

Lowe's has a great tool on their website called "Virtual Room Designer". Home Depot has one too, but Lowe's is SO much better, and they were designed by the same company! I have the whole thing laid out, within a few inches anyway, with the colors I want for the cabinets, floor and countertops. I'm excited to be moving forward again. And I've made that list of "Stuff We Need Done" - it's longer than I thought, but I'd rather cross off than have to add to it! DH wants the microwave over the stove, I'm concerned taking hot think out at eye level, but I can live with it.

I'm looking forward tho the weekend, as most of us are. Some sun, some relaxation, some ice cream - my needs are that simple. Even the threat of rain won't make me feel bad!

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend- you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....so happy that you have figured this out with your kitchen. It does take time and some thinking to figure out all of the little things, along with the big things as well.

I got stressed last night since DH got a call and he has to work the evening shift....but it all worked out. He was able to get the truck's oil changed and alignment done too. He then came back and was able to give one of our dogs a bath. I was really dreading this. He then helped hold one of my dogs so that I could trim nails. The other one is going to go to the vet for some surgery. So they both needed baths. Their fur is short but one of them is really *mean* about getting anything done....(he is the male, so this doesn't exactly surprise me) I needed it done today and thought I would have to fight with him to get this done. So things actually worked out better.

Sometimes, I think we allow ourselves to worry and get stressed over things which we don't really have to do. I know I find myself in this position a lot.

I am glad things worked out for you. (and me too)

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Hi all...so glad there are only a couple of weeks left of school. This extra job...well, I hope it is worth the money..it is exhausting..then I come home to problems with dad...sometimes I can only be pulled in so many directions...well, I am hanging in there...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece- will be praying for you, I know how it is to be pulled too many directions and it is not good for you with fibro at all. Lou-- I have some really bad muscles in my upper legs now and stretch and stretch and stretch to no avail. I think like so many areas eventually it will go away, (hope) that has been the way my fibro goes usually. Hope it works that way for you too.
Mimi--i was stressed to find out hubby is not coming home this weekend, had things I need him to do--but I guess in another way perhaps it is a little less stress too-- as once I take my grands home I have the rest of the weekend alone and can rest. babysitting 5 days now is more taxing and I have not done any of the things 'I' enjoy like my artwork.
So perhaps this is good. Also---if i'm not too tired out by hubby on saturday, maybe I can make it to church sunday for once.
Mary

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, will also be happy for you when the school term ends there. You do need a rest. You have been going in four directions at once and hopefully with a month or so off from the one job you will be able to adjust and recoup.

I know it just can't be easy dealing with so much and I do know it's a lot. I hope that by summer's end you will have gotten all the eye's dotted and T's crossed dealing with their daily health and care issues so you can get back to your life and a fairly normal next Fall. I hope that you are able to find a place that will be wonderful for your parents or a care giver, or 2, that will be really good with them and the burden of their care is lifted off your shoulders and that the much needed help for them will make your life as their daughter much easier.

Sending gentle hugs your way, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.