Skip to content
Sunday - 6/1/2014 ***** Better late than never *****
dollbug posted:
Hello FMily, MiMi in NC where I am just now able to get on the computer....having issues with this. So don't worry if I do NOT post like I have been. I guess eventually I will figure this out. Anyway, I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope you have a restful and peaceful night tonight.

The weather in NC is weird again. Don't know about the weather and what it does or does not do. Stranger things can happen I guess.

I had an eventful day today. Think I might have pushed past my limit. I think we all can relate to this. Climbed a hill that perhaps I should not have. It did not look that bad but when you do not have a good leg to stand on, then things can get bad fast. I guess I will learn a lesson though. A person does need 2 good knees in order to do any sort of steep walking.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that you will find this a good group of FMers who will answer any and all questions about what they have found that makes a difference in their journey each day. I know that I now use *vitamins and supplements and other tools which do the trick for me as for my FM pain. The chronic fatigue though is another story.....since I have not found anything which has made a difference for me yet. But I still have not given up as I do happen to think there must be *something* that will improve it as well. I just have to figure out what it is.

Vitamin D. I guess this above about anything else is what I continue to push.....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (I know this has made a difference for me and I think it is something that anyone with any sort of chronic pain should be sure and do).....you should speak to your doctor about getting this checked. It is a simple blood test BUT you must ASK the doctor to run it, since it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do.

That's all for now.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. You body will thank you,

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening Mimi, it's not too late. I am here late almost every time. It is foggy and cool here. We had ten days without rain so we were due. There was talk of big thunder storms all weekend. We had good slow soaking rain and no thunderstorms at all yet. It was just wet enough to stay inside for the most part.

Today I took it fairly easy, the humidity and cooler temps always get to me a bit. I needed a project though so I borrowed my good cousin's garage for a couple hours and did some work on the Jeep. Afterwards I came home and relaxed over coffee with the DW. My brother came over and picked up a pile of wood I gave him that was sitting in the yard. I was hoping to get rid of it soon so that worked out perfect.

Mimi, sorry you are hurting today. I understand the knee thing. Off and on my left is pretty bad. It can make and grade a painful endeavor. I hope you are resting it now.

I finally enabled Skype on my laptop. It is pretty nice to be able to have a video call with her folks in Texas. We all get along very well. It will be nice to see them when they come up around the 4th of July. They will stay with us, witch can be somewhat stressful in our little house, but well worth it to see them.

I do hope you all had a good day and are not suffering the wrath of the dragon. I also hope you have a wonderful evening. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.