Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday - 6/2/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. I am still having issues with the computer. I guess when one is use to being able to access computers whenever they take a notion to do so we seem to take thing for granted. I know that I certainly do. And then when there is a problem with doing so, then we stop and think about what we could do before there were problems. One would think that with all of todays modern day technology that there would not be a lot of issues.....and perhaps somewhere there are NOT a lot to deal with. But anyway....here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day today, with little to no pain.

The weather is nice and cool. Who would have thought in June this would take place. I guess spring time has returned somewhat. Funny weather,

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. It seems like we are getting lots of new posts from people seeking answers to what is going on with the health issues that they are facing. I am sure that you will find some good info here, Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. If you don't find what you are looking for then be sure and post your questions and comments here. This group is a good support group and we have lots of members who have been here for a long time and are willing to share what we have all learned together about dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D. I do encourage those of you who have NOT gotten the doctor to check this to do so as soon as you possibly can. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain (who needs more) and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (it is better to be safe than sorry).....I am still thinking that when our level gets low that there is no way the sun can bring it back up to within the normal range and keep it there.....I do think taking supplements and quite a bit of them is the only way some people can do this. I also wonder it there is another reason why our level got so very low to begin with. Absorption just might be a problem for some people. I think it is for me since I have been taking P5P for my lower back pain. (this is only a process form of Vitamin B 6 which allows the body to use what it needs.

Soaking up some sun though is definitely good on the body as long as a person does not get too much at one time. The warm sun rays seem to be a good thing for me.

Drinking plenty of water and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important as well. A person must learn when to stop and rest and now cross our line....which is sometimes hard for us to know exactly where our line is. I do know though that when we do cross the line....well, for me it takes a day or to recover.

Eventually though we do learn....and sometimes it is the hard way. And it can also be tough to remember the next time the occasion rising.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Monday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Monday, Monday.....so good to me.
Is that how it went, that song? I took off today, so glad I did. I had workers here yesterday...all day and that makes me* keep going too.

THEY PUT TOGETHER THE RAISED GARDEN BOXES I WANTED!

That was all I asked for, for my birthday present. They look great. I built a metal arbor I found in K Mart and it is just as I pictured it. NO MORE BENDING for weeds or the vegetables.

The dirt is being delivered today! I am busy with preparing for the BarBQ Party the guys have planned for me. "Don't worry Mom...you don't have to do anything!" Yeah right.

Coolers, the tents, the pool, the house...the little deck needs staining. Flowers need planting and potting. Anyway, I am PACING through it all and getting it nice for company.

I thought I was going to share with you all that I got shingles again. It would have been right as the stres and push I have put on myself. But it turns out that last Monday my DH massaged my back with my SOMBRA lotion (capsacian cream) and he had been working in the yard like me............

"He massaged poison ivy all over my back and neck!!

I am struggling now as I itch and then hurt.....now that I know it is poison ivy, I will use cortisone cream. Cripes, it is always something.
The weather is beautiful 54* right now and I guess 70's later..I'll take it for as long as we can have it. Here is hoping you are all doing better and have a plan in place for relief.

I read a note that said "she was so sick of hearing exercise will make you all better" I agree it is such a trigger for more pain. But stretching and walking and using your muscles is so important. This is where Mimi is asking for Pacing....like burst use. Do a project and rest afterward....push the envelope and rest after that.

It is the damndest thing this mess we are in.

Good day for all of you I hope. Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi, Nancy and to all that will follow. I hope your weekend was a good one and that your today is fibro issue and pain free.

It's going to be 80 here with a chance of rain. Very typical of summer.They say rain chances all this week and into next week, each day, but the days well be warm so I'll take um.

Good news about my sister and her daughter. My sister only has the one cancer site and the hysterectomy will make it One And Done. And my niece as well with only the one cancer site and they will do the removal of the breasts and during the same operation do the reconstruction. She will come out looking better than when she went as they as they will be taking stomach tissue ( skin ) and using that to reconstruct her breast so her tummy will look really flat. God does answer prayers. I'm so happy for them.

DH has been home on vacation since last Wednesday and it's been really nice to have him here. Like Nancy we've been busy making the back yard nice for an event, but for us it's for Father's day. We plan to have the girls and grand children over for a meal and family time, so we've been making the back yard more park like for the children with more flowers and chairs and benches to sit on.

And as luck would have it DH bought a beautiful teak wood sitting bench from work last week . It was special ordered online by a customer, picked up in a box, un assembled, and it was missing the bracing pieces. The customer took it back and the store ordered a new one for them. The store put the un assembled bench in the back to be destroyed but DH asked if he could buy it. They sold it to him at a deeply discounted price. Original price 199. DH made the bracing pieces it needed and now it's outside in my back yard, ready for Father's Day.

Right now DH is at the GM dealership getting my ION's ignition switch replaced, because of the recall, with a new one that GM said is good. Let's hope. And I am hoping to get a check cut today to reimburse me for the 460 cost for the one that's in there now that I replaced a few years ago. I have only the receipt for the instillation of it by the lock smith. Not the receipt from the Saturn dealership for the purchase of the ignition switch because Saturn's out of business.

Speaking of buying things. DH and I bought a new 4 door refrigerator last week. Our's, only 5 years old side by side GE, was acting up all the time, ice and water stopped working, it was leaking water from one corner, temps would go from too hot to cold and it was making a real grinding sound when we opened one of it's doors. We had the GE guy out here just 5 months ago to fix it and even with the new parts it was not working right. So we tossed in the towel and bought a new one and to our surprise when we moved the old fridge out the floor in one corner was burned black and the flooring was cracked and lifting. The generator was heating up and had we not gotten the new one and moved the old one out when we did we'd never have know how close we came to having the house catch on fire. An OMG moment.

MiMi, I know this new technology is a catch 22. It causes stress and issues that we'd never have had without it, but it allows us access to so much helpful, useful, important information that we'd never have had without it. I know that I'm addicted to my smart phone. DH is too now that he has one. Being a Baby Boomer, for us, it's a wonderful toy that we can pick up anytime and have fun with. A real conundrum.

Nancy, I am so sorry about the poison ivy. That's just so sad to hear. I do hope that you begin to feel better very quickly.
And your yard sounds as though it will be just gorgeous!
Cory, hi, hope all is well with you and that your enjoying the warmer weather.

Will close this here as I have a doctor's appointment in a bit. One of my bi yearly's, UGH
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday All!

It's 77? right now, but going up to 80?. If it's dry I'll open some windows and let the fresh air in. we did that yesterday, and I was So sleepy last night. till not sleeping through the night, but it's a start!

More kitchen people coming today and tomorrow. this afternoon it's the Mold people to look at the th new area. I hope to find out soon what we're talking about $$-wise. I want this show on the roaad.

MiMi, I know what you're saying about the newcomers. We're trying to help but don't know what they've been through already. I hope they will be patient with us, as we're trying to be helpful. I wish they'd join and not be anonymous.

Nancy, poison ivy, so sorry! I can't imagine what that's like. If it's like shingles, is there something 'They" can give you, or are you on your own?

Linda, SO glad your sister and niece are going to be ok. Cancer is scary. That teak bench sound nice, I need to dig some chairs out from under the kitchen-packed boxes for the patio. DH isn't crazy about them, but I can't take the dog out and sit on the ground much longer!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

booch007 replied to katmandulou's response:
Morning Kat,
There is help for both. I am having someone look at it today as it isn't blistering like poison Ivy, so now thinking it is a reaction to the capsacian (sombra lotion) I have had that bottle a long time........

I wish I could see my own back (why can't our heads spin!)
My GD took a phone picture for me and it was early on, also hard to really see. I am thinking a few prednisone pills for 3 days might get me out of this. The itch was crazy last night...

OK, hope your mold disappears soon and the cost is not too high. I just had septic back up and rain is gettinginto the foundation and in basement........owning a home is aot of work. It need constant tending....

Good day for you missy......sun s hining I hope. Nancy

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.