Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wednesday *** Hump Day *** June 4, 3014
katmandulou posted:
Hi Everyone!

Mimi was stressed tester, and I figure she's recovering today, so I'll start the check-in! It's raining here, grey and 59°. The past few days were beautiful, so we're due of a little wet weather.

Here at The Manse, the kitchen is still unfolding. yesterday the Homne Depot guy came by and brought an engineer. I can tell from the looks on everyone's faces as they come in how much trouble we're in. I should have their numbers by the end of the week. Tomorrow ServiceMaster comes back to finish the mold remediation. I don't know why they didn't tear out all the walls when they were here in April, but that's me…

Of course, I've been symptomatic lately, and I know I'm going to crash soon. DH keeps saying how impressed he is that I keep on going. I tell him what I want in the kitchen (maple cabinets with a honey stain, Silestone countertops, bamboo floor, etc) and he keeps saying "whatever you want". One thing he did ask for: the microwave over the stove to save counter space. I guess I can live with that!

Work remains scarce, which is why I have so much time. I'm still working with local non-profits, getting them news coverage for their events and creating beautiful things for my portfolio. I tell people I'm an "unemployed self-employed graphic designer." LOL I've applied for 8 or 9 jibs in the past 2 weeks, and one (ONE!) replied that I didn't fit their needs.

Rem,ember to pace yourselves, if you overdo you'll be overdone for whatever happens next. I took my Vitamin D this morning, and with the rain clouds that'll be the only D I get today. Lack of D can cause muscle pain, so ask your doc to test you!

I wish you all the best HUMP DAY! you can possibly have,
Lou

missist responded:
Hi Lou and all to follow... I overdid alot lately and my allergy/asthma is also in gear. Was not able to sleep last night so I ended up finally eating popcorn I should not have, and resting in recliner to re-runs of House on net flix. Woke up with my neck sort of stressed but also have new muscle issues in my upper arms. grr.

Today G.kids are here, we had a lazy day--if there is such a thing with a 2 and 3 y/o. LOL

they just had fun in the tub and are watching Sesame street now and will be napping when it is over--as will I.

I had some goals of things I dearly wanted done to surprise Hubby this weekend and a LOT of progress is made but I am pooped.

My son-in-law has helped out after work and I'm hoping he can do a few more things today for me.

But I bit off more than I can chew and I guess I will need to be paying for that now.

Geez this never seems to change does it?

LOL.

Well That's OK, I know the drill.

Blessings to all!
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Note to Mimi-- don't know what your stress is currently but I'm sure I am not the only one here who will be praying for you.
Mary

dollbug responded:
Thanks Lou for starting today's post. MiMi in NC....I am quite stressed right now....not to worry though if I do not post on time for a while....I will post to share more when I can. Lou I do hope things get in gear for your new kitchen soon.

Mary, thanks for the prayers. I need all I can get and then soon. I do appreciate them. I hope you will soon feel better soon. I know just how taking care of GC can be.

Here is hoping everyone had a good day today and will also have a good night's rest.....(me included)

Welcome to our new members who have joined recently. I am sure that you will find some good *tools and tips* here.....

Remember to speak to your doctor about Vitamin D....so very important to a lot of people theses days.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

Please excuse any errors that I have made recently on any thing I have shared.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I know I missed a few days, lots going on here. Work has been a little crazy planning for a 12hr downday tomorrow to service equipment Monday and found a pill bottle completely missing from my house. I thought immediately that someone had been there. all of my scripts had been moved around and were out of place. I scoured the place to see if it had fallen or if I was out of sorts and misplaced it, no luck. I called the wife and she had no reason to move it but who else would? I knew a female in the extended family had a problem with pills. She has not been the type to go into peoples homes seeking her fix before.

Well, long story shorter version, this person had been in my house two different times. Once to steel pain pills, the other get info to try and call in a script for my son's ADD meds! We thought it strange my DW's Dr. called us wondering why we requested a fill for him, we talked to the Dr. just a few weeks ago and are not giving it to him for the summer, and possibly not at all if he starts the next year well. The Dr. assumed the pharmacy goofed. After the suspicion of a thief going through my house, we thought maybe we better call the pharmacy. We did and here this woman had called pretending to be my wife! His med is a controlled substance, speed to people without ADD. We have to request the script monthly to fill it, she did not get them. After all of this mess we found that few weeks ago trying to fill someone else's script to steel it. No charges filed then either. It is an ugly mess.

I was so stressed I was ill yesterday. After having a long talk with that woman's DH and my wife, we got stories straight and a plan to get her help. I want to press charges if is not admitted. I was also told in one day she called 17 dentists to find pain meds. No one could take her in that day. I could go right to the police out of anger, but this is what addiction does to people who were once good. I know addiction, it is rampant in my family. I have been fortunate enough to not have that kind of a personality, many around me do so I am extra cautious. Everyone deserves a chance to get better.

I am doing ok, much more relieved today. Yesterday I also had PT for my back to try and keep it in one piece. I have early arthritic changes in my vertebrae. I learned several new stretches and will have to go back once or twice to evaluate. I hope it helps, it has not been good lately. I still have to figure out how to seal up my security here at home. I feel violated, the house, and our trust with this person.

I do hope you all are doing well, Mimi, I hope your stress is gone. Lou, I hope you get a much needed kitchen and not more delays. Mary, glad you got to rest today. To all, take care and have a great night.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Gosh, it seems as if everyone is overdoing the stressors in some form or other. Lou is immersed in her kitchen renovation, Mary is having all kinds of fun (the kinds we pay for later) with her grandchildren, MiMi is really in over her head, and Cory is dealing with both work issues and the fact that a family member has abused trust and stolen medication both from his home and through the doctor and pharmacy.

Lucky me, my only excuse for not posting is that my right hip is screaming anytime I sit or change position in any way. I'm getting an MRI on Friday and seeing the orthopedist next week. Looking at the plain X-rays the arthritic changes seem too insignificant to replace the hip. From the pain level, it seems to be at least as bad as the left hip was when it was replaced in 2005. We'll see.

And I'm getting off my aching seat!

Try to take some deep breaths. Open your bag of tricks. Do the things that you know help you. As for me, the docs added some oxycontin to the fentanyl patches, but the pain is still fierce.

Towards better days,

Bette

katmandulou replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Wow Cory, your plate is full to overflowing!

I can't imagine not being able to trust a family member. These days I have total strangers coming to the house, and have actually hidden valuables. I wonder if the pharmacy would accept a code word from you or your DW, so this person can't try it again.

I hope she gets the help she needs!
Lou

booch007 replied to katmandulou's response:
WOW read this post in full....so much happening with the fmily.

Cory, I can't imagine the violation you feel, but so glad you took all the right steps in talking to MD and pharmacy. The site here had posts in the past on medication safety. Safe from hands that are little, but also hands that don't belong.

She is truly in trouble as she didn't just take 5 pills from the container....she took the caontainer. Did she think you wouldn't notice? That shows desperation, stupidity or subconsciously looking for help.

So sad .

Hope it works out. You may save a life in the balance.

Love reading all the projects going on, as we say though, pace is the way to go. Kat....I would do anything for a new kitchen...I am outdated and yours sound so nice. I didn't choose timeless decor when I redid the kitchen so now I struggle.

Maybe if I win the lottery! Enjoy all the new changes in your lives. Change is as good as a vacation, someone special used to say to me!

Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Cory....so so sorry to hear about the problems with the member of the family...stay strong making sure that person gets the help they desperately need, but will never ask for...unfortunately, I know all too much about this...but they can be helped..If there is any want to support you in this,...just ask.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.