Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FIBRO AWARENESS
tuliprose99 posted:
Hi everyone, We're at a point in time where science is pushing ahead and great strives have been made as far as understanding the science behind our pain. There have been many trials and many more on the way. To me, a whole new world is opening up, but it's up to us to be aware of all this. Once everyone knows all the wonderful things happening, it's up to us to spread the word. There is now a blood test to see if you have fibro. It's a little costly, so they're working on making it affordable. On UTube, you can type in fibromyalgia, then go to Stanford Study or Dr. Younger and see a short video on what causes our pain. Truthfully, I found it by accident and found a medication called LDN (low dose naltrexone ) which Ive been taking for 6 months. There is no cure, but this lessons the flareups by about 55% and a flareup only lasts a few days. There is much more happening, so please surf the web and find your answers. I know that I'm very excited about all this and I hope you will be also. Here's to a well informed world and we lead the way. Hugs to all and I hope to see many responses . TulipRose

bette_kaffitz responded:
TulipRose,

I'm so glad that the low dose naltrexone is working for you. I'd read about LDN, but it is wonderful to hear from someone who is getting some relief from it. Anything that can lessen the severity and length of flares is a godsend.

As you know, what works for one person may not work for others. This is what makes fibro so difficult to manage.

You're right about the exciting changes happening in fibro research. It is amazing how quickly the pharmaceutical companies got on the bandwagon. I think it's because there are so many of us. And it's possible that any medicine that helps us may be useful for other types of pain.

Please keep us posted on the pluses and minuses on your LDN treatments. We all need all the info we can get.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.