Skip to content
TGIF*****Roll Call - 6/6/2014 *****Swan Dive, oh my*****
dollbug posted:
TGIF******and a good morning to each of you. Thanks for hanging in here when I was not able to post. I am thinking that I might not be able to do this for a while longer. DH and I took some time and traveled a bit in NC.....sometimes I was able to connect and other times I guess we were in places where the connections was NOT good at all or perhaps just *hit and miss*. I guess I had no idea that internet is not available everywhere. Had issues with phone as well.

On Tuesday, I did a *swan dive*....(as DH calls this)....I tripped and hit the pavement.....not a good thing either. I think I might have broken a bone in my left hand. I scraped the left side of my arm, damaged my knuckles on left hand, scratched both knees and landed face down with a mouth full of sand and grit. I could NOT even believe this. DH was not close to me....he said I fell in *slow motion again*....which seems to be what I do. He also said I did NOT even try to brace myself....(but this might be a good thing) I knew that I was in trouble. Out in the middle of somewhere not knowing where anything is. No, I did not go to the doctor. We continued on. My left hand swelled up and my entire body is sore. I am thankful that it was not worse than it is. I am glad I did not break hip or perhaps something more than it is. I finally got an appointment to see my surgeon on Monday. I am hoping for the best....I guess we will see. Taking Advil (gel) and trying to get by.

Anyway, on top of this, I took my furbabies to the vet for their vacation....and CoCo had surgery on Monday. This is the first time that they had been boarded. Neither was happy to be there. Well, the surgery had complications...but he is better now. Stressful situation. I thought at the time I was doing the best thing.....not so sure though now. Perhaps I should have waited on the surgery. DH and I will be picking them up today.

OK...welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will find some good *tools and tips* that will improve your daily journey of dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Learn all that you can about what others have found that had made a difference for them.....I am sure that, you too, will find the right combination of tools that will work for you.

Vitamin D.....be sure and talk to your doctor about this. It is so very IMPORTANT.

OK....my left hand is screaming at me. Gotta go and rest.

Thanks for thoughts and prayers. I need all that I can get and then some.

Have a great week-end. I will touch back as I can. I hope this is all I do for a while. I am thankful to be back.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Oh Mimi.....so sorry to here of the dive. You hit sand though, that was a bit helpful. You are so typical...the animals got taken care of but you didn't take yourself to be seen. I woulda asked the vet what she thought (ha..)

I hope you come out of this OK. Sounds like you are pushing too. I will switch with you and say....dont forget Pace...pace...

I took today off to help (not do anythng) for the party Sunday. God is being kind to me and the weather is going to be perfect! My DS#1 is coming over at some point to help. we'll see when that arrival comes.

I have to get to the dollar store for goodies for the kids. I have the jumping castle and I will set up a sprinkler....as the pool is still fresh water and below 70* They would all be blue kids ...Lol.

So 3 days to get ready is good pacing. I am so excited to complete my 60th year!! Life is in a better place now. The decade we just passed through, and I will say together with the fmily has been the toughest 10 years I could imagine.

But I am absolutely in a better place, and the tools i learned here and with the many MD's and practitioners I saw added up to better.

The best present of all.

So I am looking for a great weekend ahead. The clinical staff took me out last night for dinner and it was grand. We laughed and laughed, good stuff/ medicine. Next week I am going out with the Management of the office for dinner, and again..I am feeling loved. To be wrapped in love is another medicine.

I hope all the newbies read these notes we write and see that it is a multifaceted approach to being better. That our relief is not found in a pill bottle only. What we eat, drink and do in the day all adds up to better. Noting what are the triggers to pace through and what helps relieve your symptoms and trying things in trial and error, is priceless.

Speaking of error....that capsacian reaction on my back and neck is so bad I am on a Medrol dose pak now. I showed the staff in the office and in minutes I was given a pak. Benadryl 50mg didn't stop the itching and I look like the Elephant man with the raised akwardly configured lumps and bumps.....

Man, the funniest(not) things can happen. I looked at the big bottle I had for so long and it had a exp date..........2011.
WOOPS. So maybe capsacian changes in time...unreal.
Learning can be painful at times!

OK all, enjoy the day. I hope the sun is out where you are.
Know that it can and will get better. remember to hydrate yourself. That is not a glass of water here and there. It is over a month of really increasing water in your life. It is the one thing I know made a remarkable change to me hopefully for you too.

All my best, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF ( and National Donut Day ) to MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope that each of you will have a good today and that you will be able to enjoy the day without dealing with fibro's issues or pain.

MiMi, I am so sorry to hear of your fall. I hope that you had yourself, your hand and arm checked at an ER to make sure you haven't broken anything. I know how that ' slow motion ' fall goes. I've done it a few times myself, usually falling backwards, and I didn't have a chance to brace myself for the fall(s) either. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing either. I'm glad you didn't do more physical damage to yourself than you did. I hope that you are able to recover from this fall quickly. Sending Get Well wishes with Gentle <<< HUGS >>> to you. <3

Surprising for June, but it's not going to be hot here today, It will be cool at 70 something and most likely with some rain showers. So it's a good day to be out at out door events. Nashville has it's annual CMA Music Festival.4 day of events, going on downtown. It's a lot of events, stage shows, booths where the fans can meet the singers or groups. Good food and all things CMA. Lots of big name country music stars come out and take the stage. I haven't ever attended, mean to but it never happens.. They say that Nashville will get a lot of rain on it's last day tomorrow. Hope not.

It's going to be cool at 70 something today. Rain chances, of course, later today. It really rained yesterday. Started at 9 p.m. Wednesday and didn't stop until 10 last night. I heard we got over 5 inches. I thought it would be more than that considering the down pours at times yesterday. And of course we had a lot of places that flooded out.

DH is back in his routine of getting up and going off to work. He really did enjoy his slow paced vacation. I think that he is ready to hang up working altogether, but, said he'll hang in there another year, but he looked ready to hang it up the past few days. And the store survived his being gone but he does have lots of things backed up that he will have to begin to assemble things for the July 4TH sales. From May to September it's rush, rush and rush some more for DH.The person placed in his area part time does nice work but is not as quick to assemble things as DH is so things get back logged, esp when he's out a day or two. He was gone 7 this time.

No real plans for my day. Need to get my nails done. Weren't done well a week ago and now the color is fading and lifting off. So they need to do a redo on them. And afterwards I need to stop at the Bare Minerals store that is next to a local dermatologist's office. I have found as the year's go by, like a few of us FMer's, I am not doing well with the brands of make up that I have used without problems for the years. I don't want to say allergic reaction, but the one's I've used, and I tried to a couple of the top drug store ones, made my face feel bogged down. So after two years of jumping from one brand to another I tried the Bare Minerals brand. And it ended up being the one brand that I can use without issue. I want to try the new liquid /brush face makeup since the powder one works well for me. Pricey, but in the end, for me, worth it.

Okay, it's early here and I have done the few chores that needed to be done in the kitchen, so I may just go back and try to fall back to sleep. 4 a.m. is a bit early for me.

Gentle hugs to all. And it's good to hear you MiMI. Linda R

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....actually it was the pavement that I hit. There was sand on it though which somehow got in my mouth. (not good at all)....and sand got into my scrapes on the elbow as well.

As I have been doing research on this....the doctor needs to see me about a week afterwards....so I guess this worked out ok. I can not move 3 fingers without major pain. Don't know for sure if I broke something or not. I also think I strained my rib cage as well. I am so sore....on the left side and right under by bra area as well.

I am too old to be doing falls of any kind. I think I need to wear bubble wrap. (LOL)....I discussed this with the neurosurgeon a few years back. He laughed but also agreed. Perhaps some day they will have some to prevent people who do *swan dives*....A swan has graceful moves....mine was in slow motion BUT not so graceful at all. I was so MAD at myself for doing this.

Nana B.....I was out in the middle of nowhere. Little towns far apart. Not sure anyone could have done anything anyway.

I sure hope your back gets better soon. I am afraid to even *wonder what is next*....you know?

Take care. I do hope you and your GD have a good birthday.

Being 60 and hopefully getting better with age. I know that the past few years have been rough on me. I too hope though that yours are better.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday! God bless those who fought and gave their lives for our freedoms 70 years ago!

It's nice today, sunny and 70? with more of the same over the weekend. It will be great to hang out in the good weather. My brother's boy scout troop is holding their annual adult fundraiser tomorrow, with tons of food and raffle prizes and fun. we usually bring a side or dessert, but without a kitchen it might be whatever I can find at BJs!

I had an uneventful annual exam with one of my docs this morning. Ladies, with everything else, remember to have that annual visit, and get your mammogram - unless you've been excused. On the way home I got my free DD donut for Donut Day - bavarian cream. YUM!

Mimi, I'm glad you took a few days for travel, but not happy about the fall. I've been there. You really need to see a doc if you think a bone is broken, you don't know how it will heal, and it can make things worse.

Nancy, we never think that old meds will cause a problem. I'm glad the staff helped you out and you're on the mend. Watch out in the bouncy castle. A neighbor got one for her son's college graduation party, and posted this one rule: if you're over 40, go to the bathroom before entering. LOL And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Linda, enjoy the weather and the CMA festival. I'd love to go to one, as I've become a huge country fan over the years. My problem would be "where to start"026"! A mani sounds good too, maybe I can fit one in...

Almost time for lunch, and leftovers are calling to me. I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend- you can possibly have!
Lou

missshortyd responded:
Good Afternoon to All
Mimi so sorry about your fall please take it easy and and relax you are so very important to us we need you here !

Linda

fibroinsd responded:
Good afternoon..

So sorry about your fall Mimi..hope you are ok..

Just a quick check-in...only one more week of school..I am exhausted...plus having to do some extra duty this week with mom and dad..but hopefully dad is on the mend..bp was good today, I understand..

I will be around more in another week.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.