Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday. Monday*****6/9/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily, MiMi in NC....I am up too darn early again this morning. Furbabies woke me up. I think CoCo who had the surgery and is still on medication is having a tough recovery. I am supposed to keeping him quiet. That is next to impossible. He is a very active dog. He jumps and runs and unless I tied him down, actually I don't not even think doing that would stop him. I can only hope he will recover soon and be ok.

NC had a nice hot week-end. It is going to be 90* tomorrow. It was quiet for us since my younger son and his family has been on vacation. I sure missed the boys. We went up last night to see them. The older one had a nice dark tan. The baby can not get a lot of sun due to medication he takes. I hated that I could not hold the baby. He was his cute little smiling self though. He is always happy and such a sweet little guy. I had gotten both of the boys something from our vacation. The older one likes to do all sorts of things so I ended up getting all of the GC some stencils so they can draw and paint different things. I thought these might be something for them to do this summer. I got the baby a cute little onesie and a little outfit with Mickey Mouse on it. He loves to watch MM on TV and liked the hot dog song. As he sat on the floor he tried to stand up. DH was holding his hands and he was determined to stand up. I don't think he will do much crawling.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and a good week-end as well.

I hope Nana B had a good BBQ. I also hope you have a great birthday tomorrow, along with your GD as well. (they share a birthday on the same day - how very special is this)

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. This does take time and effort and you should also remember that what helps one may or may not help you. Only you will know though when you have found the *right combination of tools* which make a difference in the way you feel. I think that the more you learn about this ugly and mean illness, the sooner you will figure out how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*, as Nana B says....so hang in there and do your own research.

Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.....lots of good info to share, especially with the new members.

Vitamin D.....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you for doing this.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi and HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful day. I hope that your weekend was a nice one and didn't have to deal with fibro issues or pain.

It was a wonderful Sunday here. Lots of sunshine, not to hot and no rain. Very nice. DH and I bought two new plants and a flowering vine for the back yard. It was nice to have one day to be back out of doors working in the dirt. The back yard is shaping up nicely for next weekend.

We still don't have our hummingbirds. DH and I keep thinking that with each day that goes by they will come the next. I keep hoping for really good weather so they'll come up from the south of us, but so far no sign of them and our weather hasn't been really warm or rain free.

And as I speak it's just pouring rain here. They say it should clear up in a few hours, then, later this evening, strong storms will come in and we're in for even more rain, lightening and thunder. As it is the lawn feels like a sponge as the ground is soaked, trees will come down in even the slightest breeze now as there is no hard soil to keep them from falling over.

And even after today's bad weather we have rain chances all week. Sure not happy about that news. We had a long, dreary, dismal winter. Had no real spring to speak of and now we have, again, a few days of nice weather then it's over cast, cool and with soaking rains. UGH.

I had an appointment this a.m. up the road but am not going to go because of the weather. I hate to drive in heavy rain. I do have some tests scheduled for later this afternoon that will be nearby so I can get to them. I hate putting off my bi yearly's and or tests, but I just don't do well driving in the rain anymore. I guess it's an age thing.

MiMi, your state, NC, is so lovely. I haven't gotten to travel to to many places in it thought. My DD and her DH are connected to Camp Le June, on the coast, so DH and I usually travel straight across and then down to Jacksonville from TN. But everywhere I've been in NC has been lovely and I enjoy visiting you state when ever I get the chance. And to hear that other places besides TN have the rum cakes and rum balls is interesting. I don't remember if I ever heard of them when I lived in California. I guess cece can let me know if their out there.

NANCY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Wishing you every happiness today and everyday thought the year. Glad your yesterday went well and that you had a wonderful day.

Cory, the BBQ with family and friends sounded very, very nice. I'm glad your weekend was filled with things that made you happy. As for fishing, my DH has, many a time, come home with fishing stories of the really big ones that broke his line and got away and of the little ones he puts back in.

Lou, hope this week goes well for you kitchen wise. I know it's moving along but wish it was moving just a little bit faster so you could get back to having your life back to normal.

Speaking of things kitchen. DH and I saw a stove we liked yesterday that would complete the replacement of our kitchen's major appliances. It has been damage in transit to the store. GE repaired some of the damage, but it still has some you can clearly see. It's an electric, double oven, 5 burner, stainless steel with black trim. It was originally 1295 reduced down to 815. The salesperson said he'd take 675 for it but DH said he thinks he can get it for even less than that since it still needs repairs. I hope he can get it as it's a very nice stove and I'd like to have it.

I'm going to close this here as the lightening is just unreal and I'm to close to windows here at my desk.

Gentle hugs to all... have a wonderful day. Linda R

brokenmom2 responded:
Good Morning All!

We had storms here in PA last evening, and it looks like today will bring more. Although my flower beds certainly need the rain, I do not look forward to rainy, humid weather - always brings on another bout of pain.

This week is full of doctor appointments for me: this afternoon I go to my GP and will be asking to get my Vitamin D level tested, and will certainly gush about how much better I feel on the Lyrica! On the down side, I screwed up my knee last weekend and will get that checked as well.

I had foot surgery (plantar fasciitis) last November, and being in the boot for an extended time just irritated my already problem-prone knee. Then last weekend I spent the morning planting flowers, and then during my shower my foot slipped and OUCH! That afternoon we went shopping for my Mother-of-the-groom dress! Needless to say, I was hurting pretty darned bad by the end of the day! Spent all day Sunday resting, but I 'knew' this pain - and I am just expecting the worst.

Tuesday afternoon I begin my first sessions of PT, OT & water therapy. Should be interesting.

Thursday afternoon I visit my Ortho doc to confirm the diagnosis of my injured knee. I am fearing the worst: a torn meniscus that will require surgery. Although I had this same injury in the other knee several years ago and it was the easiest recovery of all my surgeries, I just hate it that I will be hobbling around at my son's wedding! ugh. Maybe I can wait till after July 19.

Anywho-on the bright side, I am looking to spend a bit of time shopping for shoes and jewelry to go with my MOG dress!

-Wishing everyone a good week!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Quick check in to see how you are all doing. It is cool here and will be all week. Hopefully it will be dry for the weekend.

Today was nothing special here. Work was a typical Monday where it takes me a coupe hours to get back in the groove, once in, it was back to normal. My body is still not doing the best, but I make do as we all do here, and do the best I can each day.

Mimi, it amazes me how resilient animals can be sometimes. I hope your little Coco heals up quickly.

Linda R, nothing like a good fish story.

Brokenmom2, I hope your knee is ok.

To all, take care and have a good night.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
GOOD MORNING Fmily. I have now completed my 60th year on this earth!! Feel great! It is a good place to be right now. OLD and WISE but not too feeble. The last 10 years were a journey, I don't want to relive. I will continue to "be good to me" follow my rules and bring my tools everywhere....

The BarB Q was perfect, DH brought in an accordion player from Staen Island (quite a distance to come)......$$$ I am sure.
He had such stories in his life and being a story teller was as important to him as playing his accordion. I LOVE this instrument. We have 3 here in the house, my son took lessons as did I when I was young. I love the sound.

We danced to some songs than he played a polka and I wanted to kill him! I did half and then said enough. WE KNOW WHEN ENOUGH SHOWS UP!.

He played "Nancy with the laughing face" and he was with Sinatra and he dropped many names I knew, including Maestro Carozza who around here was famous. He talked of the farewell party given in his honor before his death, I saw him in the office before his death as well. So we revelled in our love of him.

It was great. Sandboxes had children in them constantly, food was good. BUT the part about "Mom doesn't have to do anything never held up......I did sit more than ever, held the new Emily......and smooched her.
I got the pool open the night before AND then I HAD TO GET IN IT TO GET THE DEBRIS OUT......it was magic in the end.
The pool was 60* give or take...in 80* weather and humid, it was perfect for me. I had 4 fish in there with me, watching for blue lips or other sub human temps to their bodies! They were having a ball.

I have to share the Italian elders were at one table and the accordion gravitated to them......I took pictures of Che La La: a song they all loved and all sang with him playing. Seemed all had a good time.

One of my gifts was a certificate to use Jet blue and get my butt to Florida to see my sister !! OMG. What a surprise.

OK..lots to do today. Olivia has a BD party of "Frozen"...snow flakes all over the basement! I have this 1 day off, so pace I will!

Good day to all. May it be a better pain day than yesterday, may all the good things you do fro you pay off in the end!
Nancy B

katmandulou replied to brokenmom2's response:
Hi brokenmom2:
I'd like to now a little about your PF surgery. Did they remove it, all or part? How was the recovery?

I have PF uniner my right foot and getting worse. I'm at the point where the custom orthotics are more annoying than helpful. My podiatrist said a few years ago that he couldn't guarantee that new scar tissue wouldn't form.

Just curious,
Lou

brokenmom2 replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Kat-

I've suffered from PF since the early 90's and had been thru the whole gamut: several cortisone shots, taped foot, custom orthodics... while the flare-ups usually subsided, I could never really get rid of it. So several years ago I had my right foot done, and then last year I got the left foot done.

There is a 2-3" incision made on the inside of the foot near the back of the arch. My scars are nearly impossible to see. The tendon is cut 2/3 of the way through, which forms an open wedge and releases the tightness. The open wedge then fills in with scar tissue. You can then do PT or learn some stretches to do at home. I also have an AWESOME massage therapist and she was very crucial to my recovery!

Surgery required me to be completely off my foot for 3 weeks, then another 6 weeks in the boot- with at least 2-3 of those on crutches with partial weight on the foot, then full weight at the end.

I was then put back in the boot for another 4 weeks because of additional tearing at the surgery site, due to a marathon shopping trip for my mother-of-the-groom dress! oops.

Anywho- my foot is finally feeling better and it is SO nice to be able to walk again without all of that sharp pain! 'Course I still have to wear arch supports (just Dr. Scholl's since those nasty custom orthodics are just annoying), and will never be able to wear high heels again.... *sigh*....but all of the inconvenience has been worth it.

Good luck with your issues!

katmandulou replied to brokenmom2's response:
Thanks for your insight. I'm still waffling. I had cortisone shots and blacked out. I've done boots (walking and night splint), stretched, PT (including TENS), and I'nm currently using an elastic arch support. I wear sneakers or a tie shoe everywhere. If I wear heels twice a month I'm unlucky, and sandals are out of the question.

Good luck!
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.