Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
glad I found out
archieboss posted:
Well I'm glad I found out when I did - it looks like I had Lyme disease all along. My good doctors at Shea Medical ran some tests on me and after the western blot and elisa tests came back - I had lyme disease not fibromyalgia like I originally thought...anyone else had that problem?

missist responded:
Hi.. yes some have. My aunt was told she had fibro then later that she had limes. I remember her telling me she had fibro but got better and did not think it was a big deal. I don't think she ever had it. My sister says she had fibro for a few months. Which again--I don't think so. I do have an aunt that does have fibro and my mom did --they didn't have it for just a little while Mom died with it, the aunt is pretty much totally disabled now at almost 70. Lymes can be cured.
I know some folks have what they call a chronic form of lymes-- I don't know anything about it. For all I know they have fibro after having lymes.

Its not at all uncommon for someone to get something else and then get fibro too.
Mary

archiebossman replied to missist's response:
well it looks like I wasn't alone! where did you go for treatment, pray tell.

missist replied to archiebossman's response:
this is my aunt who had it--she lives in PA I have no idea. sorry.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.