Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Hump Day - 6/11/2014 ****another HOT day in NC
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day*****yes, it IS Wednesday again. MiMi in NC where it is going to be a hot day again. We had rain storms again last night. Weird weather again. I wonder just what summer will be like.

Yesterday was not a good day for me either. I woke up and the day went downhill from there. Both knees were hurting. I am still very sore from the fall I took. I am hoping it will soon get better with time. Dealing with my broken bone is enough. A person can NOT do a lot one handed......how well I am aware. I am now in the dropping stage....which is common thing for me. I guess summer will be close to over as I recover. We had a couple of projects which are now on hold. I am so glad we got the deck for my DD finished. It is what it is though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support recently. I am sure each of you will soon find something that will make a difference. This does take time and effort. Learn all you can about what others have found that makes a difference. The more you know, the better you will figure how to beat the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D.....be sure to speak to your doctor about getting this checked.....so important to a lot of people these days.

Cory, I hope you have a better day.....dealing with stress, as you know is NOT good for us FMers.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

Lou, have you researched your homeowners policy....perhaps you can *appeal their decision*? I hope things will work out for you soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

brokenmom2 responded:
Another rainy & humid day here in PA: just ducky weather for us who suffer from FM! Anyway, just thankful that my Lyrica meds have been able to curb the brunt of the pain and I am just mildly uncomfortable. Works for me!

Yesterday I had my first FM Clinic therapy sessions ! Very interesting, and I learned a lot of new relaxation techniques and stretches. I also learned just how limited my range of motion was - kinda shocked me! Nonetheless, with the new 'weapons' I am learning I intend to put up a good fight with the dragon!

I got a script to get my Vitamin D blood test, but still haven't gone to get it done yet.... will try to have that done by the end of the week.

Tomorrow I go to the ortho doc about my knee. I am not very hopeful since both my GP and the PT agreed that it seemed like a meniscus tear. blargh. Just irritates me that I will be limping at my son's wedding in July. No line dancing for me! LOL

Have a good day everyone!

jbn

katmandulou responded:
Hump Day again - another week gone!

I haven't been out yet, but it's supposed to be 71? now, with sun peeking out from behind the clouds.

Gotta go to the bank, they screwed up my personal and business accounts. Why did they think they should put a personal deposit into my business account? They were great on the phone, now I have to bring one piece of paperwork to the branch, and it'll be fixed.

It seems that today is Paperwork Day. I have to call two docs and find out what I'm being billed for. Why did one billing office put an October 2013 date on an April 2014 test? Why am I being billed for bloodwork? I swear they think we're stupid, and will send off a check just because they bill us! Balance two checking accounts, pay a bill, add up the living expenses for more insurance reimbursements, and I'll be done!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Mimi-- so sorry about all the dropping and the arm. Summer is the worst time to deal with that.

JBN-- I hope the knee thing is not as bad as all that.

Lou-- yes good luck with the insurance-- appeal!

I had a paperwork nightmare the past couple days--so do understand that.

NOw--WHO had the plantar fasciitis? Is it Lou?

anyhow I have had an issue with awful stiffening achilles tendon area-- that causes my foot to go stiff and sore on me-- just tried wrapping my shoulder heat pad around--its one of those rice filled things you microwave but its thinner than most and it goes around shoulder and neck--anyhow its a 'wrap' So I wrapped it around my lower calf and ankle. Wow-- it worked.

So its moving to my hip and knees and wrists... maybe my neck and the other foot.... We are raining this evening. LOL

Anyhow try wrapping your ankle/calf area in some kind of moist heat-mine overlapped the top of my foot some too--but I know that plantar fasciitis--although it makes your foot hurt-- its really a problem up in the lower leg that causes it.

Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
plantar fasciitis--besides the wrap around heavy contact (rice bag) moist heat-- a nighttime support would be a great help. I use wrist guards to keep my wrists straight at night and I know the same type of thing for your feet would be just as helpful.

And of course -- changing shoes often and getting good fitting arch supported shoes.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Today was a better day. Work was quiet and calm. There were no issues or drama. I was never called out for the issues there, as I shouldn't be. I am never amazed at what can unfold in out little mill. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Once home something was heavy on my mind. I try to confront them so I can deal with things and avoid the physical consequences. I will deal with this other stressor tomorrow. I will confront my brother about his wife. He was here right after things happened so we could fill the huge gaps she left in her of the story. We mostly listened. It's my turn now and I have a lot to say.

Mimi, I hope your recovery speeds up. I know it can't be fun to deal with that aside from everything else.

Jbn, it sounds like you are on the right path with the right attitude.

Lou, I hope you were able to get all the accounts in order. It sounds like your close.

Mary, I hope you can keep the pains away.

To all, take care and have a good night.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.