Skip to content
TGIF******OMG*****Friday 13th****(did you view the moon?)
dollbug posted:
TGIF****Friday 13th....and I woke up much too early this morning.

I do hope everyone else is resting, like I should be as well.

Welcome to new members who have recently joined. I am sure you will find that this is a good support group. There is a lot of good info here. Check it out. Ask questions.

Vitamin D. This just might cause more pain, if yours is low, like so many people's are. Speak to your doctor about getting it checked and then keep tabs on it yearly.

Have a good Friday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jyotisanah responded:
Hi

Yes hope it does goood

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. I took the day off, not for superstitious reasons, but things to do and the week was not pleasant. I had to have a sit down with my brother last night about a lot of things. I think it went well. This morning my DW has an appointment. She has something going on with her body and we are trying to figure it out. It could be hormones or a thyroid issue, possibly even a diabetic issue, she had gestational twice and they said she is at a higher risk for it later in life. We will get a summary at the end of the month.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
TGIF yes! Good Morning to all. Now that i keep grandkids 5 days a week I feel like TGIF just as much as when I had a job. Love the kids so much, enjoy being with them but I am dead tired!

We've had a lot of moisture here rain like crazy most nights and very damp mornings then warm humid days. I feel the humidity in my bones as you are all probably familiar with. Stiff as a board and juggling my heating pad to hit all the areas. Blanket on, blanket off. I was so glad I had my hot tub last night but the relief is short lived.

SIL asked if I could babysit tomorrow and I had to decline. I just need a day off and there are things I have not gotten done lately due to being too tired when the kiddos go home.

Hoping to catch up on a few things and do some fishing this weekend.

May you all have a great weekend!

Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello to all and if you believe in such things, here's wishing each of you an uneventful Friday the 13TH
Here's wishing each of you a good day. One that is without fibro issue and is pain free.

I am sooo glad this week is nearly over. It's been way to busy for me. I can pace pretty good but when it comes to really physical things I am one and done. Example: DH brought home a wonderful new stove for the kitchen, a real deal. But for the two of us to move the old stove out and the new in was really hard on my poor old back. Which is nothing much to speak about anyways.

And DH didn't help me either when he didn't realize I was on the back side of the stove and in the process of lifting it, and the doll, over the door trim when he pushed the stove from the kitchen side and knocked me down the stair case, 2 steps, into the water heater. OUCH and OMG. But I recovered and we got the old stove up into the truck and off to the dump. I helped him get the new one in and up the stairs, but OMG did I feel the pain from it all the next day. Today I'm somewhat better but it's still OUCH.

Speaking of the next day, DH had surgery.and I hurt so bad I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to take him for it. I just ached and just sitting there in the waiting room was agony. And what I thought would be a simple 20 minute recheck
surgery for scar build up turned out to be Not so short and not so simple. The doctor found a large prostrate stone that had been unable to pass out of DH's system and it began to grow in place The doctor said it had been there awhile, and had they not gone in to do a recheck, it would have, at some point, blocked off his bladder and that would have been a really bad thing. And it's not over, DH will have to have a longer, in the hospital surgery, in December, as they could only get half of the stone out Wednesday.

It's overcast here so rain, I am sure, will follow. I think Mother Nature is just toying with us and we'll never really get any summer days. I think we'll go from this yucky weather right back to winter. Really wouldn't be surprised.

Got my Neurology appointment in yesterday. Got the shots, painful, that protect me from migraines. Their so bad. I hate the blinding pain of them. I hate being taken to the hospital because I am in such pain and so completely helpless. Hate that I can't even so much as raise my head off the pillow. The shots are painful, but to choose between the migraine or the shots I'll take the shots every time.

My labs and ultra sound test came back A Okay. So done with that for a year. I'm counting down the number of biyearly doctors left to see and with the labs and tests.
I have to recheck with my bone and joint doctor on Monday about my knees. More shots to the knees, I'm sure. But if I can take shots, rather than a double knee replacement, I'm doing the shots.

I have my bi yearly exam with my lung doctor on Tuesday and one hour later I see my stomach doctor, again, in a building down the road. And Friday it's my back adjustment. I really need that. And now it's down to just two doctor exams in July, if all goes well with the lungs and stomach. I'll be done with doctors visits until October.

MiMi, sorry you were up to early this a.m. I hope that you are able to catch a nap during the day and recoup.

Cory, I am really glad that last night went well. I am sure that it was as unpleasant for you as it could be, but as you said, it had to be talked out. I hope that you and your brother can get past this now and that he can see that his wife really needs help and that he gets that for her.
I'm sorry your wife is feeling under the weather and I hope that her doctor can pin point the cause and get her back to feeling well quickly. Cory what is gestational?

Lou, hope things are moving along and that very soon you will have your kitchen done.

Gosh I just looked and I'm outta characters so will close this here.
Have a wonderful day everybody, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Morning...first day of no work for me...The cat didn't think I needed to sleep in, but I did sleep a little later. I have so much to do..but trying to get organized. Sounds like so much going on around here...Cory, hope things work out ok..Linda..holy cow..all that sounds awful..hope you are feeling better today...Mimi..hope you are doing ok..hope everyone has a decent Friday the 13th..
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks for the thoughts everyone, gestational refers to gestational diabetes. During both of her pregnancies she was diabetic. This causes large babies if not treated, and other complications. It also increases the risk for diabetes later in life.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....my first son weighed 10 lbs 15 oz and the doctors thought I might have this but it did not show up. My mil gave birth to several of her babies who weighed over 11 lbs....(at home). She did become diabetic later on in life. My other 2 babies weighed 8 and 1/2 lbs.

I hope your wife finds out early so hopefully she can correct it before it gets to the stage where more treatment is required.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, thanks for the definition. I thought that what that was referring to and remembered after I had posted. Wish this site had a edit button.

My sil had gestational diabetes with both her pregnancies and both babies were 9 pounds plus. My 2 daughters on the other hand both had gestational diabetes while pregnant and both had babies that were only 7 and 8 pounds. Both were fine after the babies were born and are still fine 6-17 years later. So I hope that your DW doesn't have that and that her doctors are able to quickly find the reason for here feeling ill and get her back to feeling well again.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.