Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday - 6/14/2014 ****Happy Father's Day
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily and Happy Father's Day to any and all fathers who post or lurk here. This week-end is the time of year for each of you To celebrate and be remembered as a father. Again I hope each of you have a great time.

School was finally over yesterday for another year. My GC were so happy to be out. I think this was the longest they had to go....due to the make up days....and they *forgave 3 days to boot*.
They have to thank Mother Winter for this. It was a very strange and weird winter NC and a lot of other states had this past season. I hope it never repeats itself.

I am having issues with my air conditioner. They checked it and the suspension value must be replaced. Seems like it is always something.

I am still struggling with the recovery of my fall. I think I might have also bruised my ribs. I have had issues with being really sore on the left side which took most of my fall. I am sure though it will all just take time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will find some good *tools and tips* here that will make your journey of dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time and effort. Learn all you can about FM.....as the more you know, the better you will cope.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this. It is so important to a lot of people these days and it just might make a difference in your pain level as well. Do some research on this...there is some good info here as well as on the internet.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Saturday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday and pre FATHERS DAY wishes, to all our guy Family members, MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope that your weekend is starting off well and that you do have to deal with fibro issue or pain.

Dare I say this, but today it's going to be warm and sunny with no rain chances. There's not a cloud in the sky and Yay that. And it's going to be the same kind of day tomorrow. And a good thing too as I am taking DH, as a Father's Day gift, to see the air show, featuring the Blue Angles, that's happening
at an airport near my DD's house in Murfressboro, TN. The Blue Angeles pick only 24 cites each year to preform at and this year we got lucky cause they picked a city airport near us. Yay that.

DH and I have a life long love affair going with planes since we both grew up near the Lockheed, in Burbank, which built them, ( my father worked there during WWII before he joined the Marines and my uncle worked there ) and the Lockheed Airport where planes landed and took off. DH lived on the side where planes landed and I lived on the side where they took off. There was always some plane or jet coming or going and you always found yourself looking up, because we lived so close, to see what kind of plane it was. There were a lot of military planes too. And I remember so many times looking up to see Bob Hopes jet leaving or coming. Now the airport is named after him, since the Lockheed Corporation is up in Palmdale, Ca, and I think that's fitting.

Only have a few things on my To Do list, later this evening we plan to drive over to DD's house for 7 o'clock church service. Both our daughter's got together with us last night for for his Father's Day dinner and that was special. DH was tired from work so he took a nap before we left. He is working his way back to feeling normal after the surgery Wednesday. So when he got home from dinner he fell into bed and was pretty much out like a light when his head hit the pillow. I am sure he will be up for tomorrow's air show tho.

MiMi, wish you were feeling better but a fall like you took will take time to heal. Didn't the ER doctor check your ribs when he was checking you out after the fall? I am sure you hurt your ribs if you landed on that side and it hurts there. Sure wish you were feeling better and I do wish you a speedy recovery.

cece, I hope you enjoy the heck out of these weeks
off! Don't do to much and if you have to Please make sure it's something stress free, fun and wonderful. And remember PACE and PACE some more.

Cory, I hope that today is better for you and I hope your DW is feeling better today as well.

Lou, hope that you have things lined up now so construction on the kitchen remodel can begin. I know it has to be aggravating to know you've gotten everything ready and yet nothing starts moving. <<< HUGS >>>

Nancy, I thought of you when I was at the Neurologist the other day. I feel quite lucky to have you here on site. Your advice and out look on things has really given me a feeling of well being. Just thought I'd mention that.

Just a note here on angelswife. She doesn't have internet an connection where she is now so she her posts come in every so often when she can get into town. She's using a library lap top when she can. Anyways, she and her DH moved to small town/ hamlet in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. They are staying there until the end of summer. Where from there they are going they aren't sure, but for now they are happy. The weather is nice and they are doing well. I am sure when she can she will post here to say HI to all of you herself.

Okay am on off line here because I need to get my day going.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY...
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. Thanks for the Father's Day wishes. It's cold and gloomy here with a big storm south of us. We are supposed to get some rain and wind. This is part of why I took yesterday off. I wanted to be able to get outside. We did take our long walk. We have not done it as much this year due to weather or one of us not feeling up to it. We were both sore and my knee was not pleased, but we are both better this morning.

We hoped to go fishing but mother nature has other plans. It's just too windy for the canoe today. We will go when we can. There are many, many lakes nearby, one of the perks living where we do.

The DW had a mammogram and all is good, she still has to get an ultrasound of her uterus to check for any abnormalities and a summary of her blood work, but so far everything is good. We hope to find nothing, but in some ways she hopes to find an answer to why her body has changed suddenly, other than age. She is only 38.

All is good here this morning. We may go see a movie to make the best of the day. I hope that Friday the 13th was good for you all. It was good here.

Mimi, sorry you are so sore still. I hope it passes quickly. To all, have a wonderful day.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.