Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday - 6/15/2014 ***** Happy Father's Day
dollbug posted:
Happy Father's Day ******There are so many fathers who do not get to spend time with their children these days. I hope things will soon change. I think children need both parents. But is seems like this is not the case in this country. Father's do not have the same rights when going to court. June 13th there were rallies all over the country about this. The government addresses all kinds of issues these days and yet shared parenting is NOT addressed. For those of you who have not been exposed to it, you have no clue what it is like. It is very sad for most children. We had almost 3 years of it. Thank goodness things are now different.

That's my soapbox for today.

MiMi in NC where it is going to be a somewhat cooler day. I am glad since my air conditioner is messed up. Supposed to get it fixed tomorrow. We seem to never quite appreciate things until we no longer have then....when we realize just how much we need them. I guess this is how it is for a lot of things.

I had a good night's sleep last night and I woke up today feeling better. I am happy about this. I used my heating pad for a couple of nights now and I do think it has made a difference.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. Sorry that you are having to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.....you will find out though that there are lots of *tools and tips* here though that just might make a difference in the way you feel. So be sure and check out the info here....I am sure you will be glad you did. It does take time and effort to find the *right combination* that will do this....so hang in there and try different things.

Vitamin D.....be sure and ask the doctor about this.....so important for a lot of people these days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Enjoy some sunshine today and remember your dad.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

Thanks tp YOU I have a Vit D at 60! My recheck since all the hooha (12) , and I take 2,000 a day to have that!.
Thank you Thank you!

I am so happy with my lab reports. Somehow I have an HDL of 62...>50 is good. I told the MD it is all the running I do in the office! As it is genetics or exercise that aids in this......Hmm

Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful Dads out there.

It is a beautiful day here in NY. I htinkin the 60's now and going to the 80's later...no humidity.

A glorious day to do something. I have laundry....but a book and the sun are calling me. Later we go to my SIL and party with the men...the great Dads in our lives.

I am still battling the capsacian reaction! CRAP...prednisone and then medrol pak and I am still festered on the right flank. It itches so badly at times.... The things you have learn more than once in your life......check the dates on the products we use..... stupid!

I took off M-T-W this week and no one is bothering me. Last week for the birthday I had to go in, as there was no rlelief for what I do. So this week I feel safer leaving the attending I am working with. What a great guy, and doctor. He is a sharp as a tac....but a new program and a new set of challenges can get anyone in a funk.

Hopeful for the fmily this weekend to have some joy in their lives. To push our problem to the side a bit and move and get out in life. I know ...easy to say. I spent many a day on the couch with the pad and meds. Many a movie or a book...

The transitional path to better is often long and like a two steps forward one step back......but the near finish line can be seen.

Friday I had my shots and we only did my neck as the back scared her....I am ugly... But I have to say, though I needed them, I feel worse since the shots. Alot of bruising this time and I was with the girls (you know what that means Mimi)...

That is why Laundry and sit today......I sat yesterday too, except for a run to Macy's for that sale and they were great..if my cooupon didn't work..they used one of theirs!! So I got all thngs in at a better price. You need that (psycologically..right?)

OK, I opened the window here by me and the birds are sharing their songs in my ears.....a great start to the day. I got up at 6 but I went back and so glad I went back to sleep....nice dream
(I was a size 10)
lol..ha! Like I said it was a good dream.

Have a good day all. May something special come to you.
Cory, a great Fathers day for you. For those without children...whoever you nuture (dog, cat, neighbor) you are included too.

Oh, I want to ad.....my sister calls every Saturday. Nan the home pharmacy changed my Vytorin to another generic as they said it saves 500.00 a month. But the pill is so BIG....
OMG...they took 20mg of simvastatin and 10mg of Zetia (Vytorin) and they gave her 80mg of Atorvastatin!!!!
That is evivelent to 150mg of simvastatin. A MED ERROR IF I EVER HEARD ONE. The conversion is half the dose...she should have been given 10mg atorvastatin...but they blew it.
EIGHT times the dose!

I told her to get her doctor...someone in that office had to OK it and I bet it was the MA who doesn't know...
She actually brought it to him, and he said..(cursed) that isn't even close to what I want. He called it back in to them and gave her samples.....to get back on it. She had been taking a major mistake for over a week. I made her promise if medical things change with her to run them past me.

OMG....I can't believe she didn't have a reaction to it. Her liver was really being played with. Her cholesterol is only 123 on Vytorin....it's probably 50 now. Ha.

Pay attention to changes people make with you. lesson.

Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG****Nana B. These doctors scare me as well....and how about those who do not have a nana for support or the know how to seek another opinion. Is it because everyone has so much going on that no one reviews what is going on?

I am happy that your D level is up within the *normal range now*....so tell me how long it took for you to get it there....I know it took me well over a year to get mine to the low 40's. Last time I went to the doctor I requested for it to be checked. He did NOT do it or the lab omitted it, IF he requested it. I was not happy. I think some doctors still *DO NOT GET just how important D is. I continue though to take my multi with extra D....in hopes it will keep my level where it needs to be. We, FMers, have to take Vitamin D serious......as it can be quite important for a lot of us. I continue to be a voice on this....(this is my mission in life)....I also hope those it helps will spread the word....(I know you are in a good place to encourage this as well)

Doctors are like men....can't live with them and can't live without them. (lol)

OK....yes, I am with you on dealing with our GC. I have not kept my little one now since May....(3 weeks now) and I have not had elbow issues. I now know that lifting him was not helping me at all. And right now, with a cast on I can NOT hold him at all. (he does not understand this either). He is such a sweet and happy little one....just love him so much. He is now getting vocal. Tries to talk and wants to stand up also. He will soon be quite a handful.

We just have to be careful with our GC. I think we will always pay for what we do though at times. (it is worth it though-for the most part)

I hope your back gets better soon. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way on some things.

I am hoping that this will be the last time that I abuse my hands....I am thankful it was not worse. I think I also bruised my rib cage too....(not a good thing at all).

OK....here is hoping you will enjoy your day.

Take care. Get some sunshine if you can. It does make the body feel good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning, and Happy Father's Day to all those dads you know. We have a nice day planned here. The DW and I are making a good breakfast and a roast is going in the slow cooker for dinner. We hoped to fish today but it is damp and 49 degrees with wind. We will find indoor activities to do. I may call my dad, but every year I can't decide. He has not been an active part of my life since I was just a boy. I'm sure I will call him later, my conscience will get the best of me.

I forget just how much the cold damp weather gets to me. I woke feeling great yesterday until we went out of the house. I immediately did a flip and stayed that way all day. I still have dreams of finding a way to move to a dry climate.

Nancy, it's good that you know what you do and watch out for others so well. One would hope the Dr. always gets it right, but they don't. That's downright scary. Enjoy your extended weekend.

Mimi, I have no need for my AC here yet. I still have the furnace on. I hope the get yours working so you can be comfortable.

My DW's vitamin D was low at 32, I reminded her of it's importance and she is going to step it up. We are hoping to hear more tomorrow on her results, but won't know everything for a couple more weeks.

I do hope you all have a wonderful day today. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
HAPPY FATHER DAY TO ALL THE GREAT GUYS HERE. WISHING EACH OF YOU A GREAT DAY. And Hello and good Sunday to one and all. I do hope that your day will be a nice one and one that does have you dealing with fibro issues or pain.

It's going to be a scorcher here at 90 something. I guess for a day or two we're going to have summer weather. How nice of Mother Nature to oblige us a day worth it's date on the
calendar.

DH and I are going to the air show but not to the airfield. My DSIL said his school, he's a middle school counselor, is right on the path of the planes and that he's been seeing and hearing the planes all week as they practice. So he said why pay out the 80 dollars just take lawn chairs and sit out on the lawn at the school to watch. Sounds good to me as I wanted to take DH to dinner at one of the near by restaurants. So for a guy who so well deserves a great day I hope that today makes him a happy camper.

Nancy, AM SO GLAD THE D IS UP TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE. It's really nice to get those labs back and the levels are up where they should be. I just had mine tested a few weeks ago and mine is at 62 and I take 2000 a day.
I understand the frustration about doctors not checking. I went 2 or 3 years not having it done. Was told it wasn't needed. UGH. Anyway when I got a new doctor to do it, it was at 19. I went right into 50,000 2 xs a week for a few months And OMG did I see and feel the difference. I have been as high as 82 so they check me now every 6 months. How nice of them!

And as for getting hurt picking up our little ones I had to have my left elbow operated on after 11, non stop, days of baby sitting my 12 month old grandson. He was 7 pounds over what he should have been and way to heavy to lift from the ground up. So by the end of the days of babysitting him I torn the ligaments in left elbow and had to have it operated on. They replaced cut and then replaced the ligament over the elbow bone. OUCH. I knew having to pick him up from the day crib so many times a day was going to be a problem and, yup, it sure was. I had the surgery 10 days later and had my elbow in a cast for 3 weeks. Yup sometimes watching those little ones can be hurtful.

CORY, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I sure wish the weather could have been good there. Not really fair this far into the, should be, warm months. But weather aside, I wish you the very best day EVER. Spend it your way, do everything you wish to do, or just nothing at all. I just wish you the best at whatever is in store for you today.

DH is up now so I guess this is where I close this off. I wish each of you a wonderful day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.