Skip to content
Feeling just about defeated!!
An_248463 posted:

Needed to vent a bit. No support except financially. That's supposed to take care of everything. I forget, get confused, get tired very easily, hard to stay focused. At home I can never do things when I need to, I has to be when they need it. I try very, very hard to comply. I get pushed to do things all of the time. No one is listening to me. Feel so very helpless. Getting tired of everything I do manage to accomplish being shot down a little or nothing!!!

I know there is hope. I pray all the time. Some of the time for understanding from family, guess I haven't been answered yet.

Getting fed up.

missist responded:
Hi... I can sure relate. Its eased up some though thankfully. Here is what I would suggest though--- pray for help learning to adjust yourself and to cope with the situation you have instead of praying for it to change. Pray for contentment within the circumstance God has put you in.

It seems to me that helped me more than praying for other people to change.

Like the past weekend I prayed for us all to have a nice weekend and for me to learn to 'let comments go' that are made about me. I managed to do much better than usual at ignoring stupid things said about me and such. Also I managed to sort of stop some negatives before they happened.

I'm praying God will help me feel like a contributing member of a church family even with my limits--both those imposed on me by illness and those I have from my home life.

Will pray for you too.
Mary

lorayoung replied to missist's response:
I know exactly how you feel. I need the same results that you just explained when it comes to my family. Praying for all of us.

missist replied to lorayoung's response:
Lora-- support from family or negative comments--it a day to day battle. You know, if you have people you love, that's a great thing. I wish wish wish we all could undestand each other as well as love each other. I know my kids and hubby love me. I know I say things sometimes that annoy or bug them and they do the same to me.

There was a bible verse I read once I think it was a proverb --the gist of it was to not listen to what your neighbor says about you as you know well that at some point in some situation you've done the same.

We are not perfect nor are our loved ones. Is the point.

I get hurt and angry --or I have I'm trying to stop that cycle. I figured out the way to stop it--is to work on ME not them. That has proved to be impossible--changing someone else.

so come here or some other support group and get the venting out--better yet do it in prayer. Then walk away and try to have a good day and overlook insults that come your way.

Support will come as you learn to walk above things.
works for me anyhow. And I truly appreciate your prayers!
Mary

An_248463 replied to missist's response:

Didn't mean to sound so negative. Been struggling with this for longer than what the treatment and diagnosis was. I just get stirred up sometimes. Can talk to anyone, except people here that I don't even know. Feel guilty about work because I can't work the way I would like to. I try to pace myself, but like I said family odn't understand why I have to rest after walking in from one room to the other. and why I'm tired when I just woke up.

I pray to God for strength to ignore ignorance and patience to get through hurtful things said. People need to understand that we do the best we can. The best seems like nothing. My nothing is the best that I can do. God bless all that suffer. Iknow we all have a cross to bear, and I hope you all the support in the world. My problem is mostly at home. Thank God for these forums!!

missist replied to An_248463's response:
Hi An_24.. I know. I feel the same way. "People need to understand that we do the best we can." so true. I think the same Thank God for these forums--where people really do understand.
mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.