Skip to content
Feeling Angry Too and hate myself
lorayoung posted:
I too feel angry all the time. Was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 3 months ago. Feel like my life is spiraling out of control and I'm taking my husband and 4 kids down with me. I'm angry that I can't do the things I used too...I'm angry because even just the smallest of tasks seem so hard. I'm angry that no one my household understands. I'm angry that I'm angry. I'm just angry and hate my world for me and everyone in my life. It's not fair for them. I hate myself.

Anon_2912 responded:
First of all you have done nothing wrong in life. Quit trying to get them to understand you or your pain, it will never happen. Now they can learn to accept your limitations and respect them.

But you have to respect yourself first before you can expect it from them. You stated you had kids , how old? They can help in so many ways if they are old enough , I'm not saying hand the house over to them but give them chores especially if you give them an allowance. Get them to help with supper (best bonding time in my option ).

I have always been a believer that REGARDLESS of why you can't go somewhere or can't do something they have to respect you can't do it not why you can't do it.

To me it's respect,,, that you do deserve ..have a come to Jesus meeting with your husband, your NOT being lazy!!! You just now have to slow down some.

Now as many have stated all we can do is look for the positives in everyday life God has blessed us with.

Don't hate ur self !!! You haven't done anything wrong. You gave life to your kids!!!

missist replied to Anon_2912's response:
there are some who say being angry is a good thing that it helps you fight through this. so you have that going for you--if you can channel it. I tend to get depressed rather than anger so that is n't my strong suit. In any case, it is tough and things change. not much more to say about it. God Bless, hope you manage ok.
Mary

lorayoung replied to missist's response:
Thank you so much for the replies and the advice. Going to a therapist next week to help me through this process. Hugs and God bless.

katmandulou responded:
Hi lorayoung, and welcome to the FMily!

I felt the same way, starting with the 18 months they didn't know what was wrong with me. It's not something you can control, but you can control your reaction to it. Mimi, a frequent poster here, will tell you to pace yourself. When you figure out how much of anything you can do, that's all you commit to. Can't pick up two of your kids at two different places within 1/2 hour? See if someone else can help. Maybe carpool, you pick up two kids (yours and another), another Mom or Dad picks up the other two kids (theirs and yours). Your normal is changing, and you have to accept it.

I'm sure you've seen the "Helpful Resources" to the right. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . It has more good tips for us, and you have to read The Spoon Theory - it will help you explain to people what it's like to be in your body. Depending on the ages of your kids, they might understand, and can help out. A 4 or 5 year old can set the table, it might be one dish at a time, but he/she can help!

Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D. I'm taking 1,000IU every morning, and it has helped.

Finally, be honest with yourself, your DH and your therapist. When I'm overwhelmed, crying in the shower is an option. Yes it's hard to deal with, bunt come back and talk, many of us have had the "Wrath of the Dragon" (another from Mimi) for awhile. We're here to help each other.

Have the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
just wanted to add a welcome and hope we can be helpful to you..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.