Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question
lorayoung posted:
Is there anyone in this community posting anymore? I'm new and seeking support.

fibroinsd responded:
Yes...there are a few of us around...some check in daily, some weekly..others here and there...

I hope we can be helpful...do read the section on tips and resources..look for the member toolbox..ideas that can be helpful..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hey Lora.. yes this is an active and alive group.
You can get support here--absolutely.
Now that said.. folks don't generally sit on the pc waiting to see a new post--but there are different ones who check in at different times of the day depending on how their lives run etc..

There is usually a morning post each day --usually started by Mimi--in which several 'regulars' will post how their day is or somehting what is up with them lately.

other than that people post about problems or solutions looking for support or giving it.

Its a good group. Welcome!
mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Lora--- besides the current threads/posts here there are also old posts from several years ago that are still searchable--so if you search for something and a thread comes up--you may find there are 50 or 200 replies or something --those are really old threads.

To get the best support -- post a question of your own and don't search for a thread. That way over the next day or so--some folks will chime in with real 'now' answers.
Mary

booch007 responded:
Lora, there used to be 24/7 activity here. The good news is they have moved on. A large group started a private support and friendship site. But it also was that they got to a better place and the need was gone.

I stay to help another. There is little out there for the FM pt. and I have had a long road and a huge learning curve. Pain is a great motivator......it pulls you in, makes you fight, ro swallows you up!

I am here to be the cheer leader, to help the fight.......

There are many, many lurk than post, but they are here...
I myself am here on weekends. I work 5 daysa week now and it is alot to get on the board too.

When this started I work 5 days in 2 weeks....now 10 days in two weeks. Winning the fight.
Wish oyu all the best to get this better. And you will.

Nancy B

lorayoung replied to booch007's response:
Thanks for all the replies. I have gotten to the point where I am seeking help with a grief counselor so I don't get stuck in any of stages of the grief process. I have realized that I am very depressed. I have also accepted the fact that my husband is never going to understand, and have stopped talking to him about it. He can't fix me, only God can. I'm not giving up. It feels like a very steep hill, but I know I will make it with His strength and the help of people who are also experiencing it and are living with this horrible disorder. Again, thank you. Peace, love, and blessings!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.