Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday - 6/17/2014 ****it is Hot in NC****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is summertime hot. I am so thankful that I got my air conditioner repaired yesterday. I had no idea just what a huge difference it would make. They ended up having to do more than they expected to do. But it sure made a difference. It was really hot yesterday and is going to be hot all week....well, summer is almost here. I only hope it will NOT be as hot as the winter was cold. I am also glad that we did our traveling early before it got so hot. I did sleep good last night, but woke up too darn early this morning but I was able to go back to sleep which was a good thing.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain.

I have noticed that our site has been slower lately. I hope it is because our FMers are feeling better and are out and about doing other things. I do know that summer time is a busy time for a lot of people. School being out and children to take care of and keep them busy. I was supposed to help my DD but things changed since I am in a cast right now. It is not easy to do things with one hand. I go back to the doctor next week for more x-rays and to make sure the bone is healing like it should.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that you will find lots of good info here that just might make a difference in the way you feel. I do know that it is good to know that there are others who understand how we feel.

Vitamin D....be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked. This is a simple blood test but you MUST ask the doctor to check it.
Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is important for a lot of us FMers.

Have a good day and try to stay cool, if possible.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

wetnoodle responded:
thanks for the good advice & kind words, I'm in NC as well and this week is going to be a scorcher, glad you got a new ac . PS am a newby on this site, but have been living with Fibro and chronic pain for about 8 years .

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and to all that will follow today. I do hope, as MiMi mentioned, that the reason Roll Call is running with less posts these days, is because so many of our regulars are out and about enjoying the warm temps and sunshine and not, indoors, feeling fibro's issues or pain.

It's hot here too MiMi. Middle TN is getting way into the 90's and it's dry heat. I'm originally from S. California, so dry heat is what I I've been used to most of my life. It's the S. East's muggy/ wet heat that gets me every time. So today's not bad. DH and I enjoy the dryer heat and can tolerate it. DH and I sat out of doors in it for the longest time yesterday afternoon waiting on hummingbirds that never came. We're batting zero in the hummingbird department. None have come to stay in our yard so far. There are lots of them up the road from us, but right here in town, none.

Well I got the shot in my knee yesterday, no surprise there, and OUCH. But this time, it's new stuff that he shot into the knee. It's some type of jell made to be just like your own knee's lubricant and because it's not a steroid there's no side effects from long term use. My doctor told me that he could, and would, get me as far down the road with this as he can using this stuff, and put off the knee surgery until he just can't any longer. Yay that!! #Happy

After that appointment I had to go to see my GYN because when I did the first urine sample, 2 weeks ago, for my regular Urology exam, it had some extra white cells that the doctor felt might be an indicator of an infection. All the tests, cultures and ultra sounds I did for him came back A Okay. So to rule any other infection I had to make an appointment with my GYN. My GYN doctor is a lot of fun, so I didn't really mind going, but UGH, it's really no fun going in for any check up.

Speaking of that, today, at 2, I have my bi yearly lung check up and X Rays, out of town by 30 miles. Hopefully everything will be okay there and it'll be one and one for another 6 months. Tomorrow, thankfully, DH's post op appointment is just blocks away. he wants me to do to that with him. Only 2 left skin and stomach.

MiMi, I sure hope you are feeling better today. I am sure having the cast, even a pretty pink one, is bothersome. So I hope your arm heals quickly and that your feel so much better very, very soon. Then done until November when the dance starts all over again.

Cory, hope the sunshine and warm temps have found your neck of the woods and that you are out there enjoying the summer weather today.
Also hope your DW is feeling better and that her doctor is about to find the reason she is feeling under the weather quickly.

Hi Lou, hope your kitchen is now in remodel mode and that you will soon have your kitchen back. I know it will be amazing when your done with it. I do hope you can post pictures. Are you on fb? If so maybe you'd could post them there.

Speaking of kitchens: for 3 decades I've had a trash compactor, each from Sears,Kitchen Aide, in my kitchen. It's the kind that's under the counter. Since I've been replacing the older appliances with newer ones this spring, everything in my kitchen is stainless steal, with some black trim. The compactor, 10 years old, looks like the odd appliance out because it's all black and old looking. So I was going to replace it next month with one that is stainless steel. But OUCH, 899 was the cheapest one that would match. Mine still works beautifully. Then DH found our compactor's manufacturer's web site and he called yesterday and ordered the front panel and the top handle in stainless steel with black trim for 145 dollars. I am so happy because that saved us 700 dollars. I am really finding out, the hard way, just how pricey kitchen appliances today are.

Nancy, hope your feeling well today and that any aches or pain you had are long gone.

Okay, I'm off post here. Gentle hugs to one and all..
Linda R

missist responded:
Hi Mimi and whoever else is here today... Hot here in SC too.. way too hot for me. I was outside a bit to tuck some pumpkin plants in that I got free over at the flea market, I was buying a few things and the lady threw them in. I don't know if they will make it but I put them over where my grandkids use the sprinkler so they'll get watered and the kids can see what happens if they grow.

My grand daughter spent that time doing sidewalk chalk on my driveway. Its nappy time for the 2 y/o boy so I'm resting while little girl watches some preschool tv shows.

I have to make a wedding cake topper this week for a customer-- I wonder if I should close my shop for good. I only took one order this spring--wasn't feeling up to it so I kept the shop closed most of the time.

I think I'd rather use my energy to work on preschool projects these days--paper dolls maybe or possibly volunteer to do some preschool children's church things.

feet are killing me! my SIL will pick up the kids about the time little man wakes up from his nappy, so the hardest part of my day is done now--but this is when the fatigue sets in and I do need to cut some wood tonight I think for the cake topper.

Anyhoo here I sit in recliner soaking wet from moving my sprinkler to a different spot and I don't dare go in my room for dry clothes cuz that's where the little crib is for my grandson. Definitely don't want to wake that little guy up.

Mary

missist replied to wetnoodle's response:
Hi Wetnoodle! Welcome!
Mary

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda--my mom used that gel shot in her knee and got a few years out of it. Hope it works fo ryou!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a cool day here in MN, it seems that it's hot everywhere else. The good thing is the furnace has not been turned on for a couple of days now. It is in the 50's at night now.

Yesterday was almost 80 and sunny, very nice. I had about the worst job possible when it's hot though. I was in a boom lift about 55 feet off the floor inside the mill. It is about 140 degrees up there. I was up for an hour on the longest stretch. I handle heat very well but I am glad I was not up there 5 min. longer. I came down and cooled off, promptly followed by a dull headache the rest of the day. I finished the job today but it was cooler was done quick. I'm glad that's over. I was amazed that I felt ok last night and today.

After work we planted three blueberry bushes in out little yard. We have talked about it for a few years now. The DW surprised us yesterday and brought them home. In a year or two.

My SIL has signed up for outpatient care for her problem. I hope she comes around. Like any addict they have to want to change in order fro it to stick. I hope she wants this but I have my doubts. I am praying she does it for her two small children.

I hope you all stay cool and pain free from the wrath tonight and tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Morning guys,

In on Tuesday for Wednesday. I was in the pool all day with girls yesterday. I made a date with the DIl's and ALL the grands. IT WAS GRAND. We talked and played......

I told the DIL's I am the luckiest Nana in the world! The girls are "fish" even the baby. That is important to me. I want water safety for them so now I can work on that. I was racing in the pool like a turtle with Olivia (pretend..of course) Doing this I think did me in, didn't sleep well. But I had too much sun as well.

So glad to read all the goings on above me. Mimi as I read your post about the air, mine kicked on. I hope it does well for the season. I wouldn't want to be in the attic looking to fix it....
I couldn't pay the man enough!

A/C is priceless. It took away the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer......the days of soda, pretzels and beer...(la, la la)
The house has no season and I can do everything, no excuse....the oven works** CRAP.

I remember a salad for dinner because I wasn't cooking and all was right in the world, DH wouldn't take that now......

OK, today is Olivia's Graduation from PreSchool. Have to be there, I took an extra Vac day. So off I go. It is hot and I need to look like a grandma (nana) so I hope I don't sweat too much. There little school is not air conditioned.
Then out to lunch. I am hoping the "cable guy comes and changes my stuff to upgrade me to a better wireless and system. I am working with old equiptment...(like my body) wish for an upgrade there too!!! lol

I hope the day is better for all of you. That a pause of wellness enters the day, that pain seems to drift off behind you as you focus on something, Mind games...it is mind games.

All my best....Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.