Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Hump Day *****6/18/2014
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day.....yes, it is that time again. OMG it has been quite hot in NC. I hope everyone has been staying cool in the hot weather. I am so glad that my air got fixed....it took them almost 6 hours to fix it. But I got it just in time before it got really hot.

MiMi in NC and I rested good last night when I finally got to sleep. I had to run a couple of errands yesterday and it is hard for me to drive. I am glad I did not have to go too far.

I do hope others had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day, with little to no pain.

Welcome to those who have joined out support group recently. I am sure each of you will find some good info here. Check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well....(this was started by our own Nana B several years ago and offers some good *tools* to try).

Vitamin D.....this is my favorite tip and I try to include it in most of the posts that I do. It is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Speak to your doctor about this asap and continue to keep tabs on this each year.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday MiMi, Nancy and to all that will follow. I hope your today is going well and that fibro issues and pain are not a part of your day.

It's gonna be a really hot day here. 90 plus. No rain chances so that means, for the 1st time this year, we turn on the lawn sprinklers to get the flowers and lawn watered. I thought it night be a bit to hot for our little dog so I brought him in. Since DH took down the only 2 tress we had for shade it's getting hot out there. I will have to kick on the AC by noon to make sure it stays cool and comfortable in here.

Hard to believe, dare I believe, that it's really gonna be summer Saturday. It's been such a miserably long winter and crummy spring that I can only hope for a really nice, long summer. Days of warm sunshine will do this old body such good. My DH said to me the other day " You should be feeling really good soon since it's going to be warm and sunny so much now." How well he knows me.

I have only two things to do today, DH's post op appointment and then the market. I should also make it a point to stop by the pharmacy while at the market and pick up some prescriptions my doctor called in.

Well I missed the lung doctor's appointment yesterday, so me, by 20 minutes, because of a slow down on the freeway, so by the time I got there he had gone down to the ER for a consultation. But I did think to ask them if I could go downstairs to the hospital and get the chest X Rays taken that I knew he'd send me out for next week. And I got the call this a.m. that the lungs, heart and lymph nods are one and all A Okay. Whew that!

Now I just need to get the information back from the GYN on a possible infection. Now I'm down to only two doctor appointments next week, the stomach and skin doctor and I am soooo done until next Fall. Well except for the knee shots and back adjustments... so Yay.

To our surprise the parts DH ordered Monday afternoon, for our trash compactor's drawer, arrived over night and were sitting on our front door step by 10 a.m. yesterday. DH put them on the compactor and it looks brand new. Now everything in the kitchen is stainless steel with black trim and it has a really nice modern look to it now. And, also a nice surprise yesterday, DH noticed as he passed the appliance dept @ work yesterday, he noticed that the 4 door refrigerator we bought 2 weeks ago, was marked down 150 dollars cheaper than when we bought it. These big stores price match, so DH got the 150 back and we used that to pay ourselves back for the two parts for the compactor. It's nice when things work out so nicely in one's favor.

cece, my middle daughter and family are in SD now and DD called here last night while they were in the mall. DH, well me too, love SEES candy ( we can only get it here during Christmas.) she was at the SEES store and thought to call to see if her dad would want a box. We said no as our youngest daughter had a box sent over night by SEES last week as a Father's Day gift. But it's one of the things we miss here 11 months out of the year.

Also, they went to the Zoo yesterday and my 8 year old grand daughter just loved the butterfly cage. And then she didn't want to leave the hummingbird cage. Well all of them fell in love with the hummingbird cage. For me, it's always been your Koala exhibit. In fact the whole Zoo is amazing.
They are doing Old Town today and I am guessing the mission. There's so much to do. They are, at some point doing the Harbor cruise. I didn't ask, but wonder if their going to try for a baseball game. I know I'd be sitting and watching the Padres if I were there. I'd also be sitting near the beach just taking in the breeze.

Cory, I hope that today is much, much better. And I am so glad your SIL is getting help. I had a mother who was addicted to alcohol and every kind of pill one could take, and I know just what it can do to those effected by someone's addiction.

Out of characters, have a wonderful day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

booch007 responded:
Checking in late,

I had a HOT day here in NY, humidity is high and I am done with the sun for a bit.
Olivia graduated her pre-school and what lovely ceremonies they come up with. Just such joy. Also I loved hearing "Nana...come over here and there and hold my hand..." priceless times.

My cable has been upgraded and my FMILY...I am typing at lightening speed. Processor has never been so happy. NOR I.

It was almost finished but I am having trouble with ordering movies through the system, so he is returning back after he fixes another client. Hmmm it is always something.

But my iPhone, iPad and computer are in heaven.

So, i spent the day slow....had trouble getting to sleep last night and I think tonight will be worse as tonight I will have work on my mind. I already made a large list of to do's and got a text of 8 things more.....hmmm.
The reaction to the capsacian is still there on the right and itchy...so itchy at night. It amazes me I still have anything with the steroids I took. Got to figure this out. It is annoying.

OK, I am alive, this is a check in. Back to work in the a.m. apparently with lightening and thunder....oh my!
Hope the night goes well for all. Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
90 plus here too and humid. blech! funny how on nasty weather days most of us have little else to talk about. LOL.

Anyhow I learned that getting in a hot tub on a 80 degree early morning feels just fine.

I thought maybe the tub would make me too hot. nope- felt good.

Been busy today iwth grandkids, it was story time at the library today, so we are busy. Also went to get groceries and stopped at farm for eggs. The farm I go to is in our town just down the road and they have brown and blue eggs. I put them in a bowl with store eggs and I have to say they are way more plump firm and dark yolked. The blue ones are amazing inside. who knew?

I pay the extra for them now. My grandkids eat something with eggs in it almost every weekday and I feel good about it.
mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday to one and all. Am posting on
Wednesday's Roll Call because there's not a Thursday's Roll Call yet, because I know MiMi is most likely sleeping peacefully.

It's going to be hot again today. Sure signs that any cooler spring weather is a thing of the past and the summer, and it's heat, mugginess, and lazy days are firmly here. Can't say as if I'm going to mind this at all.

I have to pick up the grand kids in a few hours and take them birthday gift shopping. My grand daughter, who will be 8, in a few weeks, wants Mine Craft things that they sell at Target. I have NO Clue as to what to buy, so I told her I would take her and her little brother to TARGET to pick out a few things so she'd have them ahead of the party and so the other grand mother would know not to buy these things.

I personally don't care for the woman, but try to get along. She always finds a way to makes a point on how well off she is each time I have the misfortune of seeing her. She can, and does, out buy me at every turn, which just burns me up. But she's in Ohio 11 1/2 months of the year and I have the grand kids those 11 1/2 months here, so my my mind set is " Go right ahead and out buy me all you want." I make up for 200 dollar gift with trips to the ice cream store, the mall or the park. Simple things and time with them that you can't put a price tag on.

My middle daughter and family will be in the Los Angeles area this afternoon. They will be checking in at Disneyland for the next 4 days. 2 days would have done it for me, even with the two parks. Anyway, my youngest daughter and the two grand children, the 2 I'm picking up in a few hours, will be flying out tomorrow early to LAX and then onto meet up with middle daughter for the vacation at Disneyland. My oldest daughter and family are in S Carolina, on the coast, on vacation, until Sunday. Seems DH and I are the only ones who are in place and not near a beach.

DH got his post op appointment in and he will have surgery next month, not December, as I had been told. He will have a longer surgery this time, one hour, and he will be out of work 3 days, not two. He won't have to be in the hospital for this one and the recovery shouldn't be much different or more painful. So when all is said and done he will be in much better shape and will not have to revisit this kind of surgery for at least 15, maybe 20 years. So this is a good thing.

Heard from angelswife yesterday and she is doing well. She loves the small village she is now staying in. Her health has is much improved and she is all but allergy symptom, ear infection free. Her fibro flares are few to none. Her over all health is wonderful, And I am so happy for her. She and her DH are also getting out and walking each day and he isn't using a cane any longer. Her leg and ankle is almost completely healed and both have lost a lot of their extra weight and both are way on the other side of healthy now. I am so happy for her. She may be posting on her soon as she has been getting into town more often and using the computer at the city's library each time she gets into town. I miss her posts here as she was so compassionate and caring to those who posted here needing a caring shoulder to lean on.

Okay, just wanted to post in for the day. Wish each of you a good day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Linda....look again!!! There is a Thursday post...but I am doing some reading and found your note..sounds like your DD and family are having a good time..yes there is soooo much to do around here...if they got to the Padre game last night..they were really lucky..as it was a tribute to Tony Gwynn...I feel so lucky to have seen such an wonderful man play for our team..he wasn't just a good ballplayer..he was a wonderful man..and they had the most wonderful tribute to him last night..but then again..like I said..there is so much to do here..they might not have made it there..hope they continue to have a wonderful vacation ..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi cece, I knew it was the wrong day, but MiMi hadn't posted Roll Call yet so I just used this day to post my Thursday post.

My family didn't make it to the game, and it would have been so amazing for them to have been able to be there for the tribute to Tony Gwynn. I never got to see him play, but he was the best of the very, very best in every way. A great player, roll model and person. Californian's was/ are so beyond lucky to call him ours!

As for the family I have 2 of the daughters in Anaheim at Disneyland. I sent a short shopping list with them. See's candy, a Disneyland antenna ball, I gave mine away, and a Mickey tank top for Rudy. We'll be out there for the Rose Parade so will make the trip to the park and get the other things I might want. I also asked the girls to pick up a Disneyland or, if possible, a retro Mickey Mouse Club phone case from there. Not holding out much hope it will happen as cases for the Galaxy S4 are hard to find.

Are you having a good vacation? Are you doing fun things? I sure hope so, you are soooo over due.

Gentle Hugs, Linda

fibroinsd replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks for the note..

yes...Tony G. was an amazing guy...so sad he died at such a young age..only 54...

Hope the dds come up with the goodies from Disneyland...and you will be out for the Rose Parade?? awesome...we will have to work on a meeting plan !..although I know when you come out there is always so much to do !

So far..I am enjoying just getting up when I wake up..about 7 am..no alarm ! other than that..nothing special..Had to take mom to the reg. doc the other day and to the neurologists today...I did talk to my dad the other day about assisted living..he is more open to it..but getting them to make a decision is hard..and I know that will mean a lot of work..and then Ron wants to go up to Oregon to see his mom..and although I like that..it isn't really "fun"..so this will probably be another summer of doing what needs to be done.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.