Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday - 6/19/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....can you believe that it was 80* last night around 11 am? It is going to be another *hot* day and it is not even summer time yet.....but it sure feels like it. I am so glad I have air. Don't think I could stand it being so hot without any air. I often wonder how did people do without air years ago? I have no idea.

So my next doctor's appointment had to be re scheduled. They called to say that the doctor would not be there on Monday. They then said that the next time would be in July. I told her no, my surgeon needs my hand x rayed to see if it is repairing like it should. I often wonder about the people who are put in charge of medical care and if they read anything. It is almost like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Anyway I still go on Monday to have this done.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain. Try to stay cool if possible.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good *tools* to try here. It does take time and effort to find the *right combination* which will make a difference. You should also note too that what works for one person may or may not work for another. Continue to try different things until you can *feel* a difference.

Vitamin D. Speak to your doctor about having this checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about this. So much has been discovered by medical research.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello MiMI, just checked back to see if you had posted and you have, so I can say good morning and wish you and everyone a a good Thursday.

I'm sorry that your doctor's office doesn't understand how important it is that your surgeon sees that your hand is repairing itself as it should be. I also wonder if one medical office knows what others are doing since I have to so many times run the information from one doctor to another. I did the same thing with chest X Rays I knew the lung doctor would want and didn't leave until I was sent down stairs to have them taken. Frustrating when you sometimes just have to be forceful as well.

Okay, just wanted to say hello and wish you and everyone here a good day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Hello ALl - Happy Thursday!

Hot and humid here today, it's 69? now and going to 77 later. Rain is supposed ti push through and bring lower humidity. I can't wait for that!

DH told me a couple weeks ago "you've gotta get away from here," and he didn't mean going to the mall for the afternoon. Off to the mountains for a few days! It was hot and sunny up there too, but SO worth going. He got his bike rides in (he's training for the PanMass Challenge again), and I got to walk, hang out, read and knit.

As for the Kitchen Debacle of 2014, I get the $$ news this afternoon. The $ the insurance has "given" us is mostly being paid to the asbestos and mold remediation people. If my calculations are right, we'll be getting less than 1/4 of what it will cost to rebuild the kitchen. I've picked out everything I want, and we'll see what we get!

Mimi, your doc's office staff sounds dippy. They should be able to ask the doc to authorize the X-ray the surgeon needs. (Maybe it's me, but the surgeon should be able to authorize x-rays, too.) Medical insurance changes like the wind, and they barely tell you about the changes. I found out last week that my plan (which we've had for 9 years) suddenly has a "co-insurance" payment on labs work and x-rays. So I pay a "co-pay", then a nebulous percentage of the charges.

I've gotta get back to my email - I had 180, not counting the spam. I had gone through most of them while we were away, but they have to se sorted and put away.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Good Afternoon..

not much to report here..just trying to get things cleaned up and reorganized...

Took mom to the reg. doctor the other day...she is having some problems..back aches, dizzy..just not doing that great..

and tomorrow have to take her to the neurologist..she hates that..so that will not be pleasant..

Lou..I watch all these t.v. shows where they do such an awesome job redoing kitchens, and they look so amazing when done..I don't think if I was in charge it would come out like that...just whip in some new cabinets, back splash, and it is so so nice...I hope when you get done you feel like you were just on one of those shows...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It was another very long day at work for me, but it should be back to normal again for a while. I am very happy about that.

Yesterday my internet was down all day so I did not get a chance to check in. I had what should be my last PT appointment for my back care. I have a pile of stretches and exercises I am supposed to do every day. I will do my best, but the whole routine would take about 40 minutes. I plan to rotate through them and do what I can each day.

Things are pretty good here tonight. I hope you all sleep well and have a good night.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.