Skip to content
TGIF******6/20/2014 ******Roll Call
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****can you believe it is Friday again and summer is here, no doubt. NC has felt the hot weather all week with thunder storms every day. I think a lot of places have had hot weather. Well, it is now summer and I am sure we will have more hot weather before it turns to fall.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good Friday with little to no pain. I know that I woke up too early again this morning. I woke up sometime last night and my left hand felt like it had a ton of bricks laying on top of it. I was in extreme. Don't know what caused this since I keep it on top of a pillow. Not a good feeling though to wake up to and then I woke up early as well.

I can not find the *right* temp for my air.....don't understand this at all. I normally keep it on 78* but it is too warm and 77* is too cool. It seems to be a no win situation. I never had this problem before.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure you will find good support here with lots of good info and tools to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. You have to find what *combination of tools* which makes a difference for you. Learn all you can about FM and ask questions here. Things will get better as you learn more about this illness.

Vitamin D.....my favorite *tip* to share....which is important to a lot of people these days. Be sure to ask your doctor to check this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more. Try to stay cool and drink plenty of water.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday MiMi and to all that will follow. It's a 'summer
day ' here as well and tomorrow, it really will be summer! So darn happy to have warm days with no cold or dreariness. I do so hate winter, and this spring was just as bad! #Happy.

Had to laugh out loud yesterday as DH and I were at Lowes getting some paint to redo the kitchen ceiling. I was walking through the out of doors garden section and I saw baby rabbit.

Now, it looked like a Jack Rabbit, from the west coast desert to me,hoping through the lettuce and tomato area chopping on something he'd just gotten to eat there. Now if your gonna be a rabbit, and your gonna be hungry, Lowes garden section is not a bad place to hang out for a meal. I tried to corner it so they could remove it, but rabbits are fast little things and this guy wasn't about to be cornered. It was fun trying tho.

DH and I are going out tonight to the movies to see Jersey Boys. Missed seeing it 3 times over the past few years as a musical on stage. So tonight, in movie form, at least, I get to see it. Am sure it will be a good movie. Will most likely head to, our new best place to eat, Burger Shack, for an after movie hamburger meal. DH and I are beyond happy, overjoyed, to have a place here, where we can get a hamburger just like the ones we loved back in California. You've had to have had one of these hamburgers to understand what it's like to not be able to get one. Their just so darn good you love um and really long to have one when you can't. Now, at last, we can. Now if I could only get SEES candy here my wish list would be complete.

MiMi, I wonder what the heck is going on the AC? We have those new digital thermostats and DH set ours at 84. And because he installed insulation in the flooring of the house it stays to cold for me at 84 most summer days. But I welcome the retention of heat in the colder months as the house stays warm without much help from the heater. But right now I've got the doors open to let in the morning warmth but will have to close them in a bit to keep out the heat that is coming today.

cece, I do hope that you are enjoying your days away from school. I hope that you are doing fun things that you enjoy and that don't stress you even th slightest bit.<< HUGS >>

Lou, I am so sorry to hear that the insurance company is paying out most of the money for your kitchen, for the removal of the asbestos, But am not surprised. I hope that your insurance company does the right thing and comes through and gives you enough to get all the things you need to have a beautiful, working kitchen again.

Cory, hope your today is a good one. I also hope that since summer is tomorrow your area begins to look and feel like it and that you get out of doors to do the things you like best.

Nancy, hope your day is going well and that you are not feeling neck or shoulder pain. I wish the shots I get would take that away but they only protect me from the migraines.

Mary, hope your day is going well.

Should close this here and let each of you get on with your day.

Sending Gentle hugs out to all, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday...

Off shortly to take mom to the doctor..

Tonight we will be heading out to go to Cruising Grand..The city of Escondido closes the main street to old cars...and people walk around to see them...DD just got a job on Fridays at a wine bar there...so we will stop in and say hello to her too..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rowan73 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Have a great time! Car shows are great!
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.