Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday - 6/22/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we are supposed to get cooler weather this week. It has really been hot here. It seems like we had a really short spring this year. So I am hoping the summer will be not so hot. I would like to enjoy some of this weather. I am `still having eye problems. DH skipped his pill yesterday and had a sneezing spell as well. I told him he needed to continue taking it as well. Don't quite understand this as it seems to get worse and longer each year.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain.

My DH got coverage to sirus radio.....it has *real music to listen to*. I had no idea that you could get the good ole music these days. I think it is sad that this generation of young people have not experienced good music.

I go tomorrow afternoon to have x-rays again on my hand. I hope things are going right. I do think my pain is better now. Still having some issues though with my ribs.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I hope you will find that this is a good support group. Be sure and review all of the *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox too*.

Vitamin D. That's my favorite *tool* to share. This is important for a lot of people these days. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this for you. Don't take no for an answer....INSIST on getting this. Low Vitamin D can cause some to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Sunday and remember to pace, pace and pace some more. (my other good tool)

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. It is very foggy here this morning and 50 degrees, it supposed to be cooler this week by the lake, only in the 50's. That's just too cold. It will be nice to work at the mill in though. Hopefully the humidity will go down.

Yesterday we went fishing at one of our favorite lakes. It is tucked away down a long gravel road and not another person was around. The water was like glass and we caught two nice fish. I figured out a better way to load my canoe on the Jeep so I wouldn't hurt myself.

Oddly, when I got home and got out of the Jeep my left knee was torn up. It was like the drive did it. I have no idea what happened there. I hope it heals up before tomorrow or it is going to be a long week. I also have the tingling in the back of my hands that follows up through my wrists again. I don't know if it is a hand thing or a middle back thing. Any ideas?The body is grumpy, but the spirit is good.

I have a lot I want to do today, we will see how far I get.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, I think it's a neck thing. I say that because it happens to me. My hands and fingers go numb like and tingle. Kinda scary so I had it checked out and found out it was fibro drven. ( .Maybe to others. I may be wrong but I think Nancy has this happen to her as well.) So I was sent to PT and was getting the neck traction a few months ago. It's helps. I asked my Neurologist and he said it was because of the fibro damaged muscles across the upper chest area. From the shoulders up to the base of the skull. When it gets a flare it makes the muscles ' lose' and this causes the bones in the neck to tighten and have a pinching like effect on the neck bones which causes the nerves to the arms and hands to feel as they are being pinched. Thus the tingling feelings in the hands and fingers.

Now your doctor may tell you differently, and I defiantly would be asking him about this, but that's what I've been going by. When the hands begin to hurt I get in and get the neck traction PT started. It really isn't making the neck better but it's keeping the pain of the flare causing the numbness and tingling feeling to be less and when the flare goes away I stop the PT.

Also, I am so very sorry to hear about the knee. I do hope that by today it's feeling better. So many of us here have bad knees, I think it comes with having fibro, or, like me, an old auto injury(s) and or PN. I hope that you an get in and get someone to take a look at it. I hope you haven't injured it walking down to the fishing spot. Please let us know how you are doing with it.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.