Skip to content
Monday, Monday - 6/23/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where I have had a rough morning.
Sorry for being so late this morning. I actually got up rather early but I was really tired and went back to sleep.

Anyway here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good Monday, with little to no pain.

It is supposed to be a bit cooler today, which suits me just fine.
I had actually had enough of the really hot weather already....and summer has just started. Cory I wish I could send some of the heat your way.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good *tools and tips* to try here which just might make a difference in the way you feel each day in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take a trial and error process to find the *just right combination* though and once you find it, you just might have to continue to *tweak* it to fool the dragon.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked which just might be an issue. Low Vitamin D cam cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses too. Do some research about Vitamin D.

Have a good Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday!

It's warm and dry here, 79? at 11:40 and sunny. I'll get out later and get some D.

Kitchen update: the number I got Thursday was stunning. DH and I are waiting to hear from a couple other people, but it totally blew us out of the water. Because of the condition of the support structure, they have to fill in the crawl space with gravel, tamp it down, and pour concrete. That drove the price through the roof. Stay tuned!

We had a nice, relaxing weekend. My BFF and I spent Saturday together. She was told at the end of May that these are her last days in the SpEd classroom at the school. They've hired some young woman fresh out of college to teach the kids. BFF was stunned, since he's been there a long time. Her supervisor, doesn't have a SpEd background, and doesn't know the ramifications with the students. She'll learn. Meanwhile, BFF is looking for work. She's realized she'll have the summer off (these SpEd districts hold summer sessions, because the kids really need it), and will use the time to get a few things done.I'm hoping for more BFF time!

In spite of everything, I'm feeling pretty well. The few days away early last week did me a lot of good, although I have a new muscle spasm on the right side of my neck. This too will pass, right?

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi, Lou and to all who will follow. I hope your Monday is going well and that you have a sunny, warm day to enjoy. Not so much of that here though.

It's was hot here, 89, a few hours ago, now it's thunder, lightening and pouring rain. ? Summer, go figure.

I hope this rain asses quickly as I have to pickup 2 of my grand children in an hour or two. I'm sure after leaving sunny and hot Southern California this rain won't be welcomed.
DH and I will be able to have the GC for a few hours and then we have to take 2 of them to the parents of the dead beat dad for their court appointed visit. Not something I like to do, nor do the children.

DH and I spent yesterday in. Did a few things around the house, but it was just too hot out there to much out of doors and then it rained for awhile so that kept us in in the late afternoon. Still no hummingbirds and we are wondering if we will even get any. We had 30 last summer and zip now. We are at a loss to a reason why.

MiMi, I'm sorry you got up too early, but good to hear you managed to fall back to sleep a bit later.

Lou, am so sorry about the news. The work that is needed now was never mentioned prior to the start of the clean out? OMG is this going to keep you from getting the inside work/ remolded and appliances purchased? I sure hope this is not going to drag this out for more weeks. This is just so unfair,
<< HUGS >>>

Cory, I do hope that today your are feeling better ( knees ) and that your temps are getting warmer.

Well the thunder is getting to a bit too loud and close so will close this here.

Gentle hugs to all.. have a fibro issue and pain free day.
Linda R

brokenmom2 responded:
"I feel good..." Yup, that song has been going thru my head this weekend! LOL I got a cortisone shot in my left knee last week (torn meniscus) and after the initial painful day, it was feelin' GREAT! Also taking Meloxicam to hit the inflammation hard-core...which seems to be helping my all over in addition to the knee! So with the Lyrica and the Meloxicam, I am actually pain-free (well, as much as I can be)!! Woo hoo!

I spent the day on Saturday baking a wedding cake, then had to run to the store for some more ingredients - - I was halfway down the baking aisle when I realized that I was pain-free and walking normally in a grocery store!! I could have danced a little jig, I was so happy! I haven't been able to walk normally to do any serious shopping (grocery or otherwise) for 3 years!

Plus, by Sunday I was tired (slept almost all afternoon), but that is all - not the usual "I've been hit by a truck" feeling for two days after a hard-core working day like that. I don't know how long this will last, but I am going to try and take advantage of it! As long as it lasts until my son's wedding on July 19 I'll be happy!

katmandulou replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda: the kitchen is totally demo'd, out to the studs and the sub-floor. The company giving us this estimate says that there's a lot of stuff wrong with the room, and has to be brought up to code - we got that. The crawl space has to go away to prevent more moisture seeping in and up into the floor. That added $20K to the cost.

I'm waiting for other quotes, but I'm sure it will be the same thing. I like the guy who already gave me his quote, but we're kinda freaked out.

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..

hope you all are doing ok..

Had a busy weekend dealing with mom and dad..what else..the evening caregiver had the day off on Sat...so we took dinner over to them...and did a few things around the house...Then Sunday morning..the usual..take them to breakfast..then church..home for a bit..then back to fix dinner...Did get a nice swim in their pool..They don't really use the pool anymore..and they keep the cover on it..so it was a toasty 100 degree water !! A bit warm..but felt nice.

My DH and I did get out Friday night to go to a part of town that sponsors a car show...sort of...So all these people that have fixed up their old cars drive up to this town..and then tons of people come out and just walk around to see them.but here..they have the cars driving up and down the main road..since the town sort of looks like it is out of the 1950s anyway...the old cars just adds to it...Plus the town has bands out..and things like hula hoop contests..so it is a lot of fun. It has really helped this town..as this town was kind of dying..not much happening there..businesses closing up..and this has really revived it..At least on Friday nights in the summer !It was fun. And my DD got a job in a "beer garden" at a restaurant right there..So that is nice..

Lou...this kitchen remodel sounds like a nightmare...I sure hope you get some good news soon...It sounds like that show "Love it or List it" ...Where the lady remodeling the house always says..."Well, I didn't know I was going to have to completely fix the structure of the house !"....

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's a little nicer here today, still muggy but a little warmer. Now they are talking 50's for highs until Friday. By Saturday we should see 70 though. I should be happy but I wish it were warm and dry.

Yesterday I did manage to get what I wanted done. I just had to push a lot harder than normal. I had a repair to do on my Jeep I was not looking forward to. I had to take the front end all apart in the driveway. I had parts laying everywhere. It went good though and I was done by noon. Mission accomplished.

My knees are an ongoing battle as some here know. I have very loose joints in both and had torn the right one requiring surgery at 30 or so. My left was bothering me all day yesterday and this morning. I wore my brace at work and to my surprise, it is better. We were able to take our walk tonight without much pain. Sometimes it's as though a switch flips on or off and a painful thing can just appear or disappear. I am glad it did the latter.

Linda R, the neck thing might be a connecting link. I will talk to my Dr. about it. Thanks for the info. I hope the rain let up for you.

Mimi, wouldn't it be nice if we could mix the heat there and the cold here and end up in the middle?

Lou, There must be an easier way to put a vapor barrier under the house. I know up here we can smooth out the dirt in a crawl space and cover it heavy plastic. I don't know what they require where you live but cement seems excessive. Venting is key as well so air can get under there in the warmer months.

Brokenmom2, so glad you are feeling better. 3years? That is too long to be miserable.

Cece, glad to see you and the DH got a much needed night out. We have heritage days coming here soon. Its always good for our little town too.

To all, thanks for thinking of me. I hope you all have a good night. Take care.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, coming from California where most houses built in the 40's through the 70's has asbestos installation. I so get what you are talking about. Back in the day no one knew or understood then what asbestos could do to lungs and I guess it was cheap to use when building homes.

Our family home in North Hollywood, Ca had asbestos in the walls and in the garage walls even. My grandmother, our family builder, put that in when she converted the single car garage into a bedroom. I lived in a home with it for 18 years, so far no issues from that. And later on when my father heard about how bad that stuff was he took it out of the walls in the garage walls. I remember going over to my old home and my father, in 1980, was wearing a hasmat suit while taking it out of the walls. Had anyone reported him and the asbestos the house would have been condemned.

And after the Northridge Earthquake in California, my BFF's home was damaged by the quake and the insurance contractors went in and found asbestos, the house was reported, they had to move out and when they were done cleaning the house, you could see through the house from front to the back, it was nothing but frame. Took 2 years to put the house back together, it went 50,000 over cost and she lost the house to the bank because she couldn't afford the house and a rental at the same time. Asbestos and the repair it takes to clear it out is something else, So I understand the issues you are dealing with.

Having said that: why this news about cement and the crawl space needing to be done now? Why didn't someone mention that that in the beginning of this process and that it was part of the clean up?

You need to get your life back and this needs getting the house ready for you and at a fair price so you can remodel your kitchen and get back to having a whole house again.

Sending positive thoughts and <<< HUGS >>> to you.
Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.