Skip to content
Happy Hump Day - 6/25/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day FMily.....MiMi in NC where it is going to be HOT again. I guess this is expected though now that it is summer.

DH and I selected a new keyboard for my computer. I had worn the letters off of mine. I really wanted one which *lights up*....but did not find one. It is wireless. Typing one handed is not easy.

So much going on everywhere. I often wonder how so much happens. I can only hope things will get better. I do know that our country and especially NC has a huge amount of room for improvement. That's my soapbox for today.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support site recently. Learn all you can about dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does get better as the more you learn, the better you will cope. You have to find out what will work for you. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. It is a process and takes time and effort. Only you will know when you have found something which really makes a difference in how you cope. Keeping a daily journal might help you to start with. Keeping up with what you eat and the activities you do and your pain level. This might give you a breakdown of when you have more pain and what might be causing it. Keep up with any medicines and vitamins and supplements you take also. Sometimes it might be changing something which is a simple process.

I am trying something different today for my allergies. I hope it works. Time will tell.

Vitamin D.....again speak to your doctor about getting this checked. This might be an easy fix. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it just might affect other illnesses as well.

Enjoy your day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more. It does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week MiMI and to all that will follow. I do hope today is going well for each of you and that there is sunshine and good weather where you are and that also, fibro issues and pain will not be a part of your day.

It's going to be hot here today as well MiMi. TN, being next door to NC we have pretty much the same temps and weather, storms and such each season. And yup, that's summer temps all over. Loving it.

Had to laugh as it was raining here for a short time this a.m. and afterwards I heard our in ground sprinklers go on. Ran to the garage to shut them off as we have had more than enough rain each day, an inch yesterday afternoon, to keep the lawn and flowers happy, too much of a good thing really, some of trees have yellow leaves now.

DH and I went to see Jersey Boys the other day and it's not half bad. I wanted to see it on stage tho, but the movie kept that feeling about it. When I was young and this group, the four seasons, were I guess on the top, they were just okay to me. Maybe I was too young to ' get um ' but after hearing their songs over the years you kinda get to know them and like them. So I wanted to see the stage version and ended up seeing the movie. And the reason I had to laugh, the age group was entirely seniors. I mean not a dark head of hair in the auditorium. Not really, but you get the meaning. It was interesting to see so many elderly people and couples doing a ' date night '. DH and I included.

I have my lung doctor appointment this a.m. Then lunch with
DH and I hope he gets a rental car this afternoon so we can head out of town for a few days. Perhaps to the Gulf for some surf and sun. It's not in stone, but I hope DH gets the travel bug and we hit the road. I was told yesterday by my two daughters that the little ones need to have their time, cousin stuff, so grandma and grandpa can come and just visit, not stay overs at our house. The plans for the little ones have been made for the next week and weekend and I've been out voted. Okay fine, we're gone.

Speaking of gone, let me close this here ( so I can get up and get ready to head out the door ) with wishes for each of you that this day is wonderful and fibro pain and issue free.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..and a pleasant day this is...at least weather wise..nice but not too hot..

Spent the morning over at mom and dads..and mom and the caregiver took my dad's walker to a bike shop to be fixed..while dad and I went over some financial stuff...lots to take care of..and he has a hard time talking on the phone..just doesn't hear people correctly..or make himself understood well..

mom and the caregiver came home..and we thought about going out to lunch..but I am trying to stick to my diet..so it isn't easy..well, they decided to have lunch at home..and I came home..again to an empty house..the peace and quiet was lovely.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hello MiMi and All,

I'm still having problems with my right hip. The ortho seems to think that it is from the spine and pressure on the sciatic nerve. I've done the X-rays and the visit to the nurse practicioner who ordered the MRI we did 2 weeks ago. Friday I see the doctor.

Let's face it. I don't think he'll have much to offer me. They don't--and shouldn't do back surgery for people who can walk and move. (Those of us without orthopedic problems.) If they do anything to relieve sciatic nerve impingement, it's news to me.

In the meantime, sitting is horribly painful. So. . . . I've not been here lately. Please forgive me. I'll be back ASAP. Promise.

In the meantime, W NY state is hot and muggy, too. We had over 2 inches of rain this morning. It should be fairly dry for 2 whole days, and then the thundershowers will be back. I HATE this hot, muggy weather. Talk about your fibrofog! And nausea. And sweating. And lightheadedness. I keep feeling like I'm going to faint. All of this is normal for me when it is too hot--basically anything above 72. I could do without this on top of the sciatic pain .

But then, we all could.

Towards better days,

Bette

dollbug replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Hello Betty and welcome back. I noticed you had not posted in a while.....but this seems to be the place for people to join and then check out without letting anyone know what happened, if anything or why. I think one time I referred to this as a revolving door.....people come, people go.....some return and maybe some just lurk or not....don't really know.

Sorry you are having hip issues...I have been there done that. I had to get shots in both hips a few years ago which sure helped me.... I have had issues myself for 3 weeks now. I went sight seeing and took a *swan's dive, as my DH called it....in slowwwwwww motion and decided to break a bone...we were at Bodie Lighthouse at the Outer Banks when I tripped....actually out in the middle of no where....(I guess this is just my illusion though, because I know it was somewhere....just don't know exactly where. Anyway....it was on June 3rd and I elected to not seek medical care....since I thought they could not do much for me anyway.....my son (firefighter) was NOT happy with me, but my surgeon said it was ok....since the swelling needed to go down anyway. So I am now in a brace for another 3 weeks.....hoping my bone will heal back like it should. I definitely do NOT want any surgery on it. I can now at least take the brace off and air my hand and get a shower without having to protect the cast (which I wore for 2 weeks)....I also scrapped both knees and my knuckles and my elbow as well. I also think I bruised my ribs too. This is getting better though....(thank goodness).

It has been HOT here in NC too.....I am glad we had nice weather to travel. I had problems with my air conditioner and they replaced the coil system and suspension value.....thank goodness it was still under warranty though....it is a Trane***I will have to get another one when something happens to this one. It is now better than it has been for a long time. I am staying cooler anyway.

I do hope you will get better soon. The support site has been slow for a while....I was hoping that everyone was feeling better and just out and about.....as we don't know when we don't hear.

Take care and good luck with your recovery.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's late so just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. I am doing a little better today. It's still cold and damp but it is supposed to warm up next week.

Bette, good to hear from you. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I hope they can give you some good news on Friday.

Mimi, isn't it odd that most keyboards are not lighted. I have one and it's my favorite thing about my computer.

Linda R, thanks for sharing yesterday, always appreciated.

Cece, I think you and I are the only ones not dealing with flooding right now. The weather is a mess everywhere.

To all have a wonderful night, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.