Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****Roll Call - 6/27/2014 June is almost over
dollbug posted:
TGIF****FMily.....MiMi in NC where it is a bit cooler this morning but it is supposed to get hot again for the week-end. NC night get some scattered showers today.

To the new members who have joined recently.....Fridays we have *roll call* as we call it and just like to see people who perhaps are just lurking pop in and post to update the FMily on how things are going with them. We do appreciate all of our members here who are dedicated daily in posting to help others. I know that many of us who have been here for a long time have learned a lot here from one another. There is not too much which is really *easy* in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. But there is a lot of good *tools and tips here* that just might make a difference in how you face each day. Sometimes it is just good to know that there are others who truly understand us and *get it*.....

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good week-end too, with little to no pain.

Vitamin D.....please be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your level checked....This just might help you limit some of your pain.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good one and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. This does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hi all, this will be a long day for me. Single topic, and for once not the kitchen!.

It's nice and cool here, 70? and dry. The humidity was really awful yesterday, and I was ready to give up when DH came home and said, "it's cooer outside, why aren't more windows open?" DUH - LOL

I've been up since 4am, when DH woke me to say the dog was sick. She woke him yelping in that way that you know it's not boredom. She was paralyzed on one side (and couldn't stand), kept yelping and panting. She had two seizures in the living room. The vet's office doesn't open til 8, so we took turns comforting her, giving her water and cookies and peanut butter. At 8 we were at the vet's office, and she had another seizure in the car. Around 8:30 she crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

So now, in addition to the empty kitchen, there's a 95-kb dog-shaped empty space. DH went ti work, I'm making it look good til a lunch date. Next week we'll start disposing of her things, meds to the vet, food & treats to the local shelter. She was a royal pain in the a**, but she was my dog. I miss her already.

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have,
Lou

melpom responded:
Happy Friday to all! It has been off and on rain this week in Kansas. Today and this weekend looks like the same. I have had a rough week with pain which I think was brought on by stress, weather and crossing the line. Sun is best for me and hope to move some day to an area that is better suited for me. In the meantime I will use the tools I have learned to help me get through this once again. I'm scheduled for an adjustment and massage this morning. Hope for another day of low activity. Lou, sorry for the loss of your dog. It is always hard. Hope your day improves. Everyone have a great Friday! Mel

Anon_10089 replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou-

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs truly wrap themselves around our hearts.

--JR

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, please accept my deepest condolences and most sincerest and hear felt sympathies at the loss of your dear 4 legged family member.
Sending love your way today. Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Lou...so so sorry for the loss of you dog...it is so difficult to see them leave us...

Been an uneventful day here..and I did get to the mall..I haven't been in soooooo long..and now I remember why..the prices are just too high on so much..did manage to find a bathing suit on clearance..so that was nice..

I saw a lady trying to check out..she had her mom and her sonwith her..and they were dealing with the problems of trying to get her mom around with a walker...I told her to go ahead of me in line...I understood what she was dealing with..as I deal with that too..Thank goodness she had a nice son to help her..it isn't easy.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.