Skip to content
Monday, Monday ******6/30/2014 ******June is almost gone
dollbug posted:
Happy Monday morning....another week is here and another holiday right around the corner.....just look at the gas prices again. I think it is sad that gas goes up....taking advantage of some people who are having issues trying to keep up anyway with just living. Sunday morning I heard one of the Washington leaders speaking on *disability* and how it is going to go broke.....since so many people have been approved. I guess I find this odd since the system has been mismanaged for years now. So much corruption and cover up in the country. Those who get voted to try to do the jobs in Washington continue to get salaries and benefits when their term is over....(and people wonder why the country is in such a financial mess?) There is so much *waste* and these people are the ones in charge of doing what is best for our country? I find it strange that just a few people have been *allowed* to bankrupt the country. I often wonder how many times they have &*increased their salaries and benefits though*.....I am sure there is so much going on that we, the people and taxpayers, are not even aware of.

OK....I'll get off my soapbox now.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a great start to the week. I had issues yet again with trying to rest. Being so tired and not being able to sleep is not a good thing. It seems like for me though, this comes and goes in cycles.....some of which is worse than others. What brings it on? I don't have a clue unless it is stress.....although I don't always *feel stressed*. I know also though that this too will pass and that it could be so much worse.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will soon find something that will help improve the way you feel, you just have to keep on keeping on until you find it. This does take time and effort. We have to do our own research and learn all we can about how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon....(as Nana B says). I love this saying. It is perfect for the way that I am sure some of us feel, at one time or another.....draggin the dragon, aka FM, is not fun.

Vitamin D.....again, as I normally do, I encourage those FMers who have not gotten around to this yet....get your vitamin D level checked....this is so very important for so many people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
You just might be surprised at the difference it *might* make. Not all people are affected though....it seems like some people have low levels of Vitamin D and when they raise their level to within the normal level, there is no change for them in the way they feel. So what works for one may or may not work for another.....BUT you will never know until you try it. What was the saying at one time....*try it you night like it*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyone have any *plans for the 4th*? It is right around the corner.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
GOOD LAST MONDAY OF JUNE EVERYBODY. Gosh it's gone by so quickly It seems as though I was just saying May, now June is on it's last day. I do hope that July doesn't rush by so quickly.

I hope that today is going well for each of you. I know that we are all dealing with something, medical or otherwise, but I hope that it's a good day for you and that you have sunshine and warm temps where you are.

Here, not so much. Again. The sun comes out, goes away and then it looks like it will rain. It doesn't and the whole process starts again when the sun comes back out. It should be 90 today, sure it will be that at some point and it's muggy for sure so rain at some point as well.

Had a nice weekend. Spent time with the 5 grand kids and DD's. Ate out, did some shopping and even got to bring one GS home for a sleep over. And by week's end my middle daughter will be here to pick up her youngest daughter, she has 2, so that will be nice. DH and I hope to travel over to NC for a long weekend with her at some point, but its nice to have her here with us for a few days too.

And foot # HAPPINESS. I found shoes and sandals that will help my poor aching PN effected feet. At long last. A neighbor, who has PN, noticed I was in flip flops, as per my usual, Saturday and told me about how bad it is for my feet and back to wear them. I kinda already knew this but shoes that are made for those of us with PN are really not attractive, but yes, I know necessary.

And truthfully with me always going bare footed and wearing flip flops, which I do everyday, even in the cooler months when I can, I KNOW that I do need corrective shoes. The foot pain is really bad now. So I did take notice and listened. She told me about a shoe label VIONIC, she wears them, that makes not only shoes but sandals, that are tailored just for people with PN and are attractive. No dowdy old lady shoe look. They are pricey tho, 65 and up, because they are corrective shoes. What they do is correct the heel, elevenses the nerve pressure because it straightens out the foot and the foot's balance so the pain of PN is way less. And also it helps reduce the foot pain after taking them off. Nice.

So I looked into it. Liked what I saw and I ordered a beautiful pair of sandals, online at more than 50% off their regular price of 149.00. Then I checked them out at BELKS, their a chain store here in the SE, that carries them. I went yesterday and they are a really good looking line of covered shoes and sandals. Really high end quality. Designer look to each of them. My kinda shoe and sandal. But since I had already ordered a beautiful pair of their sandals online I just bought a 'knock around the house and yard" pair of black sandals for less than 60 dollars. But have to admit having tried them and worn them I now know how good they are! They are comfortable and your foot just fits perfectly in them.

I am going back to BELKS tomorrow, when I get the 15% off for being a senior, first Tuesday of the month thing, and I've also got a 20% off coupon, so I plan to buy one last pair. I should be able to get a lovely pair I saw yesterday at 90 dollars, tomorrow, for less than the 65 dollar I spent yesterday.

I know this may seem excessive to most of you, but I have to wear sandals, and I have a lot of um. Some from KHOLS, some from Los Angles, some high end, some not so much.
So getting a good sandal, nice looking and doesn't look like it's a corrective shoe, is perfect for me. I am so sold on VIONICS sandals and shoes because I am sure they will help my feet long term and help stop the terrible pain from the PN, which wearing the flip flops and sandals wasn't helping, I have two bags of my flip flops and sandals ready to go to Goodwill today.

Speaking of shopping I do have a few errands to run and it's get the nails done today or they'll fall off. So it's close this here with wishes for a good day for each of you.

Gentle Hugs, Linda R

melpom responded:
Happy Monday to all. Checking in a little late today. I woke up feeling a little better than I have in a while. Time to play catch up. Went shopping with DD. I'm not a big shopper but DD at 10 loves it. I also went grocery shopping. It seems like when I feel better I try to do the things I put off and end up regretting it. I did notice something regarding vitamin D. I ran out the beginning of last week and bought more. I failed to update my daily dose for the week. I caught it Saturday and took Sat & Sun. Maybe it is a coincidence but the pain lessened quite a bit the last couple of days. I also was out of iodine for a week which is for my thyroid. I purchased today so that may help also. Ready for a few days with less pain and fatigue. We shall see. Hope everyone has a good Monday! Mel

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was an odd combination of warm and windy here today. We hit 84 by the lake. The wind was blowing out into it verses off. The wind and warmth made work less than enjoyable. It was in the upper 90's inside and I wear coveralls all day. Later I was working outside. The wind created a dust storm of sawdust that got in my ears, down my back, and in my eyes. Being sweaty helped it stick nicely. It was a less than pleasant start to the week. I was wiped out when I got home.

Tomorrow I see my rheumatologist. It's a 6 month follow up for my Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil). It has been helping with my fingers and feet a lot. my face rash is all but gone and it helped my hip and shoulder some. The wrist, back, and knee persist, but it's a big help. I still feel like I am losing ground lately and will talk to her about that. 5 day weeks are getting to be a struggle.

Things are ok today. I have three short weeks ahead. I took a few days off here and there to get a break while the in-laws are staying with us. The short weeks will be welcome.

Mimi, I hope you sleep better soon. I agree on the corruption in our government. It is a sad mess to say the least. In the end the sufferers will be us, not them.

To all, have a wonderful night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.